Slingshot Spotted Thread

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Saw a white SS in Waverly Iowa yesterday. Came up behind him and honked. Left arm shot up and got a nice wave.

The odds of two Slings being in Waverly at the same time are not very good. I should have bought a lottery ticket.H

Hey we are in Waterloo Iowa! If you see a Gray GT it is ours! Drove up to Country Chrome on Sunday a couple of weeks ago and found one other sling from south eastern Iowa.

• Yesterday I saw a red Sling headed east just inside the East entrance in Yellowstone National Park as I headed west.

Was it s grey ghost one? I know Pete is up there with his wife on their 25 year anniversary.

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• A FAST RED one. She knows all bout that, right Anita!

Yes and so do a few people that can't drive in Yellowstone! Had to pass about 15 of them though not all at once. :) Who wants to ride brakes in the curves?! Today I saw an orange Sling fully loaded for vacation at Canyon Village.

• Got to ride on Sat/Sun. Most of rides put us close to the Dragon, Foothills Parkway, Cherokee and Gatliburg/Pigeon Forge areas either going or coming. Saw several SS's on Sat. and a few on Sun. Seeing more and more rentals on road. We just wave at all we see and hope they are having as much fun as us. Did talk to folks at rest area on Blue Ridge, from FL. with house in Maggie Valley (red SS), said they were going to Bristol ride.

• Yellowstone this past week seemed to be a hot spot based on my FB feed. I think I counted 6 slingshot owners putting up photos from Yellowstone. And oddly...about 4 families I know were there too. lol

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• I passed a gloss black Sling riding with a couple pretty sweet bikes on I-5 N, north of Castle Rock and south of Chehalis yesterday morning around 10 am. Got a big grin and waves but not much conversation at 80 mph. Who you be?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

• In Galveston, TX at the beach with the kiddos and saw several slings cruising the Seawall drive, turns out there is a rental place here, $90 an hour.

No, I didn't bring my sling, can't put 5 people in it :)

Wife and I are going to be in Galveston in April 2020 for a Submarine Reunion staying at the Casa Del Mar, we are bringing our Slingshot and would love to do some riding with you.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Wife and I are going to be in Galveston in April 2020 for a Submarine Reunion staying at the Casa Del Mar, we are bringing our Slingshot and would love to do some riding with you.

Definitely post on here when it gets closer and we'll organize a meet up and ride.

• Not a sling I recognize, but it does look to have several nice mods - if you look close there is a DDMWorks logo on the pod under the drivers roll hoop and the Metricks splitter fins on the lower back of the tub - - wouldnt be the least bit surprised if the driver were a member here

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• Yesterday was a big day in Colorado. Saw 2 slingshots while on a 300 mile ride. First one was near Canyon City, CO near State Highway 9 parked near the river. Silver no top. I honked and he threw up a hand to wave but we didn't have a way to turning around. Second one was in Colorado Springs. Silver Sling with a black top, red racing stripe on the top. There was a couple coming out of the Safeway parking lot. We slowed down to talk to them...but they turned a few streets behind us.

CO D12

• I don't see a lot of slingshots in my neck of the woods, but saw two over the weekend. There is a grey one with a slingshade in Paris every now and then, have yet to be able to catch him and introduce myself. Was at a drive-thru when I saw him on Friday. He didn't see my sling.

Saw another today on Hwy 82, red with a black top, could have been a mean sling, was heading West between Paris and Honey Grove, I was going the opposite direction in the car.

• Spotted a 2017+ red SS (Possibly SLR) with gullwing roof in North San Antonio, TX this morning... I was a car away/back traveling Blanco South onto 1604 East and then 281 South this morning around 0720. Lost it in the traffic.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1