Why did everyone leave the other forum?

• I joined this site mainly for a show of solidarity for the other members. I signed up on the other forum just about 1 1/2 years ago, and I learned a lot from the gang that was there, and there was great comradary amongst everyone! I'm not one of those that " if they jumped off a bridge would you too" kind of person, but I didn't want to miss out on fun.

• I joined this site mainly for a show of solidarity for the other members. I signed up on the other forum just about 1 1/2 years ago, and I learned a lot from the gang that was there, and there was great comradary amongst everyone! I'm not one of those that " if they jumped off a bridge would you too" kind of person, but I didn't want to miss out on fun.

That is really what is about. Thanks for becoming another friend. Business will take care of it's self.

Home of the free - because of the brave

• I do have a "merge and confuse" button at my disposal... :00008356::00008356::00008356:

Just kidding ya.... If i stick them together this early in the game it may be a little confusing. I will give it a little longer then smash them together...

I appreciate it anytime a member says thanks for the site. But y'all don't have to... I know that its a lot better over here...

Sadly I haven't posted anything over at the other place and it looks like I may be in the top 5 posters for the next 5 years over there... :00008172::00008172:

• Some members paid for premium membership $15 per year - no real benefits - it was one of the things they did to make the site appear more valuable. But here we get all the benefits and it is all free...that is why everyone is here!
    Welcome and congratulations on the new ride!

Be safe

ding..ding...ding.... With all the pieces in place we now know the $15 premium option was a way to make the site look very good to a buyer. Very bad taste in my mouth over that. I understand the business side of things and also understand how important your customers are. They failed to see we have a choice... (Thanks @rabtech)...
    I got suckered. I willing donated to SLINGSHOTINFO.COM because I know who the owner is and why he did it.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• For me it was simple...I have been a part of many forums for many years as moderator, admin, and participant...never have I seen moderation taken to that extreme. And to top it off it was over real petty BS. I still go back to help out noobs and try to keep people educated where I can, share what little I do know, and support good causes.

Do I miss the volume of traffic it used to get? Absolutely. But the atmosphere here is much more laid back and fun. These are the people I want to meet in person, these are the people I have learned the most from, and these are the people that are always available to help each other out when needed.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• As a Slingshot vendor/enthusiast, I also enjoy this style forum for a number of reasons, many of which have been mentioned here. My business, as well as my own personal preferences, have always been primarily based around hardcore performance parts and strong technical involvement. While I also enjoy the other aspects of modifying a vehicle, such as aesthetic and comfort improvements, these areas of performance improvement have always taken precedence. As one might imagine, that is mirrored in my company's approach as well. Here I can better interact with that like-minded segment of the Slingshot faithful.

I'm also not a fan of hypercharged moderation, having felt its sting in the past myself. Here I feel more comfortable about letting my hair down and interacting on a regular basis, not having a feeling of walking on eggshells lest I step across imaginary boundaries that sometimes seem to be moving targets, based on who the popular kids and companies might be at the moment. I enjoy being diplomatic and courteous to all, but all the same, snotty cliques and brown-nosing for profit and ego enhancement really chap my ass. So long as everyone has an equal voice, and an equal opportunity, we can all behave like the giving, fascinated people we really are, and the rest takes care of itself. I believe this forum will be a very positive addition to the Slingshot community's voice, and I truly appreciate the efforts of all those who have worked very hard to bring it to fruition.

Goto: Profile/Profile and Settings/My money/My pre approved payments/Update
    Click on the recurring payment you wish to cancel...like "Forum Foundry"...then under the status heading click Cancel

Interesting. I had to CALL paypal to have this cancelled. Couldn't do it from my computer. Although I could cancel others I completely forgot about. Thanks for reminding me!!! (It sure is demoralizing to be demoted to beginner status, I'll need to build up my rep on this forum now)

• well i for one am not the most active poster as you can all tell. And i wasn't part of the uproar that happened "over there" so I'm not as vested as some of the other guys here in the reasons. What is really telling to me is the fact that the site owners "over there" were not even slingshot owners. This fact tells me that their interest was basically financial, which would influence site decisions based on finances rather that what was best for the members.

I still view the site and have posted a direct question to the "administrator" Philip as to if he is a SS owner or not but he has not answered.

• I still view the site and have posted a direct question to the "administrator" Philip as to if he is a SS owner or not but he has not answered.

I chuckled audibly when I read this. Now you're really putting him on the spot, lol!

And hey, I still give all the love due to the other site, as I am sure most of us do. It's still a stout resource, it's just that we're a little further down the road now with Slingshot, and the enthusiast base is maturing. Different orientations are inevitably going to emerge, as one size most definitely does not fit all. So long as we all still get to use the bathrooms of our choice, I am good with all of it! :D

I just know where to go for what now. I come here for INFO and I go there for...well...other stuff.

• I chuckled audibly when I read this. Now you're really putting him on the spot, lol!
    And hey, I still give all the love due to the other site, as I am sure most of us do. It's still a stout resource, it's just that we're a little further down the road now with Slingshot, and the enthusiast base is maturing. Different orientations are inevitably going to emerge, as one size most definitely does not fit all. So long as we all still get to use the bathrooms of our choice, I am good with all of it! :D

I just know where to go for what now. I come here for INFO and I go there for...well...other stuff.

I also feel there is still a place for me over there as it still has a lot of information. However I believe the issues and solutions as well as mod ideas come from owners and riders which is the most important thing in my opinion.

PS Love my Hahn CAI BTW

• This is the second forum I've been part of. The first was the other side. Without this place, I would be alone with a basic stock sling. You guys helped me customize it and make it my own. Today, well I'm still alone, but I have a cool sling! Thanks guys

• I for one left because I got my pee pee whacked for using the term "shitter" and for a show of solidarity. I personally think that we are all grown ups (minus @Tripod ;) ) and didn't feel that I needed to be severely reprimanded for using such a minor swear word. This lead me to think that some over zealous, neo natzi little prick was abusing his powers as a moderator. Yup, that about sums it up....eh.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!