New approach for a SlingShot top...

• 6' 0" traffic lights and far vision are my concerns, the top as it is looks fantastic but to me it looks like i would have to hunch to have a good forward vision.

Hopefully is just my paranoia kicking in high gear and visibility is not impaired.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• 6' 0" traffic lights and far vision are my concerns, the top as it is looks fantastic but to me it looks like i would have to hunch to have a good forward vision.

Hopefully is just my paranoia kicking in high gear and visibility is not impaired.

@Neosolidus I completely understand. Hope it works for the taller guys. If all goes as planned you will be able to check it out at SSITS before pulling the trigger. Rather you be happy than make a sale.
    As I have stated from the very beginning this top is lower and sleeker than others. This in turn may not fit the taller customer. Can't be everything to everybody. I have taken suggestions and tried to have it set at a good height for all drivers. It has some front adjustment but at this point I'm as tall as I feel comfortable based off speed test. Taller w/s may not have an issue as they push air up higher and over the SS possible missing the top altogether. With my lower Blade w/s, double w/s or none at all has the air flow just hitting the front edge and front slope. Any taller in these configurations may cause air to enter up under the top. I do not want this to happen as it and the rear latch were not designed for this type of air flow and possible side effects.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Neosolidus I completely understand. Hope it works for the taller guys. If all goes as planned you will be able to check it out at SSITS before pulling the trigger. Rather you be happy than make a sale.As I have stated from the very beginning this top is lower and sleeker than others. This in turn may not fit the taller customer. Can't be everything to everybody. I have taken suggestions and tried to have it set at a good height for all drivers. It has some front adjustment but at this point I'm as tall as I feel comfortable based off speed test. Taller w/s may not have an issue as they push air up higher and over the SS possible missing the top altogether. With my lower Blade w/s, double w/s or none at all has the air flow just hitting the front edge and front slope. Any taller in these configurations may cause air to enter up under the top. I do not want this to happen as it and the rear latch were not designed for this type of air flow and possible side effects.

Unfortunately I am not able to attend any of the SS gathering as of now since we already had our trips planned for the year, a PoV shot when you can will be very appreciated!

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

I think you will have an answer about how this fits those that are tall. I think 2 of the first productions are going to @rabtech and @Bill Martin. I would say both of them are well north of the 6 foot mark.

• Unfortunately I am not able to attend any of the SS gathering as of now since we already had our trips planned for the year, a PoV shot when you can will be very appreciated!

I am 6'4" tall - I hope to give you a full report very soon. For me though to get outta the brutal Louisiana summer sun and being able to remove the top very easily whenever I want to is paramount - having to bend forward at a red light is barely an inconvenience IMHO.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Bill Martin, bring yours when you come up, so I can at least try it. If I like it...maybe we can work a trade? (She cooks really well!) :00008172:

I must admit she got a shot with those cookies she makes but you gotta promise not to make those chocolate cocaine cookies you make - that just ain't playin fair ;(

• Who was coming to SSITR this year that is looking to have one of these? Was it @Texas T, or am I mistaken?

If so, if he, or anyone else with one for that matter, is planning to attend, I would love to simply beg your indulgence to try it out for size as well. Nothing beats sitting under one to find out if it is going to work for you or not.

• I must admit she got a shot with those cookies she makes but you gotta promise not to make those chocolate cocaine cookies you make - that just ain't playin fair ;(

Well, if we execute the trade, in theory you'll be able to get her to make whatever you want or don't want, and I won't bother with the chocolate chip coffee bars you love so much. You'll have to be careful she don't wear you out, though...or take over your house. And we'll have to figure out transportation...I'm pretty sure if you bring me the top before Maggie, I can he her waiting for you at your house before you get back. :00008172:

• I have the first prototype of the top. It is not like the top he is putting into production. He has since made the top alot lighter and it attaches a lot easier on his final version. The production top will have plenty of room from what I have seen.

I am currently modifying the brackets on my prototype to allow for more room. I am going to have the top ready to install on mine hopefully before bike week in Panama City Beach which is the end of April. When you get a production version I'm sure it will be tall enough for just about everyone.

• Who was coming to SSITR this year that is looking to have one of these? Was it @Texas T, or am I mistaken?

If so, if he, or anyone else with one for that matter, is planning to attend, I would love to simply beg your indulgence to try it out for size as well. Nothing beats sitting under one to find out if it is going to work for you or not.

Yes, still planning on being there. Still planning on having this fantastic looking top if it is available by then.

Has then been speed tested at the over 100 mph range? Wait, silly question @rabtech has one...

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

I'll be there sportin one for sure!!!

• Bill Martin wrote:

I am 6'4" tall - I hope to give you a full report very soon. For me though to get outta the brutal Louisiana summer sun and being able to remove the top very easily whenever I want to is paramount - having to bend forward at a red light is barely an inconvenience IMHO.

Wow, when you lay down, you're 6' 4" LONG. That can't be right. You're not square. You're more of a mushroom - you know, a fun guy (fungi)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @Ruptured Duck have you posted pricing yet? Any idea yet what that's going to be?

@jorgebri60 my goal has always been south of $1000. Looking between 800 and 950 at this time. I have had some price creep do to current sourcing cost. I really don't , or cant give a 100% answer just yet but will very soon.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: