How many years have you been riding?

• Though it would interest to see how many years slingshot riders have been riding to include two wheels. Counting a minibike at age ten it's been 48 1/2 continuous years. I recall two times I sold my motorcycle in the fall thinking that was it. Every following spring as soon as I would hear a motorcycle coming down the road and watch it go by I was off to the dealer again!

48+ years.

• Counting minibikes?

well I starting with minibikes at age 14 then rode motorcycles until my mid 20's when I was hit head on by a car on the wrong side of the road I was on a friends Honda 750 at the time - The car was totaled, highway pegs on the bike opened the car like a can opener. I was not wearing a helmet at the time and to this day I do not remember the actual collision I got very lucky in that I only had about 14 stitches over my left eye and was actually home in time for dinner that evening - - anyway I took it as a sign and gave up riding at that point even let my 2 wheel endorsement expire - - fast forward to 2016 when A slingshot pulled up behind me at a light - - yep that was it, a few months later in April 1017 and Cage Free came home with me from the dealer, that same day I gave my car to my daughter and my slingshot has been my daily driver ever since

oh - - and my friends 750 actually survived the crash - needed new forks and a gas tank, but other than that my friend had it back on the road in a few weeks, would have been days, but insurance was very slow

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The first time I rode a motorcycle was when I was 16 at a Yamaha learn to ride event in 1974. Saved my Summer job money and bought a new 1978 Honda Hawk (CB400). Moved on to a new 1983 V65 (still have it). Saw the Slingshot in the Spring of 2015. Brought home a 2016 Slingshot in October of 2015. So I'll say 43 years not counting the learn to ride event, 47 if you do.8)

Weak people revenge.:evil:

Strong people forgive.:saint:

Intelligent people ignore.:P

Albert Einstein

• The first time I rode a motorcycle was when I was 16 at a Yamaha learn to ride event in 1974. Saved my Summer job money and bought a new 1978 Honda Hawk (CB400). Moved on to a new 1983 V65 (still have it). Saw the Slingshot in the Spring of 2015. Brought home a 2016 Slingshot in October of 2015. So I'll say 43 years not counting the learn to ride event, 47 if you do.8)

I had a Honda V-65 also as soon as they came out. That was the most fun bike I ever owned. I bumped 125 mph every day on the straight away coming up to my house.

• I have ridden motorcycles off and on from 1991 to 2017, military, work, and wife permitting.

1981 Honda CM400

1985 ZX900

1997 M750 Ducati

1999 ZRX1100

The Duc was sold in 2017, along with my '92 vette when we bought our current house.

26 years of riding motorcycles but I didn't do much riding the last few years.

I still miss riding motorcycles sometimes but I would rather have my wife beside me in our 2021 R model. We both love this thing!

• I didn't start riding until a little before my 54th birthday. Started with a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 in 2007, then bought a new 2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650 about 6 months later. After moving just north of Houston, Texas, I drove to Nashville, TN at the end of January 2010. Having ridden over 120,000 miles on the 3 bikes over 8 years, I stopped riding 2 wheels in Spring, 2015, after I started having some balance issues and got my Slingshot a couple months later. I've now got 63000+ miles on the Slingshot. I'd have more miles, but the Slingshot has been on blocks about 1.5 years during various projects.

• I bought the 5th Goldwing in South Carolina (Memorial Day 1975) when they first came out. It was crazy riding around Maggie Valley area, that summer. No one had ever seen one and I was up there 5 or 6 times that summer. We even got pulled over by a park ranger for coasting down the mountain because he could not hear us.