Jared & Ross & Randy & Doug's Excellent Adventure

• Day 3. Breakfast at 0430 local at the truck stop, on the road at 0500, just to hit Mountain Time 20 minutes down the road. 550 miles or so traveled today, just over 14 hours elapsed time.

Leaving the harsh halon lights of the truck stop, the jet blackness of the pre-dawn crowded our Slings, held at bay only by the white-and-red of our lights as we pushed down 90W. Chasing each other's tail lights, seeing the blackness around us fade to a smooth grey twilight, soft in a visual way like fleece feels, the details of the rolling prairie slowly coming into focus as the skyline in our mirrors behind us started to edge into peach and rose colors. It was a perfect drive.

We got to the Badlands just a few minutes before the sun crested the horizon. Several pictures from just inside the park, including a grazing ram sheep, who was not at all impressed by the red Slingshots, but seemed like he might have gone for a ride in the Blue Fire, if I had but asked. @Ross has those pics.

Then on to Custer State Park, some twisties through the hills, past Rushmore and on to the Needles amd through Spearfish Canyon. Stopped at Bridal Veil Falls for a stretch of the legs before pushing through for gas and back onto 90W.

Then into WY on 90, some long rolling hills, dodging a couple storms, until Buffalo WY. Then the last 90 miles, over a 9660 ft peak and a thoroughly awesome last hour and a half in the saddle, to Worland, WY.

Tomorrow is Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth Pass, Red Lodge, MT, and a meetup with @SlingLow in Great Falls, to set us up for a run through Glacier National Park Thursday AM before hitting the border.

We're tired, a bit sore, grimy from the road, our machines are filthy, and wouldn't have it any other way.

• We're tired, a bit sore, grimy from the road, our machines are filthy, and wouldn't have it any other way.

At peace with the universe. While doing a run like you are attempting, I clean the windshield on occasion. Usually at the gas stop, as everything is already so dirty that a little runoff from the squeegee won't even be noticed. Epic trip, and one that all others will be judged against!

• It's very hard to just sit here waiting to start work this morning. I'm really jonesin to jump in the sling and haul ass to meet up with you guys in Great Falls!
    Oh well.. customers have to come first dammit. My trip starts tomorrow and I'll get to meet you all Friday morning!

• Epic trip so far! Stay safe and keep on posting. I love following this trip from my desk at work. :(

And I'm with @BryanL you all making me want to brave the 105* heat and jump in my SS.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Well, I'll post the whole thing later when we're in for the night, but we ran Chief Joseph and Beartooth this morning, currently eating lunch in Red Lodge before heading North to meet up with @SlingLow. That. Drive. Was. Epic! Put it on your bucket list!

Oh, and teaser.....we met another Slingshot! First one in 2200+ miles!

• Well, I'll post the whole thing later when we're in for the night, but we ran Chief Joseph and Beartooth this morning, currently eating lunch in Red Lodge before heading North to meet up with @SlingLow. That. Drive. Was. Epic! Put it on your bucket list!

Oh, and teaser.....we met another Slingshot! First one in 2200+ miles!

I love that ride. Done it several times on two wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter