Replacement battery

• The battery in our 2015 is now 9 years old and still doing it's job, but it's end time must be drawing near. I am seeing the Polaris battery is no longer available? Without having to get a 2nd mortgage, what replacement battery can I purchase and expect to get the same service life, (I am not running any additional accessories!)?

Just to confirm, I am looking for a group 26 or group 34 battery, correct?

Thanks,

Bill

• dont think there is anything special about the batteries used in the slingshot - I suspect any high quality battery of the correct size should work just fine. my 2016 came with the smaller motorcycle battery and I replaced it last year just because I figured it was 6+ years old and due - went on this site and ordered a Duracell - - like you I have not added any electronics so have never seen any point in changing from stock size

Batteries Plus

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm in the same situation as you Bill.

The build date on my SS is August 2014.

Was delivered to my dealer in December.

Battery is probably 10 years old right now.

I'm considering doing the same.

I think our green buddy Shatneyman might also be running OEM in his '15.

Nobody has recommended a battery yet except the Optima

(Too expensive for my needs)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Just not a Interstate battery. Unless things have changed with them. I also say not a lead acid battery because of the corrision on the terminals

• If you get a BIG3, altenator with a 240, you will have 14.5 volts with the engine started, and with the engine off, I have 12.3 volts. More than enough ...POWER!8o

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• Yep, still running the same original battery, and it works fine so why change it? Kind of like my wife, after 35 years the spark might be a little weak but starts me up when needed.