What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Smack dab center hood!😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Horns should fit in front of the radiator, but where are you going to put the compressor and the tank, !/2 inch NPT equals a lot of air

• once the hood is on its not that bad tbh. Most people dont redirect their attention to that area when they see the slingshot. Needless to say I probably should of gone with black horns

Yes, I agree, I would have gone black... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Not sure but I removed my cowling top in the rear and mounted these items under it, there's alot of room under there and if your going with 5 horns , I can see them fitting under there....

https://www.strobesnmore.com/F…0-Watt-Siren-Speaker.html

https://www.strobesnmore.com/Able-2-Undercover-Siren.html

• Horns should fit in front of the radiator, but where are you going to put the compressor and the tank, !/2 inch NPT equals a lot of air

Not sure they will fit there. They are Measures 17L by 30W by 9.5T Weight 30 lbs.

The compressor and tank would definitely be an issue. On my drag bike the frame is the air tank but I doubt polaris manufactured their frames with holding air in mind. LOL An air tank sufficent for maybe a 5 second blast would fit where the original muffler was but then it'd take a compressor small enough to mount anywhere else a long time to build it back up for another blast. Then you'd still have to figure out where the horns would fit. They are all mounted to a single manifold so you can't take them apart to put them here and there. I have a set of Leslie's that need to be rebuilt that are not quite as big. Hmmmm

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Not sure they will fit there. They are Measures 17L by 30W by 9.5T Weight 30 lbs.

The compressor and tank would definitely be an issue. On my drag bike the frame is the air tank but I doubt polaris manufactured their frames with holding air in mind. LOL An air tank sufficent for maybe a 5 second blast would fit where the original muffler was but then it'd take a compressor small enough to mount anywhere else a long time to build it back up for another blast. Then you'd still have to figure out where the horns would fit. They are all mounted to a single manifold so you can't take them apart to put them here and there. I have a set of Leslie's that need to be rebuilt that are not quite as big. Hmmmm

The one that I took off of Sling II (15x15x3) were mounted in the area of the sway bar. Mount them a little high and turn them do a little and they just might fit

• Damn Ghost ,those are expensive hooters. 😅

They are if you buy them new. The set of Leslie's that I have I bought from a guy that had retired from trucking. He had them on his truck at one time. We were on the GoldWing and Shirl had to hold them all the way home. Good thing we were only 30 or so miles from home. I really like the Nathan Air Chime K5LA's. They have an awesome sound! I will have the front off the SS soon and the mortor and trans out. While I've got everything apart I will look further at the possibility of having "real" train horns on an SS. Even if it does look doable I would not purchase a brand new set of K5LA's. You can find them needing rebuilt and save a few hundred bucks.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• making a whole new dash center. Trying a new radio so we shall see how this goes... on the right is the 12 position boost controller. And on the right there will be a launch control dial. Working on that next.

Got my 43" LED tv mounted and playing the 80's music. And somehow i managed to have a cooler of Michelob Ultra Covid-19 anti viral syrum iced down. :P