Is Sam Owens Here?

• Yeah he is/used to be(not quite sure there) until he threw a temper tantrum over something really silly at which point he decided to quit for the second time(allegedly).

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Good fella. Did a lot to promote the Slinshot and still does. No longer owns a Slingshot but is still making videos.

Youtube channel is Sam Owens.

Took all his content, his ball, and went to other realms where they really don't give a shit.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Very sad really, very knowledgeable guy and always ready to help the new fella.

Got upset over political stuff (not everyone agreed with him) and decided to abandon the forum. Several of us asked him nicely to reconsider, and he did - for about a week - then he boiled over again and left.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Very sad really, very knowledgeable guy and always ready to help the new fella.

Got upset over political stuff (not everyone agreed with him) and decided to abandon the forum. Several of us asked him nicely to reconsider, and he did - for about a week - then he boiled over again and left.

That was also the way it happened a year or so back, but I do not remember what that time was about. I never kept up with Sam and his video's so I did not know anything.

• That was also the way it happened a year or so back, but I do not remember what that time was about. I never kept up with Sam and his video's so I did not know anything.

last time someone gave him a dislike on something and eventually it was revelled it was by mistake and he took it wayyyyyyy to personable and took his ball and ran but came back. Now he grabbed his ball and the sandbox and ran away again. Grade school mentality from a grown man. X/ Sorry but i dont babysit anymore. I dont agree with attacking anyone but he was not attacked by any and just did not agree with anyone that believed in anything other than his political view when he tried to express it so he went away mad. :00008862:

• Sam was a good and very helpful guy. I believe we all should remember him that way and not throw darts at him. I kept his videos and I certainly would welcome him back. There are very few forum members, other than Rab, Dave, Funcycle, and a few others, who were as helpful as him.

No one has said anything but the truth, he made great videos for those who lacked simple mechanics common sense and was helpful as long as you didn't disagree with him, but that does not erase his childish tantrums befitting of a high school cheerleader.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Yeah, that is too bad. I follow most of the threads and even get a kick out of some of the comments in "Politics Suck" but, like with most other public forums, when I enter them, I leave religion and politics at the door.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Sam was a good and very helpful guy. I believe we all should remember him that way and not throw darts at him. I kept his videos and I certainly would welcome him back. There are very few forum members, other than Rab, Dave, Funcycle, and a few others, who were as helpful as him.

no darts thrown just the truth as seen. He was very helpful to alot of people self included but you cant deny the facts. More than welcome to come back but needs to grow up some and not let things like this get himself ruffled. If you dont like a certain thread then dont read it. Nothing was directed at him or any other members in the discussion that was threatening or disrespectful but opinions which everyone has and is entitled to express in a respective manner

• What I thought was funny about the whole thing was that he started the thread in question, and then got bent out of shape when everyone didn't agree with him.

He's been around long enough to know that you can't get more than 1 or 2 people in a crowded room to agree with you about most things.

The politics thread is the only one I don't read on here, I like too many of you to know better than to go in there and get disgusted with you :)

• On this forum the 'Political Sucks' thread has been around for a long time... The guys that post there for the most part LOVE to discuss different points of view and NEVER attach the person, the ideas maybe but not the person. I personally have learned a lot just 'listening' in on the conversations.

• I used to thoroughly enjoy his videos as well. They were very informative on a couple things I had to install but also watched many more just because. Some unrelated to what I was doing at the time but were useful info to have in the future and some videos I just watched to watch. Such as the rv ones, I don't have an rv but they were interesting regardless.

Anyways, I quit watching after the couple of melt downs he had here. Which was really unfortunate because I'm sure he could've contributed more in the future and remained a valuable member of this slingshot family. I wish him the best in whatever his future may hold but after he essentially attacked this forum and it's members on multiple separate occasions I took the time to dislike all his past videos and decided not to watch any more moving forward. My personal choice and to each their own but his actions and bipolar reactions were his right to do so and so were mine. His response hopefully made him feel better because I know mine did.

So moving on, anybody in the future that he didn't rub the wrong way will certainly benefit from his videos. There's alot of knowledge and information there to pick up on. :thumbsup:

• I tried watching a few of Sams videos when doing things to my Slingshot, but always ended up using other sources with written instructions. It has nothing to do with Sam or his videos, I just prefer written step by step instructions and find they work better for me than trying to start and stop video instructions.

Having said that I wish Sam nothing but the best and I hope he found his safe space where he doesn't have to hear anything he doesn't like - - - I don't understand the need for it, but I still hope he found it. :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Good fella. Did a lot to promote the Slinshot and still does. No longer owns a Slingshot but is still making videos.

Youtube channel is Sam Owens.

Took all his content, his ball, and went to other realms where they really don't give a shit.

Apparently, he still has one. He just uploaded another video a few minutes ago that shows how to remove the rear deck... I've learned a lot from him

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Apparently, he still has one. He just uploaded another video a few minutes ago that shows how to remove the rear deck... I've learned a lot from him

No, he sold it a while back and purchased and RV ... his Channel is monetized so he plays games to make it look like it is being updated regularly.

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I found his videos to work for a novice rider, it is always good to see how others do things and I didn’t always agree with his methods. I never said anything about it because I could see by his demeanor that he would get mad if I were to disagree. I just did it my way and all is good.
    I try to stay off the politics page because I like the slingshot guys for slingshots and not their politics. I’ve worked on several Governor’s campaign’s in IL and when you know Chicago politics it’s a eye opener. Some of the things I see posted are so off balance I find it better just keep quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro