Curb Rash Minus the Curb

• Please please calm down. We aren't a bunch of liberals that heard a thing they don't like! Oops, wrong thread.

Does that mean if we hire some illegals to burn it down, the burning and pillaging is back on???????

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Yes, but my legs are sore from running. So let's just have them drop off the pillaged goods at a storage locker somewhere. We can sift through the spoils later. @TheRock gets dibs on a set of wheels.

Ok...I'm good with that....now my weekend has meaning again!!! YAY!!! :00000441::00000441:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I've been in this situation before twice. I gave them the option of attempting to have them repaired, with the understanding that if it isn't up to my standards, it would need to be replaced. One time I was completely satisfied with the repair, another time, it had to be replaced.
    It's amazing how well some of these repair companies can fix things.

Once you are satisfied...... Then burn the shop to the ground. It's only fair.

• I've been in this situation before twice. I gave them the option of attempting to have them repaired, with the understanding that if it isn't up to my standards, it would need to be replaced. One time I was completely satisfied with the repair, another time, it had to be replaced.
    It's amazing how well some of these repair companies can fix things.

Once you are satisfied...... Then burn the shop to the ground. It's only fair.

Love it. That last line should be a signature, or maybe on a hallmark card?

• I touched a curb with my new wheels but my fault.. I never fix but always replace. But since my fault I figured I would
    see what I could do since out of my pocket..
    1/2 hour work with Scotch Brite pad on sander and told few people and they could not find it.

But this was my fault. You know yourself if they fix it you yourself will know it was fixed and you will
    always say should have replaced since someone else damaged it not yourself..
    Replace !!!!

• Sorry to hear about your troubles ,a damaged rim is always my biggest fear when taking a vehicle to get tires replaced.

I always ask to take a video of the vehicle right before the guy/gal drives it into the bay, a little paranoid yeah i know but unfortunately i have had to deal with businesses who tried to get out of owning up to their mistakes.

My personal rule of thump is that repair must cost less than half of what replace would cost for it to be worth it, in this case for you they are the same so no reason to even think about repairing them.

If it was me, I would have them replace the wheel and after everything is set and done to my satisfaction, I would leave them a star review on their website and yelp.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Are those stock base wheels in silver?
    They look great - I am dropping mine off for the same color this week

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• So my drama continues... yesterday when we discussed the issue, the guy behind the desk said I could let them know today how I wanted to proceed. I slapped the stock wheels back on to drive the Sling up there, it is an absolutely gorgeous day here today! I get up there and they have already handed my rims off to the rim repair guy... :thumbdown: What happened to waiting to hear from me on how I wanted to proceed?? So I did voice that that was kind of jacked up but I guess they are trying to avoid delays on "making it right." The guy keeps telling me, that we wouldn't even be having this discussion if they didn't mess up. I'm not sure why, but every time he says it I feel like :00000003: NO SHIT! we wouldn't be having this discussion if you didn't screw up. That's why I'm wasting this beautiful day sitting here talking about this instead of being out riding. I guess I'm a push over, I agreed that I would wait to see how they look when they come back, but if I'm not 100% satisfied, then we go from there...

I have a bad feeling that this is going to end up in wheel replacement, but is going to take forever in the process.