Recall on swingarm recall?

• Got the email saying my Slingshot was part of the grommet recall. I know they're there, but I guess I'll still go by a dealer at some point just to get the recall label.

Exactly my thoughts. I checked and the grommets are there. I don't know if they came before the swing are recall or after as those were done before I bought my SL, but I will not worry about it until my next service.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My dealer I bought it from and that has done all my work up to now is one hour and 40 minutes drive from my house. One way. I'll text them a picture. If that's not good enough, they can wait until I need to come in. Which will be at another dealer by the way. We have a new dealer is only an hour and 15 minutes away. But I'm not driving down for them to check me off. They can kiss it.... Polaris has inconvenienced me plenty as it is! They will see it at my convenience, not theirs. They don't worry about fixing something that's broken quickly. Really bothers me to take off on a trip in the SS, thinking if something breaks, it might not only ruin my vacation, but cost me big. Leave it there, rent a car to come home. Wait 2-3 weeks for it to be approved, and parts and the job done. Rent another car, go retrieve the SS. GM doesn't work that way. Ford doesn't work that way. Not a car you say? Harley doesn't work that way, nor does Indian. They need to step up their game on this.

I'm so frustrated with the overall mechanics quality that work on the Slingshots, I'm thinking of only taking mine in for major cost related issues only. For all other things, I'll just fix it myself, out of pocket. At least I know it will be done right.

• No recall from Polaris Britain yet...
    It looks like they are maintaining their usual (low) standards.

:00006725: Polaris Britain smilies :00006725:

I just got a message, from another British SlingShot rider...
    He hasn't yet, even, had a recall for the original work to be be done.

:00006725: Polaris Britain :00006725:

Someone now needs disciplining. This is not the way to run a company.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Got the Polaris safety recall email a couple of days ago. I called my dealer (Interstate Cycle, Mooresville NC) yesterday to schedule an appt to have the grommets installed. I made an appt with the Service Mgr (3rd one in 2 years) for next Friday and they asked if I could leave it. Since I am 41 miles away, I stated that was not an option and I would wait. While I was on the phone with them, the phone rang and they put me on hold and when they came back on after a couple of minutes, they informed me the grommets had not arrived. I was wanting to ask why in the world would you make me an appt when the parts are not in but I stated to them to call me when they arrived and we can make an appt. Additionally, I told them, just to reiterate, do not call me until you have the grommets in hand.

• There is no reason to leave the SS at the dealership for this 2nd recall. It should take less than 1 minute to install 2 rubber plugs...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Received official snail mail recall on the recall notice today; had previously received email notification from Polaris:

I'll be waiting for my letter... Then calling that Polaris national number... I'll give my spiel and hope something positive comes out of it... New swingarm again or warranty extension... Something!

• Stopped by Tousley Motorsports today to talk to them regarding the recall.

I explained that my swingarm recall was performed at motoprimo at the time of purchase and that i have been running without grommets for the past 6 months and brought up all the concerns presented in this thread earlier.

They said that unfortunately since there is nothing "wrong" with my bike all they would do is do a basic visual inspection then just install the plugs.

No flushing or anything that would satisfy me, he basically said that from polaris perspective it is up to motoprimo to own up to their mistake and go beyond the install of new plugs in order to keep me happy.

Basically all that polaris is having them do is put the plugs in and call it a day unless there are other issues present and a metric shit ton of debris(rocks,sand) inside the swingarm is not considered a problem, I walked out rather upset not at tousley but at the fact that I might be left with a ticking bomb of components waiting to fail due to dealer incompetency.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I'm not sure what Polaris is trying to tell you @Tripod but you might need to worry when they send you a knife and a plug with the letter

The recall letter comes with LED lighting, just plug it in - unfortunately, only 1/2 the lights work so there will be a recall on the recall on the recall. On the back of the letter they explain that the knife is for stabbing your service tech to death if they failed to transfer over your old grommets. Fortunately for my tech, he gets to live. They provided a dull butter knife to make deaths as painful as possible...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Ok I just recieved my offcial swing arm recall recall letter...so if I got this letter would I be correct in assuming that my swing arm has been replaced? The letter specifically says it pertains to my vehicle. I already checked and my grommets are in place...

• Didn't get the letter yet but my plugs are missing after they changed the swing air and yes these dealers really need to get Techs that are a little smarter. Gezz when you take the new arm out of the box don't you look it over to see if everything looks like it should. I mean these are pretty large holes. My old arm had the plugs. WTF :00000007:

PAX SUPERIORE VI TELARUM

• Got the snail mail today. Nothing yet by email. My recall was done months ago and as soon as I saw the thread about the plugs I check and they are in place. I did add an M6 bolt to close up the open hole. The funny part is, first thing this morning, I called my dealer to arrange to get a state inspection and 5000 mile service this coming friday. I guess they will slap another recall completed sticker on while I'm there.

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS: