Corona Virus

NY just announced the mortality rate dropped for the first day ....

Florida's case load was updated 90 minutes ago and after two basically flat days, yesterday we had a drop in new cases even though testing in the state has increased significantly ...

Hopefully the trend continues .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• 500 deaths a day in NY due to Covid means it's killing more people ever day right now than all other causes of death in NY combined. From the chart below, all other combined are about 322 per day.

• The numbers just get all crazy. Most of the deaths being pinned on Covid 19 have major underling health issues. Any and all deaths are sad and hearth breaking for the families involved. We lost my wife's oldest son last 3 July (58 years old) and it doesn't much for her to break into tears. A picture of his business popped up on 'Facebook' last night and tears were flowing. All we can do is be supportive of each other and pray that things get better quickly. Help when and where you can and stay safe.

• And what caliber would that umbrella be chambered in, Ej? ...lol 😉

For a heavy rain, mine is 9mm wide and just a little over an inch long, including lead and brass.

For light showers I use a one with a long handle, and two with short handles that are just .03 under an inch wide. For foggy weather, when you can't really see all that well, I have a long one that is a little over 4 tenths of an inch wide and about 3 inches long.

• What’s up Bitches?!

Hey Tripod!!!!! :00008674:

Great to see your still kicking - - - I have missed you!

Hope all is well with you and also hope you stick around

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• What is the number were it becomes non-trivial?

Non trivial personally and statistically are two very different questions.

Statistically, there are a great many causes besides the virus that have a 0.0024% daily rate. The average mortality in the USA overall is about 0.0074% - that's about 1560 people per day in the New York metro area.

Are the viral deaths trivial, no certainly not. They are adding about 30% onto the daily toll... that gets no news coverage at all. The regular flu causes similar spikes in death rates most years.

Just trying to offer some perspective in the face of sensationalism. Kinda like trying to push back the tide by peeing in the ocean, I guess.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Tripod - Larry my brother!! How the hell ya been?? Last time we visited I rode thru rain, snow, hail to get to the bar on top of the mountain in Cloudcroft, NM to meet ya. Best fine Kentucky bourbon I ever had that day !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Perspective is key - sensationalism fuels. Looking forward to hindsight and understanding.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Cruise ship full of sick people landed in Miami...there goes the neighborhood...

doctors and nurses are updating their living wills....not a good sign...

get ready for the big clamp down...Announcement...

• Cruise ship full of sick people landed in Miami...there goes the neighborhood...

Do you realize how many times you have told us a "big clamp down" of some kind was going to happen any moment? - - heck wasn't it more than a week ago you were warning us Trump was going to shut down absolutely everything ? marshal law?

You are like chicken little or the boy who cried wolf

But then again if you keep guessing at all of the possibilities you are bound to guess right eventually

• Do you realize how many times you have told us a "big clamp down" of some kind was going to happen any moment? - - heck wasn't it more than a week ago you were warning us Trump was going to shut down absolutely everything ? marshal law?

You are like chicken little or the boy who cried wolf

But then again if you keep guessing at all of the possibilities you are bound to guess right eventually

you obviously aren’t paying attention....health experts are highly recommending a total shut down to stop this...

since the US tops the world right now for not being able to flatten the curve....it’s long overdue.

Have faith...the storm is coming...sooner than later...remember where you heard it first...

Actually it's 2 .. with another waiting for those to clear the docks ... you really must keep up ......

Better lock yourself in the basement and turn off the power ..... you know the Virus can hear your thoughts through the wires ... that's how it finds you .... do it now...

Oh... and Bigdog I am so disappointed with you .... look at the map I posted .. what happened in the middle of the worst effected area of FL just a short time ago .... talk about a conspiracy theory staring you right in the face ... geeesh

..... wacky-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• you obviously aren’t paying attention....health experts are highly recommending a total shut down to stop this...

since the US tops the world right now for not being able to flatten the curve....it’s long overdue.

Have faith...the storm is coming...sooner than later...remember where you heard it first...

paying attention to you - and you told us this would happen a long time ago - - - and guess what, it hasn't

and please link me to where a "health expert" has called for a total shutdown - - show me what I missed - - -