What's your Slingshot worth?

• Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

I received a call from Nick Friday asking if I was still interested in a Sling. Reminded him that they wouldn't try to meet the price or come close and he said "oh". He proceeded to tell me that when I was ready to trade it in to let him know LOL

• FlatOut has 2 dealerships in the Indy area. They bought 12 if I am not mistaken at auction. They were all being auctioned by Polaris. They were demos or display types. A gentleman who I deal with that is a motorcycle wholesaler, says that the Slingshot's have a better retained value than most motorcycles. Besides, if you bought a Slingshot to make $, it was a poor decision.

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Info

• No matter the thousands upon thousands of dollars I have put into my Sling the satisfaction I have gotten out of it is WAY more

Signed
    #neversellmysling

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don't foresee ever trading it in unless I make the jump to a Xbow or Atom but there is quite a bit of lobbying to do before that is even remotely possible.......

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I said I would never sale mine, but as you all know. I had one of the biggest POS out there. My fabulous dealer, Owen Motorsports in Charleston Il, fully aware of my issues traded me for this 2018 SLR LE. They gave me a hell of a $$ for mine and let me keep my SC and wheels.

It does not have the @Painter touch yet, but it does have his approval!!

And yes. My daughter was first in it!! The lady in the pic is the owners wife who brokered my deal. These guys are awesome!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• We bought ours to ride and to enjoy! It is a 2016.5, all recalls, many upgrades, and drives so much better than it did when new! With 25,000 plus on the ticker, I have no codes, no faults, and we have had a ball with it, not to mention all the wonderful people and friends we have met! The hit has been taken, I'll dump more into it to make it what we want, and enjoy it! It's clean, no codes, and runs great! I'm a maintenance nut, so I'm proactive. What will it be worth at 70-90k miles? The difference can't be more of a loss than we've taken, and I'm not looking to sell. I'd be looking at a few of those if I were looking, but I'm not. That dealer does not impress me overall, but some of those prices are good enough to give thought if someone is interested!

• Well one things for sure, none of us bought our Slingshot to make money. We all knew what the depreciation would be since many of us came from the motorcycle world and were very familiar with thinking something was worth way more than it actually was. Put we were all taken by this mysterious new machine. What we didn't realize at first, was just how much more money we could throw at it to keep us happy. The only thing that makes me mad is the new things the mother ship throws at it that are not backwards compatible (Slingtop, Ride Command). I personally would like some of those things but I'm not going to spend the cash either way to get them. I like my 16.5 and what I have done to it so far. The real purpose of the original post was to enlighten some of those trying to sell. We all think they are worth more than they are unless you are lucky enough to find that one person who agrees with you and has the cash to make his dream come true. Even if we wanted to sell, the banks are not our friend. They look at the book!

• I said I would never sale mine, but as you all know. I had one of the biggest POS out there. My fabulous dealer, Owen Motorsports in Charleston Il, fully aware of my issues traded me for this 2018 SLR LE. They gave me a hell of a $$ for mine and let me keep my SC and wheels.

It does not have the @Painter touch yet, but it does have his approval!!

And yes. My daughter was first in it!! The lady in the pic is the owners wife who brokered my deal. These guys are awesome!!

Congrats Jim on the new, more reliable ride!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Mines may not be worth poop to the dealership... but to me it's worth so much more. Time with my wife is priceless... that's my best friend hands down and money / trade value means shit to me. Hell she was the one who said, I am transferring money into your account now ... go back to the dealership and buy it! That was my gift from her in 2015... I have a that years model and can't place a price tag on it! Now I have added a few mods... 2 or 3 :00008172: , and those "could" be valued at 20k by MY evaluation. And the end of the day it makes both of us HAPPY -

trade value = can kiss my azzz Hell I will give away my Supercharged Range Rover sport first before my SHOT! Hands off my SHOT :00007991:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.