What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• BKL if yellow stitching was unavailable, You should have gotten the boot with white stitching and used one of the fabric paint markers to color them yellow. 😁

The black stitching didn't bother me. When I first bought the Lime accent SLR seats, I was concerned about the Lime seat accents clashing with the Yellow I had my Slingshot painted. I ordered some paint from Angelus Direct with the intention of recoloring the seat accents, but decided I was OK with the two colors. Angelus Direct specializes in paints and dyes for athletic shoes and vinyl products - https://angelusdirect.com/.

• perhaps if it is compatible they can provide the boot with it :thumbsup:

as a side note I have found some interesting things available when checking out the sites of vendors that make some of the things that the slingshot vendors like sling mods sell - - often times I have found things specifically for the slingshot that for some reason are not offered on the slingshot specific sites

they were kind enough to send me an email however it is not compatible with the Slingshot. The quest continues….

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have a 2019 SL with 15,000 miles on it and my warranty is up in the middle of May. This sling has been flawless and I’m just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on spending $1400 to extend it for three years or as EjFord would do put it in the tank!

On a serious note does anybody know of anything I should do dealer wise before the warranty expires because I’m not aware of any recalls or issues.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• I have a 2019 SL with 15,000 miles on it and my warranty is up in the middle of May. This sling has been flawless and I’m just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on spending $1400 to extend it for three years or as EjFord would do put it in the tank!

On a serious note does anybody know of anything I should do dealer wise before the warranty expires because I’m not aware of any recalls or issues.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

You know... it is always a crap shoot.

I did get an extended with my 2020 but did not with my 2019... I kinda looked at my 2020 as a first year model with all the changes they made compared to the 2019 I had.

It is almost a flip a coin type of decision....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I would say do not get the extended warranty, Now if it were the one with the new engine and transmission I would say yes.

• Purchasing the Polaris Extended warranty from one of the vendors associated with the forum will save some money as far as the cost goes.

The only reason I can see to purchase an extended warranty is for the peace-of-mind comfort knowing you're covered, just in case. You're betting you will have a problem and the warrant seller is betting you won't.

Since your Slingshot has almost gone 15000 miles with no problems, chances are you wont have any problems for the next few years.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

other than the recalls, the warranty has covered one push button start switch - one reverse switch - three angle drive seals. That is all that I remember in 100,000 miles

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I did put the 3 year extended warranty on mine. Mine is a 2016 and now has 90,000 miles on it. For me it was a good investment. Remember that the dealer has some play in what they charge for that service. This dealership in Michigan use to sell it at a good discount price. https://fixmytoys.com/ It can be used at any dealership... a call would not hurt.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

SoCal as others have said that price is nogoshable. I was able to get 3 years for a

1000 with a local dealer. That said if you don't use it's still not a good deal but I've had angle drive seals and a steering rack replaced under the extended warranty so I feel it was a good investment for ME.

• My thoughts are the biggest risk is out of the factory to cover human error or initial manufacturing defects like a hardening process. I've purchased an extended warrantee on a motorcycle a few years back and never used it. I used the factory warrantee on the current slingshot for a minor repair (clutch switch). Not a big deal but there was a small out-of-pocket charge, something like $50 bucks. I have an aftermarket turbo now so I didn't extend on the assumption that would void most issues. Today I look at it this way. If something major happened, could I handle the cost without any issues? If so, not getting the insurance is like self-insurance.

Make Your Own Dice Roller For Around $3- TUTORIAL - Spikey ...

• All good points and thank you!

I pretty much look at my Sling like a lot of Harley owners look at their motorcycles. I would like to just keep it forever. At the end of the day I think I’m going to just self insure as we are touring people and yes we rack up the miles but we really don’t push it. I did get the extended warranty on my 2016 and I believe it was worth it being so close to the original model. But the 2019 is the end of the road for that configuration and I do believe all the bugs have pretty much been worked out. Thank you all for the good advice.

• All good points and thank you!

I pretty much look at my Sling like a lot of Harley owners look at their motorcycles. I would like to just keep it forever. At the end of the day I think I’m going to just self insure as we are touring people and yes we rack up the miles but we really don’t push it. I did get the extended warranty on my 2016 and I believe it was worth it being so close to the original model. But the 2019 is the end of the road for that configuration and I do believe all the bugs have pretty much been worked out. Thank you all for the good advice.

At my wife's urging I did get the extended warranty when I bought my 2016 in April of 2017 - - I actually still have a couple of months left on it. - - - unless something happens in the time that is left the warranty was only good for piece of mind. early on I did take my Slingshot into the dealer for the "catastrophic" JK brake light issue and a new battery and they took about a week to fix it. being my daily driver I had to rent a car for that week, that was the only time I actually used the extended warranty and that was because it actually covers rental car expenses - - had to pay for the battery and the brake thing was covered by the normal warranty - - - if I had skipped the extended warranty and paid for the rental car out of pocket I would have saved money

all in all my Slingshot had been extremely reliable - one dead battery and a couple of recalls in 5 years - - - can't really complain about that - - - - - - oh and a cracked coolant tank that I replaced myself with the DDM, but it never got bad to the point where I couldn't ride

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Basically it comes down to affordability and temperament. Do you have the money to pay out a known amount (ie: $1200 now) for a policy to cover major repairs for a set time period vs do you have more than that amount to may for several expensive repairs if needed over the same time period? Also, how will you react once that time period has expired? Are you going to be glad you made the right choice to buy the extended warranty since it saved you X number of dollars? Or are you going to say "why did I toss away all that money to buy this coverage and I never used it?

Do you think that every year when you get your homeowners insurance? Why did I spend over $2,000 to insure my house again when I never needed it? Ask Bill Martin if he thinks that way. I'm sure he'll tell you that the hurricane damage and forcing him out of his house for over a year would have cost him many times over what he paid for his insurance.

You decide which choice to make, or flip a coin and let fate decide for you

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Basically it comes down to affordability and temperament. Do you have the money to pay out a known amount (ie: $1200 now) for a policy to cover major repairs for a set time period vs do you have more than that amount to may for several expensive repairs if needed over the same time period? Also, how will you react once that time period has expired? Are you going to be glad you made the right choice to buy the extended warranty since it saved you X number of dollars? Or are you going to say "why did I toss away all that money to buy this coverage and I never used it?

Do you think that every year when you get your homeowners insurance? Why did I spend over $2,000 to insure my house again when I never needed it? Ask Bill Martin if he thinks that way. I'm sure he'll tell you that the hurricane damage and forcing him out of his house for over a year would have cost him many times over what he paid for his insurance.

You decide which choice to make, or flip a coin and let fate decide for you

You could put that insurance payment in a separate savings account calling it self insurance. But 9 out of 10 people will never do that, if it is money, they are going to spend it.

• I would add that there is some amount of value in piece of mind - - - even if you never actually use the warranty simply knowing you have it is worth something

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies