Rear Oil Change

• I have been wanting to change my rear drive oil change....I cant get my oil upper fitting of....I have rear exhust...is it stuck? Do I need to heat it up with a torch? PLEASE HELP!!!

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• [quote='Luigi','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/11339-rear-oil-change/&postID=400690#post400690']

I have been wanting to change my rear drive oil change....I cant get my oil upper fitting of....I have rear exhust...is it stuck? Do I need to heat it up with a torch? PLEASE HELP!!!

[/quote]

I eventually had to get an 8mm hex socket on a decent breaker bar. No heat required. Make sure you can get top one out before the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Luigi I have that job coming up this spring too. I've heard they can be a bitch to get out, and to make sure you get the fill plug out before the drain plug. My plan is to hit them with some penetrant a couple of times a day or two before I try. I use Seafoam Deep Creep and Kroil together and it almost always works (eventually).

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Once you get them the first time, they are okay after that. I think the factory just over-torques them with whatever power tools they have. Most 8mm allen wrenches just aren't long enough to get good torque to get them out. After that, it's easy.

Oh, and replace that gear oil at 1500 miles, 5k miles, and 10k miles. After that you're good for 100k. I just replaced mine (new angle drive a couple months ago) and the amount of metal chips and flakes WAS RIDICULOUS! Looked like someone dropped metal shavings from a drill into the oil.