Recall on swingarm recall?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • What should i be looking for to see if i need fixed my recalled swingarm?

----

June 1, 2017
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 17V357000

Missing Sealing Grommets in Replacement Swingarms

Contamination of the rear speed sensor will disable the ABS and Traction/Stability Control, increasing the risk of a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V357000

Manufacturer Polaris Industries, Inc.

Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC, TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM

Potential Number of Units Affected 8,962

Summary

Polaris Industries, Inc. (Polaris) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Slingshot vehicles. The affected vehicles previously had their rear swingarms replaced during the remedy of NHTSA recall number 16V-255. The replacement swingarms may have been installed without the sealing grommets installed, potentially resulting in road debris contaminating the rear wheel speed sensor.

Remedy

Polaris will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the swingarms for missing grommets, installing them as necessary, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Polaris customer service at 1-888-704-5290. Polaris' number for this recall is T-17-04.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• So... Could lack of this grommet, ultimately affect angle drive? Thus requiring an angle drive replacement at Polaris' cost? :whistling::P

Grasping at straws... I don't care! :00008172:

• So... Could lack of this grommet, ultimately affect angle drive? Thus requiring an angle drive replacement at Polaris' cost? :whistling::P

Grasping at straws... I don't care! :00008172:

Well..... I'm thinking that the grommet could cause excessive vibration harming the pulley, angle drive, drive shaft, cup holders, console, seats, dash, windshield, body panels, nose piece, stickers, overall frame, steering assemblies, driver vision, passenger clothing, PTSD onlookers......... Feel better MiM??? ;(

• It's not a joke...but all I can do is laugh about it...wonder if this could be the cause of some of the random leaks I've seen....

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear