Rest In Peace

• does this just pertain to motorcycles....because they canā€™t straighten a frame? If it was a car, if it was way cheaper to straighten the frame thatā€™s what they would do...or did the insurance industry change how they do business?

• SoCal, sorry for the crash...glad youā€™re OK. Can you buy the sling from the insurance company and use it for spare parts or part it out and keep some of your upgrades? Just asking...Iā€™m sure the insurance company wants to get rid of it...and since itā€™s totaled it should be cheap...

• SoCal, sorry for the crash...glad youā€™re OK. Can you buy the sling from the insurance company and use it for spare parts or part it out and keep some of your upgrades? Just asking...Iā€™m sure the insurance company wants to get rid of it...and since itā€™s totaled it should be cheap...

they let you make the decision. You can take the salvage price which is discounted because you are buying it from them. Or you can take a total loss which is what I did. I also asked the insurance company where they would be taking it so I could go to the salvage yard and get some of my parts back. The good news is the gentleman, and I use that word strongly, that I just bought my sling from basically took the sling Modā€™s catalog and emptied it right over the top of this one. I am astounded and grateful for this purchase as it is 85% what I would have done anyway. And a whole lot more.

Weā€™ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. šŸ˜Ž

• does this just pertain to motorcycles....because they canā€™t straighten a frame? If it was a car, if it was way cheaper to straighten the frame thatā€™s what they would do...or did the insurance industry change how they do business?

all I know is that when the word ā€œframeā€ was included in the report they walked away they didnā€™t want anything to do with it. And as I mentioned in hindsight as difficult as it was I feel like I made the right decision.

• I was gonna say... šŸ˜†

That's okay SoCal ... Definitely a local buyer, pickup kind of thing. Good luck and get to moving! Waiting for pictures of that black beauty.

Ahhh that would be navy blue! I actually thought it was going to have to grow on me but it didnā€™t take long. Somethings are very obvious what Iā€™m going to do others Iā€™m gonna have to set up a chair look at it for a while and figure it out.
    I tend to be long-winded on these things and when I asked my wife about it she just sent to me do whatever you want to do. Gosh I love this girl!

• all I know is that when the word ā€œframeā€ was included in the report they walked away they didnā€™t want anything to do with it. And as I mentioned in hindsight as difficult as it was I feel like I made the right decision.

Appreciate you sharing this with us all and so glad you got up and going again so fast! Because of what I read it made the decision to keep all the OEM parts as I upgrade mine an easy one. Figure if I was ever in your situation I could at least put these on and take my upgrades back if not damaged. Can't wait to see your upcoming Death Valley pics!

• SoCal I'm glad you found a replacement and I know you will miss your old one, but new toys are just so much fun, especially putting mods on them.

in regards to the top, I know shipping is out, but if we can ferry it over from member to member maybe?

I don't have any trips scheduled to Cali right now, but I am in NM. If someone else is going to be in the area and we can pass it off, I can meet and pick it up from someone.

Community effort and all. :)

• SoCal I'm glad you found a replacement and I know you will miss your old one, but new toys are just so much fun, especially putting mods on them.

in regards to the top, I know shipping is out, but if we can ferry it over from member to member maybe?

I don't have any trips scheduled to Cali right now, but I am in NM. If someone else is going to be in the area and we can pass it off, I can meet and pick it up from someone.

iā€™m at work right now in my shop but letā€™s touch base on this later and hopefully we can figure this out. Iā€™m going to put the two tops on it and take pictures before I remove it. I will send those along and you let me know what you think:thumbsup:

Iā€™m in NM & have an enclosed trailer you can borrow. The top would fit in it no problem. Time for a road trip...? :/

(Brand new tires on trailer, including spare, in 2019)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

You know, that just might be doable. You're in New Mexico, I'm in southern AZ and EnjoyLifeToday is in Phoenix. All we need is a connection between SoCal and Phoenix (maybe Edward Neal) and a connection from New Mexico to San Antonio. Just sayin' šŸ¤”

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• You know, that just might be doable. You're in New Mexico, I'm in southern AZ and EnjoyLifeToday is in Phoenix. All we need is a connection between SoCal and Phoenix (maybe Edward Neal) and a connection from New Mexico to San Antonio. Just sayin' šŸ¤”

unfortunately I dont think I have a vehicle that would be able to carry something that large - - remember my slingshot is my daily driver =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies