Post your milage data!

• I’ve been watching and skimming through this thread every now and again - might have missed it but haven’t heard much about gas. Does everybody run premium? And my question is, does this motor need premium? I have always used it as in my motorcycle as well but is there something special about our motor that requires premium?

I understand the Mazda uses this engine as well. Do they require premium for the engine in their car?🤔

I am consistent with 27 to 28 miles per gallon using chevron premium

( just looking at this I think I should get some kind of trophy for the ability to use the word “premium” so much )🤪

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Polaris recommends premium gas for your sling, but what you can get varies from state to state.

We get 91 octane here in AR, but you can also get no ethanol if you shop around.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Polaris recommends premium gas for your sling, but what you can get varies from state to state.

We get 91 octane here in AR, but you can also get no ethanol if you shop around.

It’s darn near impossible to find any gas here in California that isn’t at least 10% ethanol 😡

Premium- but why? What is it about our motor that requires premium?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I run 93 octane non Ethanol only probably 90% of the time. I run the Ethanol only when I can not find the non Ethanol. Even in the wife"s Equinox which does not require 93 the difference is night and day on how smooth, power and the better gas mileage. Your GOVERNMENT is crapping us with the ethanol gas and besides getting less mileage and harder on the parts and pieces of any gasoline engine. Someone got really fussed at about this years ago on a NASCAR TV show for bring this up and they shut him up real quick.

• OK, it's time to bring up my issue. I have noticed that every time my fuel light goes on I have to put more gas in the tank to keep going. Over and over, gallon after gallon. And every single gallon costs me money! I can't seem to stop this vicious cycle. Has anyone else experienced this? Will it ever end?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• We were actually able to crack this on our latest tunes. The latest supercharger and turbo kits from us have a correction in the hex code that keeps the mpg the same as the factory calibration, even with the larger injectors. It took a little bit of work in the hex to get it done, but super happy that we can report the correct fuel economy now. :thumbsup:

What's it take for this update? Mine is not accurate. I'm getting 16 - 18 mpg by paper, my ECU thinks it is 34 - 37

• I have run premium since day 1 - I figure its what the motor is tuned for and its what is recommended so why not - - - I am sure the motor would run on regular, but if knock were detected the ecu would probably adjust timing and reduce power to compensate. I also figure that our premium here in California at 91 octane barley even qualifies as premium compared to what they get in some other states

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Almost forgot - SoCal I would have had that trophy for you, but only if you had called it Ethyl

been years since I pulled up to the pumps and told the kid - "fill her up with the Ethyl"

but then again it been years since there was even a kid to say it to

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was getting 34 mpg with just the cat delete pipe and the Alpha CAI add on's. Then I did Bob's original tune and added the Welter Dual's the same day and the mileage dropped to the 28-29 mpg. Bob's tune usually added 3 to 4 mpg and he was still asking me two years later about the decrease. The only thing we could come up with was the addition of the Welter exhaust. As of last year there is still no clear cut answer. But here shortly we will test this out on the 2016 that I will pick up this Saturday. I will be checking the stock mileage, then add the cat delete and the Alpha CAI and check the mileage again. Then I will swap the ECU to the Bob's tune and check again. Be fun to start over again with the parts and pieces that I have already bought that are on my 2015 Sling. All of this may happen over the winter not before

• What's it take for this update? Mine is not accurate. I'm getting 16 - 18 mpg by paper, my ECU thinks it is 34 - 37

You will just need to ship the ECM to Bob. When I am out your way at the beginning of October, I can bring my cable and have Bob remote tune it also as an option. Just let me know what works best for you.

• So, I've come to the conclusion that the gas mileage is more due to the driver style than the engine. Examples: This weekend I got anywhere from 28.9MPG to 17.7MPG (some people know where I got that last number 8) ).

I also found that while I use "Premium" every time I fill up, it was completely different what I got each time. Of the many tanks this past weekend, I got different combinations of 91 or 93 octane with or without Ethanol. Unfortunately, since my driving style was all over the place, I can't say that one way or the other is better. I'm told that "Ethanol" decreases your gas mileage depending on how much is in there. My truck can run E-85, but I've figured out that the lower MPG = higher cost/mile when you calculate out the cost difference.

• Driving style definitely affects it... I haven't put ethanol-free in mine, just haven't had the opportunity to use it. I put 91 octane in all weekend, because that's all Missouri and Arkansas offers.

Best mileage I got was 25, was a nice leisurely ride (thanks chavey2) and the worse I got was 15. Pretty drastic.

What I've really noticed that is affecting the mileage is the average speed. Makes sense all the way around with all of these different variables.

• Driving style definitely affects it... I haven't put ethanol-free in mine, just haven't had the opportunity to use it. I put 91 octane in all weekend, because that's all Missouri and Arkansas offers.

Best mileage I got was 25, was a nice leisurely ride (thanks chavey2) and the worse I got was 15. Pretty drastic.

What I've really noticed that is affecting the mileage is the average speed. Makes sense all the way around with all of these different variables.

Yes, I reckon you could say that, but I still got an average for 2,000 miles of around 29 mpg. That was with around 1,400 of hard driving and with the tune.

• 3rd and 4th gear in the curvy roads at 3K to 4K rpm. almost 30mpg. 5th gear at 2.5 to 3K rpm 22 to 24 mpg. Love the sound of the pipes talking to me at 3K to 4K rpm music to my ears.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• In all my riding this past week from Laredo to eureka back and all else 24 to 29. This includes all kind of driving, highways, curves, hills, mountains and don’t forget flat in south Texas. 2118 miles.

Keep Three Wheels Down