Larger Fuel Tank

• Does anyone else wish the Slingshot had more than a ten gallon tank? I searched the forum for previous discussions and wondered if any of the vendors offered one or if anyone had installed something on their own?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Does anyone else wish the Slingshot had more than a ten gallon tank? I searched the forum for previous discussions and wondered if any of the vendors offered one or if anyone had installed something on their own?

If you are careful and drive about 25 miles before you stop after fulling up...You can get 11 gals in..;)..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• IMO, there is not really enough room under the rear deck to justify the cost of trying to fit a slightly larger fuel tank. I'd imagine some creative engineering might figure out how to gain a gallon or two, but replacing the existing tank would be so much of a pain that I doubt there'd be very many customers for a new tank.

• Had this fella from California come to Slingshots in the Smokies 2019...

He was hitting different events across the US.

He had mounted an auxiliary fuel tank above his rear deck and had a rear wing.

As best i could tell, he ran a fuel line in through his fuel cap and used a petcock to drain the aux into the main tank. Said he used it on those long stretches of road when the next station might be too far out.

Personally, I am ready for a personal pit stop when I need fuel again.

Unfortunately, this was the only shot I managed to grab.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I completely agree, from everyone's perspective. For safety reasons, I would never attempt to engineer something that wasn't truly designed for the Slingshot and intended for that purpose, but I can relate to his need for something to get you across those long stretches. There are a lot of those out here, particularly across west Texas or the northern pan handle where there's nothing but cows and silos for hundreds of miles. Like you, I'm also ready for a stop after a few hundred miles anyway.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• You could use luggage racks with Jerry cans or a small utility trailer for long trips.

Dunno if I would want to ride with several gallons of gasoline 6 inches behind my head.- and especially not at highway speeds!

The other thing for me is that 300 miles is about 5-6 hours at least - I can't go more than that without a break!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Dunno if I would want to ride with several gallons of gasoline 6 inches behind my head.- and especially not at highway speeds!

The other thing for me is that 300 miles is about 5-6 hours at least - I can't go more than that without a break!

You already are. Well, maybe not your head but your back. There's 10 gallons right behind you.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

The only one I know of is a customer that fabricated a fuel cell to fit in the stock location, it was slightly bigger than the stock tank, but was done for other reasons than for extra capacity.

• I would think an army surplus metal gas can would be way better than a plastic one. Those are 5 gallon...I think. That’s another 150 miles....

that’s the reason you take your wife....when you run out she pushes ...

I’m not married... :/

• I have Side-Bye's and ATV/ATC's.......And gas up with gas cans...And no matter how careful i fill them, I sometimes get gas on my boots and the machines....And i would think where the fill spot is in the slingshot you will be spilling gas allover ...Not to mention on your boots, And smelling the fumes coming up as you drive..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Ditto! This sounds crazy but I think I’ve seen this Sling around Santa Monica

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎