What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Got a super deal from Slingshot Only today On the canvas roof system (B stock).Great bunch of guys, I showed up unexpectedly and they stoped their lunch to help me out. Was going to take it to my paint guy and have It shot pearl black along with some other parts I’ve been wanting to do, but itchy fingers put it on. And I’m kind of feeling the color splash, might need to expand on it?

Talk to wokka - He can help you make it ALL green :00008698:!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I've never liked the cheap plastic cup holders so I upgraded to billit aluminium. They look so much better.

Those are drink cup holders!! wow I always thought they were U-joint lubrication access ports 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I regard Polaris' decision to require the entire engine/transmission assembly to be removed so the clutch could be replaced reflects an extremely poor attitude towards their consumers. After all, why should Polaris care if they markedly increase consumer repair costs when they can save a few Dollars using a welded support?

I was going to make a custom removable transmission bracket. But I kind of wanted to inspect all connections and hardware. Perhaps I'm being too positive about something highly inconvenient...

But during engine removal I found:

- Loose header exhaust bolts

- Turbo contacting chassis

- Turbo Steel Braided Outlet Oil Line wearing hole in Aluminum Coolant Tube

- Turbo Inlet Oil Line bent closed

and gave me a chance to tidy up some minor issues.

I feel it may be in my best interest to remove the motor every time I need a new clutch for inspection purposes, and maybe sooner. :/

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• I suspect with your setup engine access and removal is a tad easier than it would be on my slingshot

• I started installing the ZZP Angle Drive Bracket. Took me around 5 hours. I'd work a bit then go inside to cool off and a nap before going out for the next step and repeat. I took a video of the top and bottom gaps on the brace around the angle drive where it meets the U-joint and the gaps look close. Tomorrow, I'll use a feeler gauge to check both gaps.

I also hope to change the angle drive lube with fresh Red Line Heavy Shockproof Gear Oil. IIRC, I switched the angle drive to Red Line around 22,000 miles (or around 36,000 miles ago. I replaced the transmission fluid with Red Line MT-90 GL-4 Synthetic Gear Oil either earlier this week or last week (can't remember which:/).

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• funny enough one of my good friend’s father and mother donate their time at Christmas as Santa and Mrs. clause. That’s who started the whole conversation was my friends sister. Then it snowballed into a whole bunch of decorating it....... needless to say it’s getting painted!

• funny enough one of my good friend’s father and mother donate their time at Christmas as Santa and Mrs. clause. That’s who started the whole conversation was my friends sister. Then it snowballed into a whole bunch of decorating it....... needless to say it’s getting painted!

In La Porte, IN we have a parade to bring Santa in to town Saturday after Thanksgiving. We will have several Slingshot passing out bags of candy and a hot wheels cars. We buy a lot of candy on 1 Nov. got ghosts and goblins on the wrapper but the kids don't care. passed out about 1000 qt freezer bags full this last year.

• Not a goodie or a mod, but working on the sling and goofed up one of my rear axle shafts. I did this with no power tools, only a 24" cheater bar and my little ole muscles. Now, granted, once it bound up, I couldn't move it, and took it to a shop with a big impact wrench, so it did the worst of the damage, but somehow I started the damage. I really thought axles should be tougher than this, and the nut would take the damage first, or it could have just been a defect.

I've been dealing with some vibration in the sling and when looking, noticed the rear right wheel had just a bit of play and it seems to be in the bearing, so was taking out said bearing assembly when I did this. So, leaving for a salvage yard 3 hours away that says that they have a vette in stock that is the right year (88 - 96). If I had more time, could get it shipped, but leaving for the Rockies on Thursday.

New bearing assembly will be here later today.

Even though it's broke, it's fixable and this is still a fun assed hobby. I'm like a kid at Christmas anytime I'm playing with the sling, be it in the garage or on the road.

• Seems strange you are already having an issue with bearings and hopefully just a bad part and not an issue with build and others with 4-wheel conversion will experience.

• on the bright side at least with your quad conversion the parts are something you can find at a salvage yard - - - God only knows how long you might be waiting if it were a polaris part.

its actually one of the things I like about having a Slingshot with a very common Chevy motor and not some polaris exclusive motor like the new ones have

• Absolute worst case scenario = Put it back on and weld it. the nut and the axle are junk anyway. Replace them both when you get back from your trip.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868