2018 Slingshot Calendar (official thread)

• @Ross, I'll bump the posts I made on FB....do you want me to mention the decreased cost for ordering two or more, or just leave that out?

• ITS only had 110 views there but since it didn get posted till late sunday eve that's expected , maybe @EjFord or somebody could keep an eye on it and bump it for us as it starts to get into Thursday or Friday ? Its posted on T.D.S as 2018 SLINGSHOT CALENDARS NOW AVAILABLE

Post it when the Chinese hackers are on there - you will get thousands of hits in now time.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Post it when the Chinese hackers are on there - you will get thousands of hits in now time.

Funny how things happen in cycles. I read over on TDS before this site was created (Thanks @rabtech). Not sure I ever posted, seemed to be overrun with jerks and know it alls, that really didn't know much of anything. Mostly just looked at the things for sale, and read about problems or things people were doing to the SS. But it was active, and many people were posting there at that time. This place has a different feel entirely, and I think it will stay strong for a long time going forward. As for TDS, it might as well stand for The Dead Site.....

• Funny how things happen in cycles. I read over on TDS before this site was created (Thanks @rabtech). Not sure I ever posted, seemed to be overrun with jerks and know it alls, that really didn't know much of anything. Mostly just looked at the things for sale, and read about problems or things people were doing to the SS. But it was active, and many people were posting there at that time. This place has a different feel entirely, and I think it will stay strong for a long time going forward. As for TDS, it might as well stand for The Dead Site.....

It is interesting to me the change on TDS just in the last year. I started out there and there was quite a bit of back and forth on mods and service issues. Now it seems that many of those posts are from 1st time posters, and even when they get responses they never come back with a 2nd post on their own threads. There are those that are willing to help out but they get nothing back in return. There does not seem to be any camaraderie among the members like this forum.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Pretty incredible business case, if you think about it. Not that this is a business, but if the customers aren't happy, they'll go elsewhere.

I resemble that remark! And thanks to all for letting me a part of this forum (like you could get rid of me. I'm like a bad rash - I just keep coming back)!

Come to think of it @Tripod, the change seems to have started about the time you quit posting over there...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The problem over there, was that it WAS (& still is) a business. Here, it’s all about Slingshots & “family”...

Yup, somebody bought them a year or more ago, as I recall. Maybe we should pool our resources and offer the $20 the site is worth. Make the homepage a redirect to here.

All "family" here. True, and important to me.

• It is interesting to me the change on TDS just in the last year. I started out there and there was quite a bit of back and forth on mods and service issues. Now it seems that many of those posts are from 1st time posters, and even when they get responses they never come back with a 2nd post on their own threads. There are those that are willing to help out but they get nothing back in return. There does not seem to be any camaraderie among the members like this forum.

The core group of TDS that made it work moved here & TDS has been rapidly declining ever since.

I wasnt around over a year ago , so I missed all the fun over there, but as a vender I do have to follow both regularily and I couldn't agree more with what @SlingLow and @Tripod say above ! The personal comraderie over there, while there is some, cant even hold a candle to this site ! :thumbup:

• Most everyone on this forum, knows my story and how the Slingshot saved my life, and it all would not have happened if it was not for this spectacular family we have here, that give me the encouragement to get out and ride EVERY day. The friendships I have developed here are more meaningful then most of my relationships with family, at least here I know I can count on everyone for support, help and friendship. I LOVE THIS FAMILY ....

Mutual feelings here brother!
    Merry Christmas - Happy New Year!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!