• I don't believe there is much accuracy in the stock speedo after the 120 mark. At the track some drives came track thinking they were doing 140+ but the GPS and timing software showed 126mph to 131mph and that was on a straight away coming out of a 90mph turn with Superchargers and Turbos.
    I don't think we had anything near that at Wanna Go fast and those boys were pushing some serious ponies.
    My personal opinion is you can only make a brick go so fast and the Slingshot has to many aerodynamic flaws to max out over the 140+
    Hope I am wrong but I haven't seen anything that show documented that kind of speed.

just my thoughts - hope no one take offence it is not meant that way

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I hit the fastest I have ever been in the sling yesterday...the speedo was just over 130. I had plenty of space and power left, I just didn't feel safe with the fenders flapping around. I do know that my rear tire is .2% smaller than the stock tires, so that will throw it off a little. I also have a hard time believing the speedometer. I plan on checking it out again using GPS sometime later this week when the weather is nice again.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I hit the fastest I have ever been in the sling yesterday...the speedo was just over 130. I had plenty of space and power left, I just didn't feel safe with the fenders flapping around. I do know that my rear tire is .2% smaller than the stock tires, so that will throw it off a little. I also have a hard time believing the speedometer. I plan on checking it out again using GPS sometime later this week when the weather is nice again.

I am going to check my on board factory GPS against my personal GPS because the factory unit and the speedo seems to be in lock step. Not sure I believe my speedo could be that accurate.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I don't believe there is much accuracy in the stock speedo after the 120 mark. At the track some drives came track thinking they were doing 140+ but the GPS and timing software showed 126mph to 131mph and that was on a straight away coming out of a 90mph turn with Superchargers and Turbos.
    I don't think we had anything near that at Wanna Go fast and those boys were pushing some serious ponies.
    My personal opinion is you can only make a brick go so fast and the Slingshot has to many aerodynamic flaws to max out over the 140+
    Hope I am wrong but I haven't seen anything that show documented that kind of speed.

You're pretty much spot in @MACAWS. When I do runs like this over here, the gps on the phone is in the mid 130's. That's on flat long ass straight highway.

• 132mph is as fastest I got out of her (speed verified a few times using my phone) ~> Not that I speed or anything... but I gave her all she had. To go any faster would require a bigger hyfa-dufa-lator valve, stronger dilithium crystals, and copious amounts of duct tape to hold it all together! :P

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Must be boosted... Or maybe wheel/tires are really off?

160mph on a video posted to Instagram... I just took a screenshot...

Or he's got it changed to kph, which looks the same on the analog speedometer.

Otherwise I'd say he has it in a dyno.

If I did IG, I'd call bullshit and tell him to post the whole instrument cluster.

115 mph by speedo I think I was showing the same thing on GPS, my memory fails me since I am so old. With no Turbo or Super Charger

• My 2cents... The speedo may indeed be somewhat accurate. I find that cruising at any speeds at or above 75 MPH, the rear tire starts to lose traction and starts spinning/scrubbing a bit -- especially over bumpy concrete. With super-soft Mickey Thompson tires, 75+ MPH cruising leaves little rubber strings all over the tread. At cruising speeds at or under 70 MPH, the tire tread is smooth. This is in both hot and cold cruising conditions. I try and keep cruising speeds down to where I don't see any little rubber strings on the tread. This may also explain why I can still see the nibs on the tread on my MT ET Street-R rear tire with over 1500 miles on it and why the stock Kendas started feeling "greasy" at higher cruising speeds -- they were continually slipping.

Maybe time for a rear wing?

• i have never been over 120,

Ya'll did notice that he put a comma after the "120," so recon when Paul Harvey will be along to tell the rest of the story?

He's never been over 120,,,,,,,,in second gear
    He's never been over 120,,,,,,,,in reverse
    He's never been over 120,,,,,,,,on his drive way
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868