What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I can tell you for a fact State Farm ain’t what they used to be. I had nothing but problems and am still having problems with them on rental properties from the hurricanes. The good hands people means they will punch you in the eye these days IMO :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I had State Farm also for 40 year are so. But no longer, I am with Progressive, Insured both Slings and the Harley for what State Farm wanted to insure the 2016 Sling for per year with better coverage. :thumbsup:

I looked around A LOT and could not find any coverage less expensive than they with the 500/250. Zip code means quit a bit too.

We shall see what they do when my renewal comes up.....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I looked around A LOT and could not find any coverage less expensive than they with the 500/250. Zip code means quit a bit too.

there is more to auto insurance than just the premium - - how they respond when you file a claim and than what happens to rates after they pay out are also very important. When I was much younger my father warned me to stay away from the discount / budget insurance companies that advertise unbelievably low prices - said the premiums might be low, but when the time comes for them to pay out or to fix the car they would be stingy and slow and might cut corners on the quality of work they would pay for. - - then there are the other companies that are great and promptly pay for quality work, but then either drop you like a hot rock or jack your rates through the roof

I have always preferred to go with the larger more reputable companies like State Farm, Allstate and the others that are well known and national brands

So far it sounds like you are being well taken care of and hopefully after this is done they will not over react when setting your future rates

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal so far everyone has been super nice and responsive. Let’s hope it continues that way.

Today I am getting in my truck and going to a hiking trail to walk today as the Miss’ “wants to get out “. Beware the slingless life, it involves exercise😮

SoCal - well, get out there and enjoy the day - - looks like its going to be good one on this side of the mountain and I suspect it will be nice over there as well.

Today we are having a mobil groomer come by to get my boy Bolt all clean and fresh for the holidays - - He has never been "groomed" before so hopefully all will go well - - - at 100 pounds he can be a handful so I am keeping my fingers crossed that he is comfortable with this process

after that is done we have to go by the Honey baked ham store in Rancho Mirage and pick up 2 hams

that will probably be the extent of our travels today

anyway enjoy hiking and have fun :)

• Tripod - - those are little guys compared to my boy - one of the reasons why I chose the mobil groomer that coming is that their vans are equipped with large "walk-in" style tubs - don't even want to try lifting the Bolt boy - -last month the Vet said he was up to 107 pounds, but he has been on a diet so I think he's down a bit from that now

i-T9G2Q2P-X2.jpg

• I looked around A LOT and could not find any coverage less expensive than they with the 500/250. Zip code means quit a bit too.

Check with Dan in Houston...
    pasted-from-clipboard.png

He has been insuring Slingshot since day 1, several companies and many different states. One problem is that lots of different companies won't insure the Slingshot.

• Nice Eric! My turbo install continued today as well. I'd put it at 90%. Thought I had it all parts wise, but realized I'm missing a t-post hose clamp and I need a proper valve seat for this wastegate. Pretty sure I got sent the wrong one but will find out on Monday for sure.... Too cold to really ride anyway, but dang I want to hear it run lol! Keep us updated on your install!

Since I'm just holding shit, fetching tools, or doing stuff my buddy trusts I won't screw up related to this install.. I have time to ask questions and write this to keep track of it, been fun to see the progress - Turbo work continues...

• Hope you get it repaired or replaced.

Your travel photos are nothing short of legendary.

Best wishes.

Wow! Thank you! As a kid in New Hampshire reading Cycle World from my bedroom with 20 below zero outside in the winter my hope is that some in the same boat can live vicariously with our trips. Or perhaps help them plan their own for the future. The greater southwest and California coast is incredible with year 'round riding.

It is starting to look like I will get my "ol girl" back so I am optimistic. I should hear back from the powers that be definitively next week.

I am going to visit her in the ICU and perhaps speak to the shop on an ETA for parts and completion. This is riding season and we want back on the road!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎