What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Basically it comes down to affordability and temperament. Do you have the money to pay out a known amount (ie: $1200 now) for a policy to cover major repairs for a set time period vs do you have more than that amount to may for several expensive repairs if needed over the same time period? Also, how will you react once that time period has expired? Are you going to be glad you made the right choice to buy the extended warranty since it saved you X number of dollars? Or are you going to say "why did I toss away all that money to buy this coverage and I never used it?

Do you think that every year when you get your homeowners insurance? Why did I spend over $2,000 to insure my house again when I never needed it? Ask Bill Martin if he thinks that way. I'm sure he'll tell you that the hurricane damage and forcing him out of his house for over a year would have cost him many times over what he paid for his insurance.

You decide which choice to make, or flip a coin and let fate decide for you

Makes perfect sense. However YOU do not have the consideration of a warranty on a SLINGSHOT!!🤭

Do you have one on that thingamajig you drive? 😜:00008172:

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• In fact, I do. Just used it two weeks ago for a drive axel. It had a torn cv boot, but Vanderhall doesn't sell axel parts, so it was a full axel replacement. The job would have been about $450, but with the extended powertrain coverage I had, I only had a $50 deductible to pay. It cost me $100 to transfer the coverage, so I'm already ahead of the game. Anything else is a bonus

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have a 2019 SL with 15,000 miles on it and my warranty is up in the middle of May. This sling has been flawless and I’m just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on spending $1400 to extend it for three years or as EjFord would do put it in the tank!

On a serious note does anybody know of anything I should do dealer wise before the warranty expires because I’m not aware of any recalls or issues.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

So far, I've done all my work on the 2 Slingshots we've had. First one had 49k on it when I sold it, only recalls were done to it by Polaris. Second one I bought from a forum member bjk81 and only had 10,700 on it. It was supercharged most of those miles, and all I've had it. After two summers seasons, it now has around 36k. Most problems have been minor, and all I've fixed myself. If you are good with doing some backyard wrenching, I'd say pass. Instead, I put my money into a few parts known to fail. I have spare swing arm bearings and a spare angle drive that was given to me from a forum brother that I will not name here. I had already bought one, but it was in poor but rebuild-able shape so I gave that to a mechanic friend that has one also. Still have less than the extended warranty cost in them... and with being supercharged, they likely would not cover any of the issues I've had so far. Like mentioned, you have 15k miles and no real issues, I'd pass myself.

• Another "not a Slingshot mod" - but somewhat related - - threw together some scrap aluminum I have and some screws and 1 inch spacers and made a rack for my riding glasses next to my helmet rack next to the Slingshot - - - just a quickie Sunday fun thing to make things a bit more convenient and also protected from scratches 8)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Another "not a Slingshot mod" - but somewhat related - - threw together some scrap aluminum I have and some screws and 1 inch spacers and made a rack for my riding glasses next to my helmet rack next to the Slingshot - - - just a quickie Sunday fun thing to make things a bit more convenient and also protected from scratches 8)

Man retirement is FUN!!!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I have a new MadStad windshield to install that's still in the box. It's located close to the Slingshot, does that count? Cold here, other things at work and other taking up most of my time (other than following the 2 grandkids I have that are on HS varsity basketball teams local). I have a few things to do to the Slingshot before or soon after riding season starts. Flush the coolant and refresh. Change the supercharger oil. Install the new windshield.

And the most important one, find rattle in the Welter FSX exhaust and fix it. Might be a clamp, or might be internal. It's stainless, so if I take it all apart and shake the parts I should be able to tell where it's coming from. If internal, I'll cut it open and weld as needed, then weld it back together on the outside. Mine is less than 2 years old, need to fix it and run as there are few.... if any... options for boosted that sound good and exit the side. We get nearly no fumes being boosted with this exhaust system, I just want it back to where it was when new.

• After just not feeling like getting out and working on my Slingshot, I put the rear wheel back, checked the tire pressure on my Slingshot and Ford Edge and got it down on the ground so I can more easily get in it to see if I have a Clutch MC leak and then adjust the belt alignment and tension. I also cleaned up the tools I had laying around and cleaned the carport floor. I just haven't had any motivation to do anything for the last several months, but I really need to get my Slingshot back on the road, so I finally forced myself to go do something.

• A strange thing that seems to hold true. I'm an active person but during the winter months (up north) your limited. The more you do the more you feel like doing. The less you do the less you are motivated to do. Can't wait till spring!

• I have a new MadStad windshield to install that's still in the box. It's located close to the Slingshot, does that count? Cold here, other things at work and other taking up most of my time (other than following the 2 grandkids I have that are on HS varsity basketball teams local). I have a few things to do to the Slingshot before or soon after riding season starts. Flush the coolant and refresh. Change the supercharger oil. Install the new windshield.

And the most important one, find rattle in the Welter FSX exhaust and fix it. Might be a clamp, or might be internal. It's stainless, so if I take it all apart and shake the parts I should be able to tell where it's coming from. If internal, I'll cut it open and weld as needed, then weld it back together on the outside. Mine is less than 2 years old, need to fix it and run as there are few.... if any... options for boosted that sound good and exit the side. We get nearly no fumes being boosted with this exhaust system, I just want it back to where it was when new.

Hope you're able to repair the exhaust since they no longer produce it !

• A strange thing that seems to hold true. I'm an active person but during the winter months (up north) your limited. The more you do the more you feel like doing. The less you do the less you are motivated to do. Can't wait till spring!

Unfortunately, I don't really have weather as an excuse. We moved here from Northern Virginia and our lows are typically their highs, Was just outside with a sweatshirt on and started shivering even though the temp was 50F! While in VA, I rode my motorcycle all year round unless it was raining or snowing, Now, I'm too lazy to even put on cool weather gear.

It did feel good to finally get something done to start getting my Slingshot back on the road. Tomorrow I plan on refilling the Clutch reservoir and trying to get the clutch working again and to see how much it might leak.

You are going to like the madstad windshield. I really like mine and we rode for over 4200 miles and it was great.

I have a f4 plus 5 for sale if anyone interested.

I really like the versatility of opening or closing and with a little tilt it’s very comfortable.

After sayin all this, you probably have had one before, if not just my $ .02

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I done a fairly simple mod today. Not sure how it's going function until I can get a night ride in. I modified the outer light housing ever so slightly so it would accommodate a H1 led bulb. I had already swapped the h3 to an led but it was only moderately better than stock . these H1 bulbs are similar to what I have in the center lights...which are a HUGE improvement over stock. My only concern is the dispersion on the outer lights...am I going to be blinding oncoming drivers or is the lenses fairly focused in front of the vehicle??

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE