2020 Slingshot

• Test drove a 2020 SLR Automatic Today. Love the new cockpit layout. Controls on steering wheel info center is on a different angle and easier to read in sunlight. Not to crazy about the automatic Though. I had rather shift gears. I didn't go very far but the ride was nice and the seats are very comfortable. I don't know what they have done or maybe its just me but it seemed easier to get into and to exit. All in all I think Polaris has done their homework very well and have listened to the input from their owners. My $.02 the rest of will have to decide if you like it or not. Me, I think it's Great.

• My 2019 Grand touring was $31,000 I did not ask the price of the 2020 SLR because I did not go there t buy one. Just a test drive to see if it drove a rode like my GT. In MHO the ride is about the same as my GT. I think the seats were a little more comfortable. Just my opinion. But if I had the money I would buy it just for the Cockpit Layout. I really like the way it's designed.

• Everything can be swapped out, and as time goes on, I think we'll see mods to allow us to do that.

I've always been a huge fan of steering wheel controls in my vehicles and it's one thing that I feel is a need for the older slingshots. I've tried to bribe people to design us a steering wheel kit to give us a better setup, but no luck.

Dave@DDMWorks how about it, a kit to fit the NRG steering wheels to relocate cruise buttons as well as a iDatalink Maestro connection setup.

• None of these changes warrant a trade in tbh. For new owners this is a no brainer to jump into a 2020. A possible trade in right now means losing $ for current owners though. All for new front lights, some interior tweaks and higher rpms? No thanks.

• If money were no object, I'd love to build a C4 Corvette-based Factory Five GTM! I think I could handle the build with my Daughter's assistance.

Before I blew all my spare funds on the Slingshot, I was considering trying a Miata-based Factory Five 818 build since it's a little more affordable.

https://www.factoryfive.com/818/

Yea, I looked at that one also and there is nothing that I do not like about it. I'm just too old and stove up now for doing that. But with money I could always pay someone to build it after I finished my new 55 Chev.

• Yea, I looked at that one also and there is nothing that I do not like about it. I'm just too old and stove up now for doing that. But with money I could always pay someone to build it after I finished my new 55 Chev.

I would hope that Factory Five might start offering limited in-house production under the recently finalized United States Low Volume Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Act of 2015 that allows liberalized rules for car manufacturers selling limited yearly production of replica vehicles. Of course, this assumes the FF GTM qualifies as a replica based on its presumed Ford GT inspiration.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• And if I had the money I'd buy a Ford GT. Mechum had one that I really loved but it was four million dollars.

I wouldn't drive another Ford if you gave it to me. I used to drive nothing but Fords but I have never owned one that did not leave me stranded at one time or another. My last ford was a 1985 4x4 F150 it left me stranded in the middle of nowhere. I made a promise to my self that if I ever got it back home I would never own another. Reason ; Plastic Hydraulic clutch cylinder and hose.

• I have a friend that just bought a new Chev. truck which has a transmission problem or something. He has been trying to get fixed for around 2 months since he bought it, "NOT" I found out yesterday that the dealer has 3 more with the same problem. It is a bad vibration when driving down the road.

• What is all this crap about a truck or a car have to do with a 2020 Slingshot. We have driven both in Daytona and while I don't want an Auto it drove really well. The 2020 R standard was really a fun ride that sucker just keeps going, got rubber in 3 rd, and 4th. We will keep our 17 SS and love it. The 2020 we ordered in Vegas at the reveal is due in any day now and we can't wait to mod the hell out of it.

If you like your current SS keep it. No one is forcing you to trade it in. But if you like the 2020 and can afford it, more power to you. Like Elvis said " Life is too short to drive boring cars".

Jamesgn

• Amen, jamesgn , I totally agree with you, well except I am trading my 2018 SLR for the New 2020 R and it is a Monster without Any Boosting!!!

Just waiting Overly Anciously for its Arrival!!!!

Thanks, I know what you feel like. I traded my 4 month old 2019 SLR Icon in to get the 2020 R. Yea I know !

We got a good price for it and I will save on taxes on the new one. So now we too sit and wait. It is obvious that priority shipping means nothing to Polaris.

Jamesgn

• a car just isn’t the same as an open cockpit slingshot......the idea was to make the experience like being on a two wheel motorcycle. Wind in your Hair and bugs in your teeth.

As much as I hate agreeing with BD this is a true statement, I also own a 911 and my DD is a M3 and the joy i get out of the slingshot is far more than either one of those, sure they are faster and way more refined but nothings makes me smile/grin as much as driving one of my slings or my ducati.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• a car just isn’t the same as an open cockpit slingshot......the idea was to make the experience like being on a two wheel motorcycle. Wind in your Hair and bugs in your teeth.

Bigdog, I agree to some extent that the ride should let you feel the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth. Then why would you put a windshield on a motorcycle. Answer; more comfortable ride. Then why not add some Luxury items like I was explaining. A motorcycle has a lot of controls on the handlebar for easy access. I look at steering wheel controls mainly as a safety feature along with the luxury. The more controls you can access without taking your eyes off the road the safer you will be. My $.02

• I wouldn't drive another Ford if you gave it to me. I used to drive nothing but Fords but I have never owned one that did not leave me stranded at one time or another. My last ford was a 1985 4x4 F150 it left me stranded in the middle of nowhere. I made a promise to my self that if I ever got it back home I would never own another. Reason ; Plastic Hydraulic clutch cylinder and hose.

Ditto. When my wife and I were married we bought a brand new Ford. Shortly after the engine block cracked. Ford treated us horribly. I took the vow at that time as well.
    Found On Road Dead (FORD)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎