Well it was a perfect long weekend until.....

• Man what a night at the rv park. Was having a really good weekend too. Had no problems with any guests. The weather was awesome. Had my usual Saturday filling the sand at the park with money for the kids to dig up. Took several new seasonal customers for a rip in the sling. Had our usual trailer rides for the kids after supper. And a little later in a huge fireworks show. Greatest night ever. Went to bed at the usual 130am.
    At 3 am there's someone frantically beating on my door. The kind of pounding that you immediately know somethings wrong. So I run outside and there's my truck completely engulfed in flames. So without thought I immediately snap to it and try to get it under control. I quickly realize this is a losing battle. Managed to get Shawna's brand new car out of the way. And my little turbo neon had a dead battery so it was a sitting duck nothing I could do. We live in the country so I knew firemen were several minutes away. By now the police showed up and we're yelling at me to get away from it. I didn't listen. I didn't know that Shawna had gotten everyone out of the house so in my mind my family was in there. The truck exploded 5 times with me standing right there and I just didn't care. You can see me in a few of the pics. At this point the truck was a total loss so I switched to spraying the house as it was starting to melt. It was around this time the firefighters finally showed up.
    After it was out the chief came to talk to me. First he said I was really brave and had balls of steel. And that what I did wasn't the best move for my safety. Well and I totally saved my house from going up too. Im one of them people who just go not really thinking about it. Especially if there's someone in trouble.
    So the long and the short of it is everyone is ok no one got hurt.
    Only had a few hours sleep been really emotional morning for me. I know insurance will cover stuff. But anyone who knows me knows I love my machines. So it was really hard watching them be destroyed. That little turbo neon was absolutely mint took really good care of them. So a piece of me kinda died with them.
    So today I'm pretty down in the dumps not feeling like doing much and am overall really miserable. Totally gutted.
    There are positives tho I know.
    Me and My family are ok and their saying I'm a hero of sorts just not feeling it right now.
    Need a hug and a good cry. Just trying to keep my brave face on right now.

• That's horrible Mark! Best thing is, everyone is safe... Lives are irreplaceable... You can replace those machines. Yes, you'll miss them... I still miss my first vehicles, but you get better ones that you like more...

Anyway, if there's anything you need, let us know... We're here for you!

And... Good work, hero! :thumbup:

• Words can't say enough about how much worse this could have been. I too know how much of yourself is in these toys. It's 10,000 times better to lose a loved vehicle than a friend or family member that could NEVER be replaced.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm thankful that no one was hurt! Let us know how we can help Mark! A bit too far for me to come and shovel ash, but I would if I could!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Holly shit Mark!! First off Glad family is safe and no one hurt, that's whats important!! Sorry to hear about truck, car and glad to see it looks like just cosmetic damage to side. Could of been a lot worse. They determine what cause was???

Again, glad everyone is ok...Rest up, clear your head-Im sure this is a super stressful situation to be involved in...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Oh WOW, Mark!!! HOLY CRAP!!! Glad you & family & house survived okay! That's what's really important. That's freaky scary stuff right there. Hang in there. Let insurance do its thing - may turn out to be a blessing in disguise...?!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• OMG!!! So glad no one was injured!!!!! As said by others....you can replace stuff, but not lives!!! Hope your insurance steps up and takes care of you quick like so you can get another truck, and have the damage to the Neon repaired!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Hey Mark. Although this is a terrible episode in your life, the silver lining is that everyone is okay. Focus on that aspect, and everything else will seem trivial. I know I don't need to say this, but you know you can count on any of us to lend a hand, or a shoulder if you need us. I loved reading all you stories on the Turbo adventure, and know that you are a strong person. This moment is only a minor glitch in your life. You still have your family, and we still have you all with us. That's all that matters. Material possessions can be replaced in time. The fact that you and your family are safe and well tonight, should be proof enough...you are meant for bigger and better things. You and your family will be in our prayers tonight. We will all be thinking of you. God's speed, in getting back to...normal. We are with you all the way, Brother. :thumbup:

• Thanks everyone just been a crap day. Nice to know people have your back. Made it over to the impound lot to see what's left of the avalanche. Grabbed a pic over the fence. Sucks loved that truck. No matter what insurance pays out I won't be able to get a new one can't afford it right now. Put me in an interesting position.
    That little box I sent out the other day went to @rabtech says it was delivered but I haven't heard anything. I hope you haven't left for Maggie yet that would suck. Need some cheering up right now. And I made the stuff inside for him to share with you. Figured I can't go but maybe I could send some stuff I made for you people going.

Thanks guys really appreciate it.
    ;(:/

• Thanks everyone just been a crap day. Nice to know people have your back. Made it over to the impound lot to see what's left of the avalanche. Grabbed a pic over the fence. Sucks loved that truck. No matter what insurance pays out I won't be able to get a new one can't afford it right now. Put me in an interesting position.
    That little box I sent out the other day went to @rabtech says it was delivered but I haven't heard anything. I hope you haven't left for Maggie yet that would suck. Need some cheering up right now. And I made the stuff inside for him to share with you. Figured I can't go but maybe I could send some stuff I made for you people going.

Thanks guys really appreciate it.
    ;(:/

Rest easy, Brother. We DO have your back. Keep your chin up. We are here, when you need us...notice I didn't say "if"!!!!! We're right here! :thumbup: