What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• It is in the hands of the insurance company now. I will see what they do. I have the additional 3K of add on's available to me if they total it but boy O boy I hope they don't! Kelly blue book says it is a retail of 13,900. I think I have about 2500 + in goodies on it as well. Not sure.

I am only speaking with the service dept so far and they could not be nicer. Fingers crossed.

Any one know what the level of a "Total" is? 50%??

a quick search found the following:

Generally, the cutoff is somewhere in the 70% to 75% range. In this case, the car is considered to be a total loss except for the value of scrap metal or potentially salvageable parts. An appraiser can check the damage done to a wrecked vehicle to determine the totaled car value.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Any one know what the level of a "Total" is? 50%??

Sorry to hear that, total changes depending on insurance company and value of the vehicle. Totaling a 50k vehicle vs a 20k vehicle has different percentages, so you will just have to talk with adjustor about it.

Keep in mind, you are allowed to buy it back from them if they do total, otherwise they may not let you remove the mods, but be friendly with your adjustor and hopefully they will work with you on everything. If they do total, you can always buy a low mileage used one and swap parts over, then sell off the wrecked one for parts to recoup part of your costs.

My nephew has worked in the insurance industry for 20 years, he's been a wealth of info for me on a couple of occasions that I've had to deal with it.

• Hard to photography, but pretty happy with how this wrap turned out on the windshield. Tint was cheaper, but this is zero adhesive and could be removed easily if I wanted to. Looking through it, I can only describe it as "grayscale" where it's distorted a bit, but unless I'm caught in the rain or dirt debris hitting me I'm not usually looking through it and why I think this will work. Time will tell I guess! Wastegate parts from Tial also showed up today, excited to get some more of the turbo upgrade done tomorrow. Will try to get a pic of this one the sling.

• Got my Stingray roof in today. Lucky for me the instructions suck and only partially apply to my 2020R. Needless to say, the install is not going well.

Did you let the vendor know what Slingshot you have / been some minor changes from year to year. Before you run into trouble might want to call and talk to the folks who sold it to you.

• Did you let the vendor know what Slingshot you have / been some minor changes from year to year. Before you run into trouble might want to call and talk to the folks who sold it to you.

Yes. It had to have some different mounting hardware and brackets than the previous years. This one was made to fit the 2020, so they say. The instructions seem to be for the previous year models though so I'm figuring it out as I go. They are closed until Monday so no phone support.

• My goodie arrived today. If you want a cover for the stock steering wheel, this is the one to buy. It fits like a glove, was made for the 13.5 inch wheel, excellent quality, and the bead comes in an assortment of colors (I'm partial to red). Love it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d…=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Received mine today. Had to install as soon as it came in even though its 30 deg. in the garage. I love the look and the feel is so much better! A must have if using the stock steering wheel. Thanks for the info!

• Yes. It had to have some different mounting hardware and brackets than the previous years. This one was made to fit the 2020, so they say. The instructions seem to be for the previous year models though so I'm figuring it out as I go. They are closed until Monday so no phone support.

On the other thread I asked about posting a picture...That may help.

• Sorry to hear that, total changes depending on insurance company and value of the vehicle. Totaling a 50k vehicle vs a 20k vehicle has different percentages, so you will just have to talk with adjustor about it.

Keep in mind, you are allowed to buy it back from them if they do total, otherwise they may not let you remove the mods, but be friendly with your adjustor and hopefully they will work with you on everything. If they do total, you can always buy a low mileage used one and swap parts over, then sell off the wrecked one for parts to recoup part of your costs.

My nephew has worked in the insurance industry for 20 years, he's been a wealth of info for me on a couple of occasions that I've had to deal with it.

Do they factor in safety and possible unknown frame damage?

• It is in the hands of the insurance company now. I will see what they do. I have the additional 3K of add on's available to me if they total it but boy O boy I hope they don't! Kelly blue book says it is a retail of 13,900. I think I have about 2500 + in goodies on it as well. Not sure.

I am only speaking with the service dept so far and they could not be nicer. Fingers crossed.

Any one know what the level of a "Total" is? 50%??

Hope you get it repaired or replaced.

Your travel photos are nothing short of legendary.

Best wishes.

• Do they factor in safety and possible unknown frame damage?

I spoke with my agent and the adjuster people yesterday and I am told that the threshold for State Farm is 80% of whatever value they give the vehicle as a total. Fortunately I am about 30% under that and hopefully will get this old girl back in the stable. One of the most painful parts is having parts in boxes under the tree with a big :?:next to them. All I want for Christmas is....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I spoke with my agent and the adjuster people yesterday and I am told that the threshold for State Farm is 80% of whatever value they give the vehicle as a total. Fortunately I am about 30% under that and hopefully will get this old girl back in the stable. One of the most painful parts is having parts in boxes under the tree with a big :?:next to them. All I want for Christmas is....

I had State Farm also for 40 year are so. But no longer, I am with Progressive, Insured both Slings and the Harley for what State Farm wanted to insure the 2016 Sling for per year with better coverage. :thumbsup: