Recall on swingarm recall?

• @Neosolidus, I plan on calling the 1-800 (or 888, whatever) and discussing this. I mean if they are concerned about the plugs being in there, what's the concern? What purpose do the plugs provide? Then I'll have them think about me riding and being without plugs for the past multiple months as well and the potential damage already done. Logic will have to lead somewhere, right? ;(

• @Neosolidus sounds like you have a legitimate complaint...

You should file it.

In the letter from Polaris it states the reason for recall, which is exactly your concern.

and paraphrased... near the bottom of the letter.

If you believe Polaris has failed to remedy this defect, you may submit a complaint with the NHTSA.

You could also file a support ticket.

...and as far as I am concerned, an authorized dealer for Polaris, sales and service, is Polaris, regardless of where your Slingshot was purchased. And that, I think is one of the problems Polaris Industries has failed to recognize.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• My issue is getting a Polaris email and a Safety Recall memo in the mail and they tell us to contact our dealership to schedule an appt and guess what, our dealership does not have the grommets in hand. Something is wrong with this picture. My dealership (Interstate Cycle, Mooresville NC) gave me the indication that they did not know when the grommets would be in. Fortunately for me, I have the holes covered with Duck tape and already a M6 screw on top. I told those jerks just to give me a call when they come in.

• Called my dealer and told them the gromets were there. They are required to put hands on them to do the paper work. The tech knew they were there before he checked "what kind of idiot would change out a part and not transfer everything over". Having a good mechanic is more than half the battle.

• Got that same letter today, funny thing is I had my sling at the stealer first thing to get my rubbers installed. Took about 30 minutes.... not sure what they did I went to go look at the Indian cycles next door

• Oh boy got my letter today. Of course dealer has no idea when plugs will be in. Now what really pisses me off is I'm underneath her (that was for

tripod) changing all the fluids looking everything over and i find that the paint of the frame blistering all over the dam thing is rusting under the paint.

PAX SUPERIORE VI TELARUM

• Very easy to check to see if recall grommets are Installed or not, first disconnect negative cable from battery, Jack up rear, remove belt dust cover, remove top shock mount from behind passenger seat, remove lug nuts from rear wheel, remove wheel, remove belt guard, remove belt, lower swingarm, remove swingarm axle, remove swingarm, look on side of swingarm for 2 large grommets if they are there reassemble everything and your good to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Very easy to check to see if recall grommets are Installed or not, first disconnect negative cable from battery, Jack up rear, remove belt dust cover, remove top shock mount from behind passenger seat, remove lug nuts from rear wheel, remove wheel, remove belt guard, remove belt, lower swingarm, remove swingarm axle, remove swingarm, look on side of swingarm for 2 large grommets if they are there reassemble everything and your good to go.

Well damn, I checked for the grommets the wrong way. I guess that will be my next weekend job. :/

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

Is that right? ?(

• I was able to reach in and touch the grommets without lifting or removing anything. Mine were in place after the recall so it seems Cycle Springs transferred the old ones. The first pic is reaching in from the right side, while the other two are from the left side with my finger pointing to each grommet location. The pipe is the y pipe on the Welter dual.

Oops - I think I missed the humor in the last couple of posts. Thus my post and pics were kind of unnecessary!!!

You forgot to remove the muffler bearing!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Now that's funny shit right there. So much unnecessary work. I simply shipped my Slingshot to Polaris and they shipped it back to me certified to have grommets installed. Bam! Never turned a wrench.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Now that's funny shit right there. So much unnecessary work. I simply shipped my Slingshot to Polaris and they shipped it back to me certified to have grommets installed.

Yup, I was(not really)there when they did the certification .... even took a picture during the process for your records .....

......... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• My Slingshot is headed in next Tuesday for the swingarm recall.

I have had zero issues with my swingarm. No noise from the drive belt. No leaks. No bearing issues.

I feel like I am opening Pandora's box - honestly a little uncomfortable and hoping this doesn't introduce new issues to deal with.