Need help from Georgia residents or any members with Enclosed Trailer purchase in the state

• I'm looking for any and all help that I can get sourcing of reputable trailer manufacturers in Georgia. I previously had a contract with a company to deliver an enclosed 8.5x24" enclosed trailer, and it fell through as they weren't close to meeting the date agreed upon.

I am looking for anyone that has purchased an enclosed trailer from Georgia, or anyone who lives in the state and has knowledge of a reputable manufacturer. I've been told that the Douglas area is heavily concentrated with approximately unnumbered manufacturers in a 60 mile stretch. Seeing that I will be visiting an old military friend in the state, I thought I'd purchase the trailer and pick up my sling on the way back home.

We have an open deck car hauler that is a awesome rig but I'd prefer to put the sling in an enclosed trailer (now I wish we hadn't chosen the smaller enclosed years ago, as this sling is wide!).

If you have any knowledge that you can contribute please don't hesitate to pipe in. I need all the help I can get. :thumbsup:

• I am nowhere near Georgia, however a quick Google search for "trailers in Georgia" will get you this.

If you click on the drop down arrow you will get more options with ratings.

If I were looking, I would check out A&A or WOW. They have a good number of reviews and some of the highest ratings. Good luck. ;)

• @Zorasmiles
    I got mines about 1.5 yrs ago from this place - (Diamond 8.5 x 18 ft. Heavy Duty 5200 lb Torsion)

USA Cargo Trailer | Enclosed Cargo Trailer Sales | USA Cargo Trailer Sales

1100 Thompson Dr.
    Douglas GA 31535

You may have already looked at this place. But I have been happy with my purchase and transaction.

hope this helps,

Lou

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I have a Diamond Trailer, I think they are made in Ga.

@WingShot thanks, they were on the last five list that I've narrowed it down to! Great to hear feedback as they are advertising on eBay and have been pretty good with questions answered over the phone.

@WOLF Thanks. I see I'm not the only one who searches this way. This is what led me back to eBay where I started looking at recent purchase feedback reviews to get a clearer picture of what I might be getting into. The downside is that one trailer builder actually received a 5 out of 5 on the BBB with one review... So, I figured I'd reach out to forum members to pick their brains.

So the trailers are less expensive in Georgia @Zorasmiles? Why not purchase here in Texas?

@MiM, my last 4 trailers have been purchased in Texas and trust me, you pay a premium for doing so. The scare tactics of "If you purchase from another market, you won't have the warranty so this is $2,000 is peace of mind."

Because everything is bigger in Texas

He's trying to avoid the mandatory gun rack.

Hmmm, not a bad idea @Flybuddy but would it count as a mod? LOL

A cheaper option since you have a flat trailer would be a heavy duty cover...Polaris has one...

@Bigdog, I tend to use my trailers quite a bit, so for me it's cheaper for protecting my investment. I was leaning towards the cover initially while I sorted through builders but some members reported minor rubbing of the paint (wind plus buckles/attachments). Also, the angle of my auto hauler is high, which would require manipulation of the trailer to make loading easier without scraping up the front end of the sling. Thanks, this may not be completely off the table for the first ride home..

I don't trailer a lot but use a 7 x 14 flat bed dual axel with a Polaris 'Trailering' cover when going to Florida during the winter. Trailering cover is a great option.

@lrobbi, they are actually #1 on this last list! The only reason I passed them up initially was because of the timeline I needed but now that it's blown *sigh*, I'll be contacting them again Monday.

I also used USA Cargo in the past. They have good products and met the exact delivery date that was quoted.

@Slingrazor, thanks! That's all that I'm requiring of a trailer manufacturer. As long as the trailer is built to specifications, quality parts and desire to set realistic deadlines that are good with the customer I'm a happy man!

Thank you to everyone and those that will follow up with advice and experience. A trailer for me is a 10 year investment. We don't have any problems with maintenance, things that pop up but it must be built right from the start. We've been blessed to never have a trailer fail us, and we've never been brand dependent. Except for an occasional tire blow out, bearings, new tires, etc., ownership has been good.

Our goal is to have a trailer that can protect the sling, carry equipment, and occasionally provide temporary storage. It will be used to haul our other vehicles and toys as well.

Thanks again.

• @MiM, I'm quite frugal myself. The trailer for me isn't a toy it's an investment. It's definitely an insurance item for protection. Keep that frugal mindset and it will serve you well. I chuckled out loud reading your "one gift" per kid post. If anything has ever happened to my trailers, we've been blessed to break even or receive more for our loss. FYI-it's always better to let the world guess at how well you're doing..and never tell. People ask why I don't buy this or that...I tell them it's because I'm frugal. They assume poor, and I'm okay with it. Never be defined by money from an old man's perspective. FYI 8.5 x 24' bare trailer here starts around $7600. The same trailer in Georgia is $4500. When you start with upgrades, the price differences become even greater.

I know Texas has a few Diamond dealers which would leave me with no issues in regards to warranty. I need to check out USA Cargo again but I know Monday some dealers may not be open.

• Not sure if you're interested in a used trailer or not but this one was listed yesterday. I don't know anything other than seeing the listing.

Thanks @ahm700! I see the inside doesn't have an e-track setup. Our last enclosed has spoiled me a bit with the e-track setups we had installed. Allowed us to use condor bike haulers with ease, strap down almost any and all loads that would fit and really worked for us. They can be installed afterwards but the pricing is almost as high as the welded e-tracks on a custom build from the factory. I learned this the last time but I still won't rule out e-tracks installed after the purchase for the right deal.

My last order was right around $5200 with e-tracks welded on the floor and wall. We have a couple of 24" locally on CL around the same price.

• Lark Trailer, 8.5 X 14 with pointed nose, two axle with brakes on both axles. Pulls good behind the fifth wheel, has room for two spares inside, ramp rear door good for 2 thousand pounds. My sling has air shocks so airing up clears everything going in and out. E track tie downs in both directions, forward for towing behind truck, backwards for behind fifth wheel. My fifth wheel can only have 400 pounds tongue weight hence the backwards loading. First tow was from Oklahoma to Idaho, Oregon will not allow doubles. Had to drop in Idaho and go back 400 miles to pick it up, will have to reverse when going home. $4300

LC

• @LargeCar that's a nice vacation, weekend travel setup you have there!! It's a shame that you had to drop and leave the trailer/load and double back 400 miles in doing so. My father-in-law was in OTR operator owner. He'd always remind me of the large fines and tickets if I chose to ignore his advice--for which I never did. The only other option was to reroute and miss perhaps great scenic views. We have two F250's and of course 6.0 diesel engines. 5th wheel on one and the other has an untouched bed. I like your E-track setup for the sling and Definitely another choice in length if I need to reconsider my options short term.

@WingShot one of my favorite trailer parts places and they have excellent customer service. They helped me with some wiring issues once and I appreciated it more than they could ever know. The CS person after stayed on the phone after hours to ensure my wiring was good to go and did a follow up call a week later to check on the outcome of my trip.

• Cool... Following along @Zorasmiles... I've wanted a trailer, but as I'm sure you're aware now, I'm quite frugal (cheap ass to others)... But... I'm 34 today and doing okay financially... :thumbup:

CHEAP ASS ??? I just can’t imagine why anyone would refer to you in such a manner!! :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it