Alignment with coilover install?

• Trying to decide if I want to buy coilovers or not. If I buy them will I need to get the slingshot aligned? If I do need it aligned can any alignment shop do it? I do not have a local Slingshot dealer is the reason I am asking. On the back I just need to set the belt tension correct? Any special tools needed?

thank you for any and all advice.

• Trying to decide if I want to buy coilovers or not. If I buy them will I need to get the slingshot aligned? If I do need it aligned can any alignment shop do it? I do not have a local Slingshot dealer is the reason I am asking. On the back I just need to set the belt tension correct? Any special tools needed?

If you do not change your ride height, you will not need an alignment.

As you lower the front of the Slingshot you will change the toe and that will need to be adjusted/checked.

As you lower the back you will also change the belt tension like you mentioned, it is pretty easy to adjust. Not sure if someone here has posted the procedure or not, hopefully someone will be able to chime in on that. If not, I can post a couple pictures from the manual that show how to do it, pretty easy.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Before you decide to change to the coil overs make sure that you check and write down the ground clearance for the stock shocks (FRONT and REAR) on your Slingshot. Then you can change to the coil overs and have a measurement to adjust to. You do not give your location but some of us have the Polaris alignment kit. :thumbsup: