New to Slingshots

• Good afternoon yall. I'm Jim and just traded in my Spyder RT Limited for a 2019 Slingshot Grand Touring and the difference is daylight and dark. I'm not used to doing a 7 hour trip and not being just absolutely worn out. It's kind of nice.

I'm retired infantry, dad of 4, been married for 16 years and live in North Texas. I'm a member of the Combat Vets Motorcycle Association and am generally an open book. I'm currently in seminary which is a big change from my infantry days so the SS isn't the only jump I've made recently.

Nice place yall have here. I hope to stick around.

• Welcome Jim,

You'll love the SS. Many (Most) of the SS drivers are ex-motorcycle riders too. You'll find a great community here.

1st - Put the credit card away for a while. Drive it for a couple months. Got to some of the get-to-gethers (GTGs) and see what other people have done. We all know we want to spend money on the SS's - and we all have stories about stuff we bought that we replaced later.

2nd - Go to some of the SS GTGs. I know there's one in Dallas coming up in a few weeks. Just had a big one in Galveston a couple weeks ago. I'm in Austin, but there are big riding groups in DFW, SA, & Houston too. I hate to say check FaceBook, but that's where most of them are posted.

3rd - Get a credit card your spouse doesn't know about, but see #1 above. These things get addicting and money can get spent really fast. There's a good number of us that have more money in aftermarket than we do in the original SS purchase. (I have turbo, wheels, roof, stereo, etc.)

• Oh I'm seeing that. I saw someone with a V8 mod and started ticking over on how long until...

The previous owner did a cold air intake and a few mild mods so I'm good on things like that for now but I'm in love. I take her to the VA today and am looking forward to it. Something about just winding through the gears and filling up a lane instead of being small enough for people to just shove into a lane and expecting me to move is nice.

Only thing I'm doing next is putting my CIB on the back and that's it because...ego.

• Welcome , get some good seat time. See what you think you might want. Then ask about it on here to get the answer. Do you really need that? Hell yes and we can really help you spend your money. Really, get plenty of seat time and smile time.

Keep Three Wheels Down