"Corona Virus" What did you do today?

• Nice day so I took a nice 70 mile ride the the gas station and grocery store. The 5 mile ride home from the store packed with groceries was fun too.

My wife always asks me, why does it take 15 mins to drive to work and an hour to drive home? ...lol 😉

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Went to see a customer and her daughter, Mom didn't like to color 'she' picked out.

So Monday we repaint the house two coats with a darker gray. Mom and daughter both like. Daughter covering cost of the color change. When that was all done it had warmed but enough for Georgia to want to get out for a little ride -- about 30 miles around La Porte County. Good Day.

• this is actually just an early bit of a heat wave - normally we would be in the low 90's Starting June we will probably be 100 or more every day and in July and august days over 110 are not uncommon. The record high here in the Summer is 123 - - but thats only been a few times - hitting 120 or so is not uncommon most summers - - Normally I expect us to go up over 100 early June and to stay there virtually every single day until mid to late September.

But one thing you need to keep in mind is that we dont have much if any humidity - right now its 102, but the humidity is 10% - - so that makes it feel much better - - to me humidity makes all the difference. I am much more comfortable at 102 and 10% than I would be at 80 and 75% - - I hate humidity

Yeah I'm not real sure what that's like. As you said here in the southeast it starts to get into the eighties you can't breathe. So I hear 102 that seems unbearable but you add our humidity I guess it would be.

On a side note, that pool looks amazing. I'm really really debating pulling the trigger and putting one in at the new house. I know it seems like everyone I talk to advises against it but I don't often listen to people so there's that.

• Got a text message Friday night at 11:30pm- "Wanna go for a ride?" Just a fluke that I was even awake. We had just finished a NetFlix show and were just getting ready for bed. 10 mins later and I would have missed it.

Anyways, met up with some folk - 6 SS's in all. Most of them were from the Facebook group but we directed them to here. (I don't do Facebook - other reasons). Anyways a nice 200+ mile drive to get a burger at Whataburger! Beautiful weather too! (Hard to tell because I didn't pull forward enough, but I'm way in the back there.)

• Got a text message Friday night at 11:30pm- "Wanna go for a ride?" Just a fluke that I was even awake. We had just finished a NetFlix show and were just getting ready for bed. 10 mins later and I would have missed it.

Anyways, met up with some folk - 6 SS's in all. Most of them were from the Facebook group but we directed them to here. (I don't do Facebook - other reasons). Anyways a nice 200+ mile drive to get a burger at Whataburger! Beautiful weather too! (Hard to tell because I didn't pull forward enough, but I'm way in the back there.)

If I found six Slingshots anywhere in the state of Arizona, I'd be amazed! 😂

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• If I found six Slingshots anywhere in the state of Arizona, I'd be amazed! 😂

I know that there is a dozen Slingshots in La Porte County, Indiana....very seldom do I see one on the road. I've probably ridden 45,000 miles in La Porte County so people see mine all over the place. Most of the others just don't get them out much.

• Yeah I'm not real sure what that's like. As you said here in the southeast it starts to get into the eighties you can't breathe. So I hear 102 that seems unbearable but you add our humidity I guess it would be.

On a side note, that pool looks amazing. I'm really really debating pulling the trigger and putting one in at the new house. I know it seems like everyone I talk to advises against it but I don't often listen to people so there's that.

these days it doesnt get as much use as I would like, but if we had to do it again I have absolutely no doubt we would - - - that pool right there that you see in my picture is where every one of my five grand kids learned to swim - - the memories at this house and in and around that pool are worth far more than the cost of the pool - - not even close.

having said that I would do it a bit different - - no dark color tile - to hard to keep clean and shows the hard water buildup way to much - - something of a more natural sand color - - and pebbletec instead of plaster - - but again here we get over 350 days of sunshine a year and having a pool in the summer with kids - - way more necessary than in many other locations

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Is that middle maroon one the same one that was for sale last year at Kerrville from Alamo?

I don't think you kept them 6 feet apart :)

• [quote='wokka','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9024-corona-virus-what-did-you-do-today/&postID=305508#post305508']

Got a text message Friday night at 11:30pm- "Wanna go for a ride?" Just a fluke that I was even awake. We had just finished a NetFlix show and were just getting ready for bed. 10 mins later and I would have missed it.

Is that middle maroon one the same one that was for sale last year at Kerrville from Alamo?

I don't think you kept them 6 feet apart :)

[/quote]

Know that midnight cherry one belongs to at jamesgn

And we kept 6ft us. Some times. Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Yeah I'm not real sure what that's like. As you said here in the southeast it starts to get into the eighties you can't breathe. So I hear 102 that seems unbearable but you add our humidity I guess it would be.

I live in MN can only get 1-3 months of use out of the pool and I tell you I don't regret it one bit, I did my research and knew what I wanted from the get go,easy of use and least amount of upkeep for me as possible, so I went with a salt water pool(FYI barely can tell that is salt water from a "taste" or swimming with out goggles stand point).

Also made sure to buy the best automatic pool "robot" for cleaning, upkeep is what annoys everyone of my friends/neighbors with pools, the complaint either goes, I am paying XXX monthly for something I barely use or I am tired of cleaning this pool.

Salt water pools require very little fiddling once you have them dialed in as far as chemicals go, anyways do your research and like I said if you are planning on doing the upkeep yourself i strongly recommend a salt water pool and buy the best robot cleaner/vaccum you can because that is what kills the joy of owning a pool.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Our pool was originally set up as salt water. Unfortunately our high heat kills the salt cell that generates the chlorine from the salt. After having to replace the cell three times in as many years we went to regular chlorine

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Our pool was originally set up as salt water. Unfortunately our high heat kills the salt cell that generates the chlorine from the salt. After having to replace the cell three times in as many years we went to regular chlorine

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

That is the one issue I will never have up here but I know(Salt Pool Ownewr FB group) someone in AZ who had to shield the chlorinator, he had it in a little shed that for some reason retained/increased heat so he insulation and added a fan and that allegedly solved the problem.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• We have checked in the area and some restaurants- perhaps take out- but some businesses are open. Hotels are booking and our rooms are booked. As when we were out on the coast yesterday from San Diego to Newport Beach “society” is taking this into their own hands. We got ice cream in Encinitas at the walk up service, thousands and I mean thousands at the beaches in Orange Country and if you want a slice of pizza you can get one. Dana harbor as well as Newport filled with paddle boards, boats, kayaking etc. The horse has left the barn. They can’t arrest tens of thousands of people. State parks are closed yes but Highway 1 is open. San Diego’s beaches are still closed but Orange Country’s are open but parking lots are closed.Go figure. Stop and go through Laguna as cars as far as you can see..
    We are going.

Now this data may be old, but take precautions as you go about... I agree, ya can't stop living, but don't be reckless.

Most do recover, but like Neosolidus has mentioned, when it hits close to home, mindsets change.

• Edward Neal  Neosolidus I'm pretty sure I'm about to derail this thread but oh well...

Did you both have the pools installed?

I've actuality done quite a bit of research as far as what I would want. I thought the saltwater was a complicated mess but from what I've gathered it really seems to be the better route. Wife was worried about the chemical cost with chlorine and how harmful it can be. The saltwater when having a new pool put in from the start seems to be a lil more on the front end but less financial in the long run. Plus the benefits of less harsh chemicals. Which I'm sure there's somebody to contradict everything but salt seems to be the way to go for me.

So far looking at having a fiberglass pool put in if we do decide to do it. I love the look of yours Edward Neal. What we had picked out was very similar with a raised up hot tub and the unique rounded corners. When we were looking for a house the last year a pool was in the search filter. Now granted the one we just bought didn't have a pool, it had everything else and was too good of a deal to pass up. Now I'm just hoping that ours sells for enough that putting a pool in is an option. I think the kids would love it. I usually work 6 days a week sometimes 7, about 12 hours each day. I just wanted something I can come and enjoy doing with the kids for what lil bit I'm awake. Figured sitting poolside and watching them have fun was just that. Wife still thinks I'm nuts but she hasn't said no.

• Riding as much as we can...

But, it's different.

Cautious at the gas pumps...

Not using public facilities..

Staying local to home area.

Disinfectant and hand sanitizers in the Slingshot for Sonic stops or carry-out.

Not stopping long enough for gawkers.

Yep, different kinda riding lately.

But because of the recommended stay at home, no workee thing.

Been avoiding the stir crazies with around the house projects...

Building all from scrap items around the house.

Supplies are dwindling...

May only have enough for sixty-eight more projects. ;)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: