How many years have you been riding?

• I bought my first bike, a Kawasaki GPz750, at age 26, after I was engorged engaged and before I was married. Figured that was my chance. A buddy just talked me out of that bike this year.

35 years.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I bought my first bike at 14. I worked a summer at a chicken/egg house, sweeping up dead chickens every morning to buy a used Honda CB350 ...I think it was a '74 ?? Was hooked on bikes even before this. I had stacks of Easyriders and Iron Horse in my room. David Mann pictures covered my walls.

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• I bought my first bike at 14. I worked a summer at a chicken/egg house, sweeping up dead chickens every morning to buy a used Honda CB350 ...I think it was a '74 ?? Was hooked on bikes even before this. I had stacks of Easyriders and Iron Horse in my room. David Mann pictures covered my walls.

My first street bike when I turned 16 was a 1969 Triumph Trident. Apes, sissy bar that would part clouds, custom paint. My dad bought it because he knew motorcycles were in my spirit and he wanted to find a way to spend more time with me. He bought a new 1975 Triumph Trident the next year, and handed the 1969 down to me. It had issues, and as much as I'd love to have it today (I know how to fix those issues today), after a few months we sold it and bought a 1974 Honda 350 four cylinder. I loved that bike, it was the very definition of freedom to me!

• I had a Moped in 1966.. yes it had pedals... then a 175 Bridgestone, 350 Bridgestone with the high pipes... I think they referred to it as a street/scrambler.. in the 1970's I had a 750 Honda, Harley Sportster... In the 80's had a Goldwing, had to take a break because of wife passing and not wanting to possibly leave my kids without a parent (never got rid of the bike, just didn't ride much). Late 1990's another Goldwing,,,2000's Several of the 1800 Goldwings... 2001, 2004, 2006, the 06 had the first driver airbag that Honda made... ( the 1800 Wings were a kick ass machine.. did several 3 Flags on those... Tijuana to Edmonton in 5 days, and TJ to Calgary in 4 days were the best), 2008 Victory vision, 4 Can-Am Spyder RtL.. 2011 (lots of electrical problems with that one) 2012, 2014, and 2018... put over 150k on the Spyders..2019 Slingshot SLR, and now a 2020R.

I liked all of them but honestly I think I liked the Spyders the most... So, other than a military break and the short time in late 80's early 90's I have been riding since 1966.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• This thread has brought up allot of old memories of my younger years and the fun I have had on two wheels and now three. I wish I could remember the year and series of all the rides I have owned. I started with a go cart and then got an Allstate Moped for Christmas when I was 11 or 12. Yes mine had pedals too, but you hoped you never had to actually pedal the thing very far. Graduated to Cushman Eagle then Super Eagle. Then local hardware store started selling motorcyles and I got my first real motorcycle, a 125 Ducati. Never heard of a Ducati till them but boy did I love to ride it. Neighbor let me keep his Zundapp Super Saber for a couple months after they moved until he could come and get. This is a recount, as I can remember, of my pre driver license years of riding. I have never lost my love to ride and have had numerous motorcycles over the years till I purchased my slingshot. I will be 73 in January and hope I can continue to ride for a long time to come. Thanks for starting this thread and the memories.

• My son on my 1966 Yamaha YL1. Summer of 1966, so he was two years and a couple of months old.

And, YES, he has a bike. Rode his 15 yo Honda from Florida to Iowa and back last summer. Did the Tail of the Dragon this summer with his GF on the back.

If you start them young, they have no choice. Once bitten, always "infected".

• This thread has brought up allot of old memories of my younger years and the fun I have had on two wheels and now three. I wish I could remember the year and series of all the rides I have owned. I started with a go cart and then got an Allstate Moped for Christmas when I was 11 or 12. Yes mine had pedals too, but you hoped you never had to actually pedal the thing very far. Graduated to Cushman Eagle then Super Eagle. Then local hardware store started selling motorcyles and I got my first real motorcycle, a 125 Ducati. Never heard of a Ducati till them but boy did I love to ride it. Neighbor let me keep his Zundapp Super Saber for a couple months after they moved until he could come and get. This is a recount, as I can remember, of my pre driver license years of riding. I have never lost my love to ride and have had numerous motorcycles over the years till I purchased my slingshot. I will be 73 in January and hope I can continue to ride for a long time to come. Thanks for starting this thread and the memories.

Frank you can keep up.....I'll be 78 in Jan and see you in Maggie Valley.

• There's a chance Texas may revoke my driver's license since I totaled my Wife's car during a Low Blood Sugar event (hit the gas instead of the brake at a Stop sign). I had recently started a new medication that is supposed to increase my response to Insulin and is also supposed to cause me to reduce weight. I ended up losing about twice as much weight as expected and my Doctor cut my Insulin dose in half after the accident. To me, the new med and adjusting ot its effects was the root cause of my accident, but I have no idea how the Texas DMV Medical Review Board will decide.

I though if worse came to worst, I'd buy a moped since a motorcycle would need a license, but it looks like freedom loving Texas requires a Driver's License for a friggin' moped! Jeez, I can carry a concealed gun w/o a license, but I need a license to ride a stupid moped? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong! I could use some good news, just in case! I know a moped is a poor replacement for a motorcycle, but at least I'dstill have some freedom!

• There's a chance Texas may revoke my driver's license since I totaled my Wife's car during a Low Blood Sugar event (hit the gas instead of the brake at a Stop sign). I had recently started a new medication that is supposed to increase my response to Insulin and is also supposed to cause me to reduce weight. I ended up losing about twice as much weight as expected and my Doctor cut my Insulin dose in half after the accident. To me, the new med and adjusting ot its effects was the root cause of my accident, but I have no idea how the Texas DMV Medical Review Board will decide.

I though if worse came to worst, I'd buy a moped since a motorcycle would need a license, but it looks like freedom loving Texas requires a Driver's License for a friggin' moped! Jeez, I can carry a concealed gun w/o a license, but I need a license to ride a stupid moped? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong! I could use some good news, just in case! I know a moped is a poor replacement for a motorcycle, but at least I'dstill have some freedom!

Just get yourself a motor scooter like a smaller Vespa - - unless you get in a wreck no one is going to know you are riding without a license and if you do get in a wreck the only one hurt will probably be yourself and then what will they do - suspend the license you dont have? - - or if you prefer do the same with that moped - - would any cop actually pull over a small scooter or moped to check to see if you have a license?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

I'm not sure if I remember correctly but for NJ the moped must have peddles and be under 49 cc in order to not need a license. Again, not sure if this is exact and of course TX may be different. Good luck in your quest. Hope you can make it back to the sling!