LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Finally got the swing arm done yesterday. The other stuff was done a few months ago. Now hopefully it will be going back for oil changes only although I have that pesky stability light that comes on intermittently.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

You're not really going to pay that price for an oil change are you?

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Finally got the swing arm done yesterday. The other stuff was done a few months ago. Now hopefully it will be going back for oil changes only although I have that pesky stability light that comes on intermittently.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

You get them to do the warranty and come by the house and we will change the oil.

• Assume the brakes are working correctly now?

after a second trip back there......... belt was tighter than a banjo string when I got home. I beat it back up there- same day, mad as heck---- took service. mgr for a 60 sec. drive to confirm God-awful rear end noises- to insure no damage- he drained rear fluid (again) to ensure no metal flakes.
    not a happy camper on this service........ it is what I get for not being there and watching them like a hawk. Brakes are finally decent- after recall work & new master cylinder, and polaris brake bleed procedure- they were still marginal, he said. Only when they jacked the rear end up, were they able to get more air out of right front- mgr. said he went thru 2 bottles of brake fluid.

• Dealer called, Sling is ready for me to pick up after dropping off the night before. 1 day and got all 4 recall items taken care of, didn't expect to get it back until tomorrow. However one issue I've noticed and not the dealers fault, is as of late my right angle drive is screaming under load. Now it's always had the growl and was more noticeable when it was new and eventually grew quieter or I became used to it over the last 14,000 miles, but the last 500 especially in 2,3,4 higher rpm, under load, that thing screams so loud, you swear it's going to detonate. So this is a new thing, not the same growl as before, Polaris responded when contacted about it that
    "it's normal", well it's not normal for my machine. So fine, I'll push the hell out of it until it explodes and see what their response is then. In the meantime, I''m going to make a video and see how well the sound compares to video in the cockpit from a year does. If it shows the difference like I think it will, it should do great for sales when I post it every place I can possibly think of. I should be able to get one done this weekend, just irritates me how they love their canned responses and won't consider maybe sometimes it's not normal. Yea, It makes noise, haven't had a problem with it, but now it sounds like a turbo about to detonate.

• Will have to see what happens, have just never had it sound like this before and no changes to belt tension over past 5k miles, if any thing I would expect it to loosen some. Belt is clean, tracking in the middle of the pulley, all too perfect! I'll put up the video this weekend if it's clear to hear the difference. Meanwhile, hammer down.

• Yeah, mine is so much louded now that it was when it went in pre-recalls.

Have to get the belt tention slackened off a tad yet to. Got a constant noise like sand in the belt, even when clean. Usually a sound I've attributed to belt being tight.

• Yep, mine is a little noisier, too, I attribute it to all that newness back there. Bearings seating in, spacer shaft mushrooming, grease spreading out. Belt is tracking correctly and clean. Belt has around one inch of deflection, not banjo tight like some folks have gotten. From what I have read from a few, makes em think bearing failure.

And @SlingJockey, that belt should be tracking toward the left side of the rear pulley.

From the manual...

6. Rear wheel alignment is satisfactory when the drive
    belt tracks closer to the inboard driven sprocket
    flange. Sprocket teeth should still be visible from both
    sides of the drive belt.
    7. Verify rear wheel rotates smoothly and freely without
    drag.
    8. If the drive belt is too far inboard, the belt will make
    noise during deceleration. If drive belt is too far
    outboard, the belt will make noise during acceleration
    or while under load.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• So, I finally got my recall work done today. New swing arm, new fuel rail, bled the brakes, fixed the leak in the angle drive that has been there since I bought it, and oh, get this: when they opened up the angle drive to find the leak, the inside was so screwed up that Polaris ended up sending an entire new unit, casing and guts and everything. Apparently the race ring for the main bearing wasn't even seated in the housing. Among other things. So the gears were a bit battered. Talk about a different sound from the gears! And, with the new swingarm and rear axle combo, there's no shimmy in my rear end anymore!

( @V-SHOT, @av8ingtom, remember that ridiculous conversation the one dealer tried to have with me about how bad Royal Purple was and how it causes leaks, how the name brand Polaris gear oil was the only stuff to use, and that was my problem? COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Turns out, they never got into my angle drive at all, any of the three times I took it to them complaining of seepage from the housing. They would have seen the inside....it was obvious. Beware!)

I am totally pleased with the work that Royce at Cherokee Cycles did for my Sling, the extra parts he got fairly quickly, and the extra time his team spent on it. I love GREENVILLE!

Only thing now is that I have the "brake failure" light so common after brake bleeds, so tomorrow morning I'm going to do the "hard stop" fix and see if it works. Otherwise, it's as good as new!

• I would go so far as to say.... "Better than New!" That's how I feel about my SS. I had many minor issues in the beginning, so much that I had the hood up and wrenching on it after the 2 hour drive home. I just got it out for a short run (has been 2 weeks.... there's a familiar term!) and it's soooo much better than the day I bought it! Better than New is a good thing @KayTwo!

• So glad to hear they got you all fixed up. I knew the conversation you had with the other dealer was bullshit. I run Royal Purple in mine with not problem, and so do many others on this forum.

So glad to hear you and your family are coming up to MV. Cannot wait to see you, Heather, and the kids, and I guess you are bringing the puppy with you also. See you all soon.

• So glad to hear they got you all fixed up. I knew the conversation you had with the other dealer was bullshit. I run Royal Purple in mine with not problem, and so do many others on this forum.
    So glad to hear you and your family are coming up to MV. Cannot wait to see you, Heather, and the kids, and I guess you are bringing the puppy with you also. See you all soon.

Looking forward to it, brother! We'll have the crew!

• Mine goes in on the 23rd, just before MV ;( I know nothing about this dealer.

YIKES!!!
    Got my fingers crossed for ya Pal!!!
    I sure hope they do you right so you can sing their accolades when you give your "Post Recall" report!!! :thumbsup:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I had my angle drive replaced last fall, after waiting 2 months for the part. Sounded like I had no wheels, and was dragged by a chain by an F150. Nasty repressed memory. You were luckier than I.

After 4 dealer repair/replacements, brake failure light is holding good.

Keep in mind that good as new is not that good. Coming up to the decision point of sell it, replace it, or buy the extended warranty. Close race, and no final decision, but sell it and move on is ahead by a nose. Lots of other highway toys in the market.

And, K2 dude, despite the fact that you moved away, we need to figure out how to meet up again. I miss the company of you and your family.

• Absolute Power Sports in Gorham NH.

Awesome dealer!! I've been there, big place with a wicked showroom of accessories!! We ride Jericho State Forest on ATV's, so I registered ours in NH there. I think you'll be pleased, they've been around a while.
    We are headed up there June 23 - 25 with the ATV's. We're going to do the Mt. Washington ride on Saturday. They close the auto road for this NHATV Club event once a year. Spots sell out in a matter of a few hours!!
    You and Dawn should take the SS there on Saturday. We could have dinner somewhere in Gorham. We'll be staying at the Royalty Inn, if you want to stay over and toss down a few cold ones with us!! That would be awesome!!! :thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555: