2020 Slingshot

• Bigdog, I agree to some extent that the ride should let you feel the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth. Then why would you put a windshield on a motorcycle. Answer; more comfortable ride. Then why not add some Luxury items like I was explaining. A motorcycle has a lot of controls on the handlebar for easy access. I look at steering wheel controls mainly as a safety feature along with the luxury. The more controls you can access without taking your eyes off the road the safer you will be. My $.02

can you think of another thing that offers the average person a more different experience and freedom than a motorcycle ride?

You wear leathers on the hottest days of the year....why? To protect yourself. A windshield can offer protection from cold wind or rain.....to protect yourself.

Adding a radio or lights or other comfort items is to help you extend the length of time you can spend enjoying the ride. I have a roof on mine to help me ride longer because I hate being in the sun.

I added extra lights to make me more visible to other idiots....to help me enjoy my ride.

Heated riding gear helps me enjoy the ride....

can you see the common denominator?

It’s all about the ride. And we add whatever it takes to get as much enjoyment it gives to you or you take from it....

I like my pickup truck but it’s not a motorcycle. I’ve had lots of motorcycles over the years...lots and lots of fun for me...I’m doing the exact same thing I did way back when. Just riding as much as I can going nowhere....just burning gas. Me and my horse.

when the weather is nice here....if I can’t ride at least a little bit everyday I don’t feel happy...

• I think we all ride mainly to burn Gas. Don't you just love to smell gas burning. We ride just to ride with no destination. I for one if I see a road I don't recognize I turn down just to see where it goes because I love the smell of gas burning. And I enjoy the outdoors and love to ride. Does all this make sense????

• [quote='Ga Batcycle','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8943-2020-slingshot/&postID=299175#post299175']

Amen, jamesgn , I totally agree with you, well except I am trading my 2018 SLR for the New 2020 R and it is a Monster without Any Boosting!!!

Just waiting Overly Anciously for its Arrival!!!!

[/quote]

I always wondered what a Monster rides like. 🤓

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I'm OLD but still kicking.....

I used to be a dodge guy...in 1983 I thought I would give Ford a try....I bought a brand new ford pickup.....that was the year they had brake problems with the front axles on the 4x4s.....they couldn’t figure out the fix.....their solution was to completely swap front axles.....they didn’t have enough to supply all the dealers....they were taking front axles off the new 1984s.....they had a big pile of axles laying in the corner of the garage...

That was my first and last ford vehicle....ever.....I’m now a Chevy guy....especially since dodges resale values dropped like a rock...

• Ok guys was able to snap some pictures in the showroomof a Automatic Miami Blue R model they had at my dealer. I did not drive it because I told the guy to call me when the manual one comes since im not really interested in the Automatic version plus I was kind of in a rush.

• You should have drive the auto, they won’t neuter you. I can scratch my nuts and drive at same time while shifting an auto. Plus they are faster.

• You should have drive the auto, they won’t neuter you. I can scratch my nuts and drive at same time while shifting an auto. Plus they are faster.

Are you really sure about that? We are talking 2o2o Factory Slingshots not aftermarket?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• [quote='Ghost','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8943-2020-slingshot/&postID=299683#post299683']

You should have drive the auto, they won’t neuter you. I can scratch my nuts and drive at same time while shifting an auto. Plus they are faster.

Are you really sure about that? We are talking 2o2o Factory Slingshots not aftermarket?

[/quote]

I would think the oem auto would out shift any oem standard. I guess it depends on the gearing as well. I bought a new GoldWing DCT and in sport mode it can shift faster than manual. We will soon find out. Wanting to see how the motor holds up too.

• I would think the oem auto would out shift any oem standard. I guess it depends on the gearing as well. I bought a new GoldWing DCT and in sport mode it can shift faster than manual. We will soon find out. Wanting to see how the motor holds up too.

wokka is correct. I have spoke with those who have driven them. I have driven a BMW with the same set up. It is a standard transmission with an automated clutch and shifting mechanism. When I drove the BMW it was just like being in a straight shift with you working the clutch and your buddy sitting on the other side shifting left handed. You gas it and hold the accelerator steady and when it comes time for a shift it will decelerate on it's own make the shift and then accelerate again until the next gear. All that being said I'm sure it won't be long before the DDM's and ZZP's of the aftermarket world will probably have a shifting profile and or mechanism that will slam the gears like a pro stock but right now I don't see that coming from polaris. We can always hope!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I would think the oem auto would out shift any oem standard. I guess it depends on the gearing as well. I bought a new GoldWing DCT and in sport mode it can shift faster than manual. We will soon find out. Wanting to see how the motor holds up too.

i think you are mistaken this shitty auto tgey out on the new sling vs a proper DCT. Worlds apart all you gotta do is look at the reviews. The auto on it blows.

• i think you are mistaken this shitty auto tgey out on the new sling vs a proper DCT. Worlds apart all you gotta do is look at the reviews. The auto on it blows.

Polaris was evidently still dealing with concerns about adding too much weight to the Slingshot. The automated manual setup Polaris chose adds less than 20 lbs compared to around 60+ lbs if they used a normal automatic or dual-clutch trans. Reworking the shift points should make a big difference, especially when combined with some type of boost on the base motor to boost output closer to the R motor.