Slingventure to the Magical House of Paint!

• Thank you all! I agree it could have been worse. I'm very thankful. And really I wasn't even upset about it... Yeah, it bummed me a bit, but it also put things in perspective.

And I've decided... No more rain! And will need to buy or at least rent a trailer for any long distance traveling...

Stay safe out there my friends! :saint:

• Thank you all! I agree it could have been worse. I'm very thankful. And really I wasn't even upset about it... Yeah, it bummed me a bit, but it also put things in perspective.

And I've decided... No more rain! And will need to buy or at least rent a trailer for any long distance traveling...

Hey @MiM!!!!!
    I feel so special, I was honored to see the original.
    3 months from now it will be nothing but a cool story. "There I was, doing 120 mph in a hurricane"
    :D

@MiM I am glad that you are ok and that nothing "major" happened, man this was a depressing post to read early friday morning.

Welcome to the fair weather rider club, if rain is in the forecast I don't ride, if i get caught in it speeds gets halved or brought down to never exceed 30 mph.

People always call me a p*ssy for that rule but I've had several close calls on two wheels and learned my lesson.

Hopefully you can have that beauty put together soon.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @MiM
    Ok buddy that is a hard lesson learned but you are good and like all have said could have been a lot worse. Ok first thing , parts are ordered, parts are sent to that marvelous guy you know as @Painter,and all can be fixed. Second thing, you know how to put it back together. Third thing, park it where you cannot see left side for awhile. The right still looks great.
    Ok if I can help from here you just call. Again glad you are ok.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• So sorry this happened to you MiM! I know the pain of a wrecked Sling and I'm glad you kept your Zen. Swapping ends is never fun (on pavement), and give yourself some credit for reeling it in without major damage to you or your machine. You'll get that purdy thing back together in no time!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Damn.. that is all I can say.. Damn...

I saw @MiM 's bloody fingers from all that sanding. (don't go there tripod).

so glad you are OK and all is well (except for the scratches and wheel). He can fix it. He has the technology. He is the master.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Just got home and fired up the iPad only to see this!!!!

@MiM I'm so glad you are ok!!!!
    Didn't we talk a little about driving in the rain, puddles, etc???

Nevertheless, as many know me and have stated, I'll get you fixed up good as new .... no charge! Just get some panels to me and I'll take care of the rest. Marco is Family and we all take care of our own!

Kudos to Trent and the Houston riders for the assist! You're in the right place..... Here!

• Damn @MiM , I think your buffing compound was a little heavy. ;( Or you used 20 grit instead of 2000 grit to wet sand 8| Either way, you're OK and it's just a sling. I agree with @Slingrazor, in a few weeks you'll start saying you were trying to do something crazy, .....hold my beer and watch this sh#t :thumbsup: stay safe bud!

• So this tidal wave came out of nowhere! I floored the Sling trying to get ahead of it... Must have hit 120mph... But it was not good enough... The wave came crashing down on us (I was with Heidi Klum at the time)... The rear tire squealed like a banshee... I yelled, "Easyyyyy big fellaaaaa!!!" as we spun about 57 times, carving in between traffic and gunfire (this happened in Chicago (no offense to anyone from Chicago))... And all we had was some minor scrapes... Needless to say I got lucky that night... The rush excited Heidi... :00000019:

How's that @Slingrazor? @Shatneyman? :00007555:

• So this tidal wave came out of nowhere! I floored the Sling trying to get ahead of it... Must have hit 120mph... But it was not good enough... The wave came crashing down on us (I was with Heidi Klum at the time)... The rear tire squealed like a banshee... I yelled, "Easyyyyy big fellaaaaa!!!" as we spun about 57 times, carving in between traffic and gunfire (this happened in Chicago (no offense to anyone from Chicago))... And all we had was some minor scrapes... Needless to say I got lucky that night... The rush excited Heidi... :00000019:

How's that @Slingrazor? @Shatneyman? :00007555:

Marco Klum bahahahaha

• Thanks Anita! Appreciate the hug... :D
    As for this...

I could lecture you...

Already got that from my wife... ;(

As soon as I called too, right after it happened... "How fast were you going? I told you about that Sling... It isn't safe!, etc..."

And now that I've already ordered the repair parts... Well, cosmetic repairs (hopefully nothing mechanically or structurally is wrong)... I am definitely in the dog house for any more mods... ;(

Especially that RD, MeanSling sport top... :(

• Already got that from my wife...

Good for her.......... seriously- it could have been soooooo much worse! Very glad you are ok, and with the whopper you can create.......... not even much bruising to the ego! (do your kids at school know what you drive? You might just be the coolest principal in the history of public schools!) The ss will be good as new before the school year starts!