Curb Rash Minus the Curb

• So, I took my wheels to the local tire shop to get my new Nitto 555 G2s mounted and balanced this morning. I used this specific tire shop because I have used them for my truck and my wife's car with good results. So I get to the shop this afternoon to pick up my wheels and the front desk guy meets me in the parking lot. He asks me come inside the garage portion of the shop, that we need to talk. I immediately knew this was not good news. They aren't too bad, but they are bad enough. The guy was extremely polite, apologized profusely, offered to have the wheels repaired and painted (or whatever it took to make me happy.) He never specifically said that replacing the wheel was an option, but I feel like he eluded to it. So my question is this, are repaired and painted wheels an acceptable offer or should I be insisting that these guys replace the damaged rims?

I didn't take a full picture of either rim, but on one of the wheels every single spoke is rashed...

• How about option number 3? Keep the wheels the way they are for track days or whenever you want to play rough and buy a new set of aftermarket wheels of your choice at their expense? It would dress up the look to whatever style you'd like and it would be cheaper for them to pay for 3 aftermarket wheels than for 3 new Polaris wheels

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• They deserved it. Floor mats my white rump! Burn em all Rock.

Why would you want this. It sounds like the place wants to make it right. Crap happens we don't know how this happened, could have been an inexperienced worker just starting out or something broke on the machine or just pure incompetence on the person changing the tire.
    Don't settle for a repaired rim, get a replacement but no need to burn the business's name if they are willing to come good for their screw up.

• Full replacement!! I'm assuming those rims were not cheap, and if you took perfect rims in, you should expect nothing less in return. They sound like they will make it right, just hoping for the cheapest way out on their end if possible. Some folks might even be Ok with getting them repaired, but why settle for them to, A) Damage your property and then B) Turn around and somehow think "repaired" is the acceptable course of action. No says I........replacement is the only course of action......pleaseandthankyou..........

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Ouch! So sorry to hear that Rocky!

I would go for replacement. Rim manufacturers go to great lengths to make sure that the rims balance, and as noted above, have no stress fractures. You have no ability nor do they to to assess the true damage. Keep in mind, that Polaris is replacing the swing arms. Dealers have no ability to assess the risks, so they just replace.

They won't pay, rather their insurance will pay. That is why they have insurance. And, the insurance company will make sure that they are more thoughtful next time.

Best case, you end up walking home one day. Worst case, well, we don't want to think about that. And the last thing you want to do is keep the damaged rims for track day. The way you ride, you will find any faults with undesirable consequences. I would be very pleased to pass your sorry arse in April, but not if you are licking wounds on the grass due to this error. That would not be cool - and I am as cool as cool can be.

And yes, keep the combustibles at home. If they are willing to work something out, no need for extreme measures. Stuff happens. Kudos to them for not trying to just buff it out and sneak it past you.

I'm yer' buddy, and I can't see how you can tell if your rims are safe. Make them swallow the tough pill. If you don't get satisfaction, let us know. Cameron and I will handle the punishment with extreme prejudice and efficiency. And, because we are buddies, we will let you in on the fun. But, let that be plan B.

Best,

• I'm pretty sure you all are just seeing @Cameron Roberts' humor on display. No one is burning anything down...

Party Pooper!!!! Some of us like to see things burn!! :00000003::00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

Edited once, last by roadog1aj ().

• I'm pretty sure you all are just seeing @Cameron Roberts' humor on display. No one is burning anything down...

Don't bet on that. I'm with Cameron dude if things don't go your way.

And, don't underestimate abilities or determination.

Talk to the offenders. Report that everything is resolved. Then your assertions are moot. Just chit-chat kinda stuff.

• Now, that sounds like a place I'd do business with again. Not only did they tell you about it, they offered to take care of it, to your satisfaction!

I'd replace.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• No no no. We must be completely civilized and settle any disputes as the gentlemen that we are. Unless...?

Wait...what??!!! I thought something was going to burn!!!! I was sure there would be burning, and maybe even a little pillaging sprinkled in for good measure!! Oh Bother.......no burning, no pillaging.......there goes my whole frickin weekend now.......
    Do whatever you want with those rims....with no burning of buildings, what's it matter now????

• Wait...what??!!! I thought something was going to burn!!!! I was sure there would be burning, and maybe even a little pillaging sprinkled in for good measure!! Oh Bother.......no burning, no pillaging.......there goes my whole frickin weekend now.......
    Do whatever you want with those rims....with no burning of buildings, what's it matter now????

Please please calm down. We aren't a bunch of liberals that heard a thing they don't like! Oops, wrong thread.