Corona Virus

• Yes shrimp is good if it's Gulf Shrimp but Maine has very small shrimp and I don't care for it

ever since the giant oil spill in the gulf and they used the stuff to disperse the oil...the gulf is dying. The fish are having birth defects....the rest of the sea food is also compromised....and the Gulf Stream carries that crap up the coast to Maine and across the ocean to England....so I don’t want any seafood from the gulf or the east coast.

ever since Fukushima and you need to pay attention to this ....radioactive plutonium and lesser radioactive junk (water) ..is still going into the Pacific Ocean...and as it leaves japan it goes right up the coast to Alaska (King crab, salmon) and then turns down the western coast Past Canada and the coast of North America Down to California.....for that reason I don’t want to eat pacific ocean seafood. Nobody wants to talk about it......the Japanese have used up all their radioactive water collection capability....so the plan is to release it into the ocean....plutonium has a half life of hundreds of years.... one particle of plutonium is enough to give you cancer...

and you do know all of this has been covered up by the governments and the media.....you probably don’t even have to cook the pacific seafood....it’s already radiated....

• When they are running I have caught over 100 lbs of shrimp with a cast net in the canal by my house. Two kinds of shrimp here - brown and white - don’t care for the brown- they have a fishy taste to me. The white in a sauce piquante fresh out of the water is BON APPETIT !!!

When I was in Louisiana I caught all my shrimp by the side of the road out of white igloo cooler 😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Seems as if the only sea food left for Bigdog would be Vietnamese farm raised tilapia 😜

As a side note, from what I hear they feed the tilapia raw sewage so it would already be full of s#it and should be perfect

8o:saint:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• More importantly I got my social distancing project supply shipment from Walmart today (actually got the oil Monday but the filter arrived today)

i-Dj23CCK-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm sure the local Brothel in town is going to be shut down tonight. After I picked out my "working girl" and headed down the hall towards our room, we passed about 5 or 8 rooms that you could hear heavy breathing from inside. As I was walking out the front door an hour later, I saw a few guys who had flushed look on the face and sweat was pouring off the forehead. I'm sure they were carrying the Corona Virus, so I called the LEO to check them out and they were there within minutes

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Here’s a sobering thought. Based on the numbers from the tracker at Johns Hopkins, the average global mortality rate is about 5% (47,522/941,949). Based on the numbers from the CDC for this year, the mortality rate for the flu is less than one tenth of one percent or about .06% (24,000/38,000,000). So, if we had as many COVID cases in the US as we have flu cases, we could expect around 1,900,000 deaths (.05 * 38,000,000). Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I dumped the raw source data from the Johns Hopkins site (as of April 1) into a spread sheet and added a calculated column for mortality rate (deaths/cases). You can see it here. You can sort by any column.

• Mortality rate is far less than 5%. You are assuming that the number of confirmed cases is the actual number of infections.

Best mortality estimates I have seen (for USA) are between 1-1.5%.

Mortality also depends a lot on factors:

Preexisting conditions

Socioeconomic status

Education (yes, better educated people are more likely to follow guidelines & stay healthy)

Locale (not all countries have equal health care, nor do all regions in the US)

Is your healthcare system overwhelmed (bad), never seen this (bad), or do the doctors & nurses have both experience and a bed for you (best case).

There are likely other immunological factors that we don't know about. Prior exposure to a different Corona virus may be one of them (it's a big family)

Just throwing out quick & dirty mortality numbers isn't really helpful or accurate. Models are just models after all... and many of them have biases and inaccuracies - even worse, some have political agendas (this IS an election year on top of everything else.)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Just throwing out quick & dirty mortality numbers isn't really helpful or accurate. Models are just models after all... and many of them have biases and inaccuracies - even worse, some have political agendas (this IS an election year on top of everything else.)

That 5% didn't come from a model. It's simply the number of deaths reported by their tracker divided by the number of cases. It's entirely possible that the data being reported is incorrect, but that is the math based on the current data.

• 5149 / 216761 (deaths / cases in the US) comes out to .02375 or 2.375%

48175 / 959159 (world wide) is 5.022%

staggering numbers

that's assuming I did my math correctly

• Apparently you guys are much better at math than I am which was really not ever my fortes. I have a question. I see all these graphs, tables, predictions in the news. Are these just “extremely educated guesses” ?? Can’t another new epicenter break out at any time completely blowing up all predictions?? Perhaps I should have actually learned calculus instead of squeeking by with a barely passing grade promptly forgetting that nightmare:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Depending on the message you want to put forth is the way many slide the numbers or the calculation they use ....

This is the one I find most interesting because it does not rely on testing data or assumed numbers, just hard facts .... well.. other than China's numbers .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Some numbers I'm not seeing.

How many have been infected and recovered? They are sources of plasma to treat others.

How many have died on a respirator vs died without one being available?

How many have been successful treated with Chloroquine or blood plasma?

All these answers would be informative but don't fit the apocalyptic message the media is pushing.

• Apparently you guys are much better at math than I am which was really not ever my fortes. I have a question. I see all these graphs, tables, predictions in the news. Are these just “extremely educated guesses” ?? Can’t another new epicenter break out at any time completely blowing up all predictions?? Perhaps I should have actually learned calculus instead of squeeking by with a barely passing grade promptly forgetting that nightmare:00008172:

You're basically correct, Bill.

Much of the data is incomplete, a lot of what we see is projections - not data.

And yes, nobody's crystal ball is very good. We won't know the whole story until well after it's all over - and probably won't even then.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.