Trailering???

• Yes you do @Bigdog and if the damn courier hadn't of missed the pick up yesterday it would have been well on its way by now! Will deliver it to the Purolator depot directly Monday morning, Dont forget I,m counting on you for a detailed review ! (as if that's not going to happen ! lol )

@kev, is this supposed to replace the dolly that you had in Eureka or is it just another option?

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• @kev I'm also wondering what the loaded tongue weight is on your setup to determine if it would work on a 4 ft stinger behind my truck and camper. I agree with @Bigdog that no plates or wheels, and easy storage provides some nice advantages. I already have 4 trailers and none of them will haul the Slingshot. Plus my wife thinks I joined the tag-of-the-week club!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Decided not to install a picture of my SlingShot on the rear door of the trailer. Just could not get a picture that was good enough after being enlarged. They all really looked like crap.

The other decals were installed today, and am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

You put the wrong forum name on it, it should have been "MYTOY" then you could have the beauty dropped it of at my place. :00000436::00008172: Looks gorges brother :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• slinglow, he told around 700-750 pounds....

I have used mine to pick my SS up at the dealer....that said I have made some adjustments to it to fit my truck and my needs....I added a handle to help me to hook it up easier...and I made an adjustment to the balls (hitch height).

The wireless lights he provides are really nice...

It’s a nice design that I really like...not hard to load....the SS onto....

I have a small 4 wheel dolly I use to keep my loader on to roll it to my truck. I don’t want to carry anything any farther than I have to...

Also at Kevs suggestion I installed a safety pin to keep the weight off of the air bag during transport....so you just use the bag to raise and lower the cradle. You can see the red handle of the pin at the top left...

You can also see the handle I added right above the air valve. It folds down. I get just the right leverage to line it up on the balls...which have to be engaged into the couplers at the same time..

I keep a small 12 volt air compressor in my truck with the safety chain. I plug it into the SS in between the seats...when loading the SS.

You will probably want to keep and extra SS front wheel and tire with you in case one goes flat during your trip. As you would keep a spare tire for a trailer...

• sorry@Slinglow @Tim0341 i have been dealing with an ailing father and not online very often the last few weeks but i see @Bigdog has been able to answer most of the questions, thank you Sir. Yes the lift works great an is very portable however it was designed for 3/4 ton suspension or more as it does put almost 700 lbs on the receiver. I have about 4000 miles on mine.Hence we designed the tow dolly
    kits ,also knockdown for portability, for lighter towing vehicles as it puts less than 100 lbs on hitch.

• I had the same concerns and after loading it a few times for practice..and actually towing my SS...20 or so miles from my dealer to my house.....I’m totally confident in the set up.
    Our back up camera works well enough to get you lined up with the cradle. When you get the back tire close enough to the cradle you need to get out and make sure the rear wheel is indeed lined up to roll into the cradle. Get back in and give it some gas to get it up and in. You’ll hit the upright and know you are where you belong.

There is snow here and I’m not Going to be making a demo video...LOL

This is the collapsible handle I installed. It helps me to keep the cradle level to get the couples on the balls at the same time. The balls are lined up on top of each other so the cradle needs to be level to do that. It just takes a little practice.

My SS on my truck

In the dealer parking lot loading up. The tire is resting against the collapsed handle.
    Off the ground

My total ground clearance before removing the front end.

Safely at my housethis is how I get my cradle to my pickup on the 4 wheel dolly.

You can not travel with the empty cradle on the balls. It will swing around on the hitch. I put it in the bed of my truck.

Since every truck bed is at a different height I took off my SS front end to give me plenty of ground clearance. I only had about 3” with it on and the cradle hoisted and I wasn’t comfortable with that amount. The front end comes completely off with 8 bolts frame and all and then you have about a foot of clearance.

• @MiM, don’t forget with this cradle hoist you’ll need to have a spare SS front wheel and tire. They take the place of trailer/dolly wheels so if one goes flat you can change it. Only draw back I see but if you were using other options you would still need a spare tire of some kind.