What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• now we're talking, totally agree, not into all the lights and bling,.. not into 100mph in 3 seconds, or louder the better.. but a nice clean sling cruising is classy and wins every time

The most importsnt thing is therwes enough mods for each crowd. Heck some people leave the sling completely stock. Some people say the sling stock has plenty of power others want to squeeze 500 hp outta the thing. Noone is really wrong.

• The most importsnt thing is therwes enough mods for each crowd. Heck some people leave the sling completely stock. Some people say the sling stock has plenty of power others want to squeeze 500 hp outta the thing. Noone is really wrong.

slingshot has experienced many angle drive failures with the stock motor.....adding more HP can’t be good for that. I feel the same about burnouts and donuts.... or drifting the back end... added stress is added stress. I haven’t seen any beefed up after market angle drives for sale.

• I have the Toyo 305 /30 /20 for a rear tire now. Getting real close to needing a replacement. I only got 7000 miles of of this one and compared to the Federal tires I used to run I don't think they grip as well. Looking at the Nitto 305/30/20 as well.

Anyone have the Nitto on and if so what are your thoughts on grip and longevity?

And- if I went to a 305/35/20 would that mess up and throw codes?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have the Toyo 305 /30 /20 for a rear tire now. Getting real close to needing a replacement. I only got 7000 miles of of this one and compared to the Federal tires I used to run I don't think they grip as well. Looking at the Nitto 305/30/20 as well.

Anyone have the Nitto on and if so what are your thoughts on grip and longevity?

I have the Lexanitwenty same size. Just ordered another one. 15k on the current one but middle tread is about gone. 182 free shipping from simple tire. I only have 3k on it since supercharging so not sure how it will wear starting out new. I just can't see paying 300 to 600 for a tire that has the same mileage warranty.

I have Nitto 555 G2 on my SL (so 255 vs 305). the wear seems to be really good (I have around 5K on current one and still good tread left - didn't get 10K out of the stock Kendra before the tread was pretty much completely gone). The grip isn't good and will break lose easily when accelerating (I'm NA so not even dealing with extra HP from boost). It is a good looking tire on the back of the SS if tread pattern visuals are important to you. The prices are usually pretty good and you can usually find them pretty cheap if you do a bit of shopping around.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I have Nitto 555 G2 on my SL (so 255 vs 305). the wear seems to be really good (I have around 5K on current one and still good tread left - didn't get 10K out of the stock Kendra before the tread was pretty much completely gone). The grip isn't good and will break lose easily when accelerating (I'm NA so not even dealing with extra HP from boost). It is a good looking tire on the back of the SS if tread pattern visuals are important to you. The prices are usually pretty good and you can usually find them pretty cheap if you do a bit of shopping around.

Riding style has allot to do with tread wear. I always got 20k out of the stock kenda on rear an twice that on the front. I wish kenda made a 305/30zr20.

Out of all of the tires that I have run on the back of the Sling the NITTO 555 G2 has been the worst for traction.

• Thanks all! With the Nitto I guess it is a harder tire thus the lack of traction. Just guessing. Federal does not make a 305 || and I really liked their 595 series. Oh well. I even went down to the garage to take a second look at my spare set of tires and rims but like what I have. The front Toyo's are 85% good for some reason, the back tire seems to go south faster...8)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I suspect that tire wear and traction might vary greatly dependent on the operating environment - just for kicks when I got home from work I took my infrared gun thermometer out front to measure the road temperature. At the time the air temp was 106 but the black surface of the street was just under 160 degrees. in the 4 years of slingshot ownership with 3 different rear tires I have noticed one thing that all three shared in common - all three, even the all season Nitto Movito, have had noticeably improved traction in the summer months and also wore faster in the summer.

having said this I also suspect that my road temperatures most of the year get much higher than most others - if todays 54 degree increase over air temp holds and you add the approximately 50 degree increase that can come from from flexing and friction I would think that my tires are probably pushing the limits pretty good all summer long

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I ran a Nitto 555 G2 315/35zr17 on a Mustang wheel on the rear of my 2015 Base Slingshot. I haven't been all that disappointed in the traction, but I've had it off for awhile while I tried some other tires on the rear. The Nitto 555 G2 is a very popular rear tire on older Mustangs, but they also weigh a lot more than our Slingshots.

• I bought a Nitto NT 555 G2 March 1, 2019, it's a 305 and still looks great. Starting my 3 summer and I should get this year and maybe next out of it. I'm not into burning the rubber off just for something to do. I think it hooks up pretty good and grips fine, even with "spirited" riding

• Just my 2 cents worth here on the Neto 555s. When I picked up my sling it had about 4500 miles and 555s. Ran with those until this spring when I changed all three to Perelli P-Zeros.

I found that the 555s held well enough to keep up with Gerald in September while running around Bristol. When hot, they grip very well. I find that they handle the corners at double the posted without feeling like I was close to the edge.

Haven’t had the Pirellis long enough to really test them.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter