2017 Slingshot S won't crank

• I've seen a couple old threads here and forum suggested to create another vs replying to a yr old one.. Anyway.. Machine has been sitting for a while and battery was dead. tried to revive it, but was unsuccessful. Replaced the battery and when I turn the key on, dash lights up, button lights up, but no crank. I saw in another post about hearing the fuel pump run for a couple seconds when you turn the key on.. I don't hear mine. No noises at all. I didn't have a test light, will pick one up tomorrow to check the fuses, but wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas.. I had it running a few weeks ago by jumping it, but even now trying to jump it, I get nothing... No fuel pump, no clicks, no nothing..

• I've seen a couple old threads here and forum suggested to create another vs replying to a yr old one.. Anyway.. Machine has been sitting for a while and battery was dead. tried to revive it, but was unsuccessful. Replaced the battery and when I turn the key on, dash lights up, button lights up, but no crank. I saw in another post about hearing the fuel pump run for a couple seconds when you turn the key on.. I don't hear mine. No noises at all. I didn't have a test light, will pick one up tomorrow to check the fuses, but wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas.. I had it running a few weeks ago by jumping it, but even now trying to jump it, I get nothing... No fuel pump, no clicks, no nothing..

Did you check the main fuse at the battery location??

The Battery MUST have full strength if it's going to turn over and start.

• Battery is new. I looked at the fuse when I installed the battery. Looks ok. Again lights and everything work, dash lights come on, button turnes red. But absolutely nothing happens when you press it.

• Battery is new. I looked at the fuse when I installed the battery. Looks ok. Again lights and everything work, dash lights come on, button turnes red. But absolutely nothing happens when you press it.

Last fall I had a similar problem... A mouse had chewed just ONE wire ---- from power to the start button. Took the Tech at my dealer over 4 hours to find. Would have been easier to find if they chewed up several. Good luck.

• If your fuse pump fuse is bad, put another one if. If that one blows do an amperage test. It should read between 5 and 7 (if I remember correctly).

If it's the fuel pump, I'm so sorry. It will be a very EXPENSIVE repair.

• You have to be putting a load on the battery when you check it. A good voltage with out a load on the battery does mean it is a good battery. I have gotten bad batteries before. They also need charged when you get a new one. Stores seldom charge the batteries they have.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I checked all the fuses last night. All are good. I also checked voltages and got 13+. When I turn the key on the lights come on, the gages do their self test, but no fuel pump noise nor clicks when you push the button. I am at a loss. I will try reseating all the ECU connectors but I can't see how that would help as I had it started last week. I was charging the battery when it went totally dead and would no longer charge. I put the charger on boost to start the car and that's when everything went south. I was using the alternator method to start it... Could I have fried the ECU or is there another fuseable link somewhere that may have blown. I don't think the alternator cap did as it's got power to the alternator.

• lowbud all the ECM's are the same up until the Polaris engine. There may be a little difference in the programing each year but they are inter changeable. If you know someone close by with a 2015 to 2019 see if they will let you swap the ECM to see if that is the problem. It will also show the codes if it cranks up. Not the old codes but any new ones that might come up. I just sold my back-up so I cannot help you on that.

• I’m at a loss. I think I may have fried the ECM. Called my dealer and they aren’t able to pick up the non running machine. Ugh!

They can't or DON'T want to. If it is not running you need to push or use a wench to pull it onto a trailer. Is the Slingshot still under warrantee? I had to load mine on my trailer last fall --- no start --- we gently used a come-a-long and had no problem. 7 x 14 open trailer.

• lowbud all the ECM's are the same up until the Polaris engine. There may be a little difference in the programing each year but they are inter changeable. If you know someone close by with a 2015 to 2019 see if they will let you swap the ECM to see if that is the problem. It will also show the codes if it cranks up. Not the old codes but any new ones that might come up. I just sold my back-up so I cannot help you on that.

Can he pull the ECM and take it to the dealer to be checked...

They can't or DON'T want to. If it is not running you need to push or use a wench to pull it onto a trailer. Is the Slingshot still under warrantee? I had to load mine on my trailer last fall --- no start --- we gently used a come-a-long and had no problem. 7 x 14 open trailer.

I’ll have to see if I can find someone.