What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• g is Sling is ready for SC install starting Monday.

EricRedSL

I've been looking into multiple threads on turbo chargers vs superchargers. My decision process (if I go forward) is for the most part aligned with yours. I will do the install myself. Biggest issue is garage space. I have none to spare. Most likely I will perform the work in the driveway when the weather forecast allows a few days of sunshine.

Please keep posted on your processes & good luck!

• I went SC over turbo because I think it will fit my driving style better and an easier install, although more expensive. Riding mostly back roads and really just wanted more passing power so I don't have to shift down to 3rd at 50mph when passing. I figured spend 5k instead of getting a new sling for 25k+ and mine as trade. I plan on installing over the next month depending if I run into any issues. I'll be unpacking the sc tomorrow and laying parts out in install order. I'm by no means a mechanic and will be installing with no help. So I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

• Okay, a question for the experts. Does anyone know if there are unused wires behind the switch blank on my dash that control the unused leads I found tied up behind my headlights? Or is anyone certain of what those unused leads are for? In an ideal world, someone will say the leads are for fog lights that didn't come with my model and an installed switch would turn them on and off. My fingers are crossed. Thanks in advance for your help.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Okay, a question for the experts. Does anyone know if there are unused wires behind the switch blank on my dash that control the unused leads I found tied up behind my headlights? Or is anyone certain of what those unused leads are for? In an ideal world, someone will say the leads are for fog lights that didn't come with my model and an installed switch would turn them on and off. My fingers are crossed. Thanks in advance for your help.

I believe those are for the Canadian lights but could be wrong

• As FunCycle said the older models have the wiring in place for the fog lights just need a switch and relay. Those wires terminate lower down than the ones you show. Assuming they are there on newer models

• I believe those are for the Canadian lights but could be wrong

Yep, the Canadian Headlights use a 3-wire connector since they support High and Low beams in Canada. IF you install the CH units here in the US and use MH4 LED bulbs, you'll have both High and Low beams if you use the 3-wire connector. The Outer Auxiliary Headlights are just two-wire Low beam units.

Looking at your engine compartment pics, it doesn't look like your Slingshot has the Fog Lights circuit installed. If you did, the Fog Light wires would terminate in front of the sway bar down near the out of focus bolt that is the lower bolt that holds the Lower Wing Assembly in place. IIRC, those wires were deleted from the wiring around the beginning of the 2017 model year.

• BKL or anybody else do you have a link to the plug in the pic above for Canadian lights? I know you've been working with lights. I'm planning a little rewiring this winter and prefer not cutting original wiring.

• BKL or anybody else do you have a link to the plug in the pic above for Canadian lights? I know you've been working with lights. I'm planning a little rewiring this winter and prefer not cutting original wiring.

This is supposed to be the same connector - https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DXHRD2Q/. I tried just connecting the male end from the kit to the female end on my Slingshot and both ends fit together well, but I didn't have any of the wire fingers inside the connector, so I can't be sure about the connection. IIIRC, it was somebody here (maybe wokka or someone else in response to something he posted) who recommended this connector.

• Okay, that solves the mystery of what the leads are for. They're definitely for the Canadian headlight conversion. I just watched the install vid on YouTube. So, my question now is, if I want to put fog lights on my splitter, what would be the best way to wire them up and is there anything already behind the dash that I can use? FunCycle suggested there is, but BKL pointed out that my 2019 may not be wired for them. There aren't any other unused leads anywhere under the hood that I can see around the anti-sway bar. Only the one for the Canadian lights.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Okay, that solves the mystery of what the leads are for. They're definitely for the Canadian headlight conversion. I just watched the install vid on YouTube. So, my question now is, if I want to put fog lights on my splitter, what would be the best way to wire them up and is there anything already behind the dash that I can use? FunCycle suggested there is, but BKL pointed out that my 2019 may not be wired for them. There aren't any other unused leads anywhere under the hood that I can see around the anti-sway bar. Only the one for the Canadian lights.

the 2015 and the 2016 have the fog light wires, I am not sure about the other years