LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• I had my recall work done last week also. My dealer told me they have to pay for the swingarms and when they replace one they send it in for credit. They had several so I'm not sure why he gets them and other dealers don't. Maybe they don't want to pay for them?

• I'll also be interested to see if they are offering the replacement swingarms in the same white I currently have. I don't see why they wouldn't, but that might be a large assumption to make based on track record...

• I'll also be interested to see if they are offering the replacement swingarms in the same white I currently have. I don't see why they wouldn't, but that might be a large assumption to make based on track record...

Not trying to be a smart ass, but would it not be safe to assume that Polaris will color match each swingarm according to the color of the swing arm at the time of purchase? I don't know what the expectation level should be for custom or aftermarket paint jobs.

• Not trying to be a smart ass, but would it not be safe to assume that Polaris will color match each swingarm according to the color of the swing arm at the time of purchase? I don't know what the expectation level should be for custom or aftermarket paint jobs.

Nope, what you get is what came with your stock SS when you bought it. That is what my dealer said. If it was me and had painted my swing arm I would not do the recall until I had a problem.

• Not trying to be a smart ass, but would it not be safe to assume that Polaris will color match each swingarm according to the color of the swing arm at the time of purchase? I don't know what the expectation level should be for custom or aftermarket paint jobs.

Well, mine came from the factory painted white, but this whole process has been so shoddy and haphazard (as far as I can see) that am really suspicious that they'll get it right.

• Well, mine came from the factory painted white, but this whole process has been so shoddy and haphazard (as far as I can see) that am really suspicious that they'll get it right.

Actually, as far as recalls go, considering that Polaris is replacing over 17000 swing-arms, I don't think they're doing that bad a job. Based on what I've read from several folks who claim they have already gotten their swing-arm replaced, it sounds like the new unit is a noticeable improvement over the original. Since Polaris has described the recall as caused by poor casting technique/QC by their sub-contractor, it is unlikely Polaris provided a new design to address the bearing issue, but, IIRC, at least one of the posters reported that the new swing-arm seemed quieter.
    I've had my Hahn Turbo ready to install since early December 2016 and am probably going to wait until after I get the swing-arm recall done before installing the turbo,. although I must admit I keep wanting to get things going!

• I just got my recall notice also. I think it is super funny :00000156::00010166: because my dealer has the parts already, and the Swing Arm came in Gray. In the meantime he had it already color matched powder coated the swingarm, but he is waiting foe the delivery of my new suspension, Sway Bar parts to make also sure they match my SUPER FAST (WARP SPEED X 10) Red color if not it will be stripped ( Tripod) and matched.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Actually, as far as recalls go, considering that Polaris is replacing over 17000 swing-arms, I don't think they're doing that bad a job.

I was more referring to their process. Some people have gotten 1 or 2 letters, some none at all. Some dealers have been able to get information and/or parts, some none at all. Overall, from the outside looking in, their process and procedures just seem to be slapdash and hastily thrown together.

I cannot and am not speaking at all to the quality of the new design/material, although I will be interested in seeing how well the new swingarms hold up over time.

• I was more referring to their process. Some people have gotten 1 or 2 letters, some none at all. Some dealers have been able to get information and/or parts, some none at all. Overall, from the outside looking in, their process and procedures just seem to be slapdash and hastily thrown together.

I cannot and am not speaking at all to the quality of the new design/material, although I will be interested in seeing how well the new swingarms hold up over time.

I would have to agree that Polaris seems to have a less than stellar record when it comes to customer communications.

I certainly hope that improvements have been made to the swing-arm as I would rate the swing-arm, followed by the rear-angle drive as the two items of most concern as far as long-term reliability goes.

• if your swingarm was white or red or gray they will replace it with the color it was sold with. I have already seen a red one being replaced under the recall. It was red and beautiful. So if I read the posts in this thread correctly some were asking if they would replace colored swingarm with all gray swingarms. That would be NO. If it was white you will get white.. red gets red.....

However if you have custom paint on your swingarm you will get no custom paint credit at all.. Now if your dealer wants to do that for you they can. But it would just be up to them. And it would be done probably because they want you to be happy and buy from them again. Polaris is only supplying the swingarm and labor to replace it with the factory color that it came with.

• Got my recall letter Sat! Uhhhh, Going to another dealer for this work as I was not happy with the service dept or way dealer I bought SS from works. How can you service/ sell these machines when you don't have a lift or are even able to get them into shop. Big thumbs down..Hoping another dealer doesn't break my stones because I didn't buy from them (many reasons) I would think they would want work no matter what, still get paid!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• had gotten my letter sometime ago wasn't really waiting on the letter doesn't tell you anything you already don't know. but i was waiting on the phone call from the dealer,i have a pretty good relationship with the mechanics down there and thats who you have to build a relationship if you want anything done right on your machine. so i received my call today after being a little pushy this past friday. i just kinda felt obligated to get one of the first red swing arms they got since i had brought this matter up to them when a couple guys had posted pictures of cracked swing arms . and I'm not saying i predicted the recall at all but i know you guys on the forums had seen a couple cracked swing arms and had to see this coming. now its just a waiting game. For the people who have the limited colors just got a little luckier there aren't as many out there. I'm getting mine down today and tomorrow they said they want a couple days with it make sure its all done up right and to make surer that locktite sits long enough. it sucks to wait very understandable. but this is something that polaris obviously didn't see coming. and they are just trying to catch up. all you can do is just wait for that call and check in with your local dealer. and i know some of those dealers suck. but in my opinion and being a business owner thats kinda the consumers (buyers) fault. the internet has given the typical person the one up know a days . always look into the dealer your buying from make sure they have a reputation and make sure its good. we all have access to the same information. don't just buy and ask questions later and if you are join to ask questions ask your self why you bought from that dealer. i know some people had no other options dealers seem to be isolated in some parts of the U.S. i just so happen to be lucky to live in a city where i have 4 dealers to choose from. i had chosen the dealer i went to because i had purchased other atvs from them. and now just built a good relationship with the mechanic like i said. now anytime i drop off i can basically watch right over them while they work if i want. respectfully i only do that when i have nothing to do. sorry for the rant i just see a lot you guys getting upset about the lack of parts, and getting upset with the dealers.my dealer told me theres nothing any dealer could do you just have to wait, so ya you could get mad at polaris but once again i don't believe they saw this one coming. so all i could say is be patient and eventually everyone will have one waiting to be installed

• Honestly the easy recalls wouldn't be to bad at Maggie but with only one vendor there that could handle the recalls I assume they will be very busy and honestly I'm not trying to have any down time out there espically if there's in issue with any bearings or anything that's swing arm related and not easy to find. Or anything that has to be shipped last minute. The sling shot only crew is good but just not trying to get put in a ugly situation 1000 miles from home and I see them possibly taking care of the small recalls I don't see them addressing the swing arms at the events just to time consuming and hey don't have enough of it out There but I could be wrong and even if they did I wouldn't expect anything good to come out of it the job would be so rushed I'm sure something wouldn't work out

• Don't know if I'd really want something like the swing-arm replaced at a week-long gathering with other owners, primarily because I believe Polaris wants the special Loctite used to cure at least overnight. Were I to be attending such an event, I doubt I'd want to be w/o my Slingshot, especially if it was longer than overnight!

• I'm sitting in the UK along with, what I think is only, another 5 (yes only 5!) SlingShot owners.
    Polaris Britain know that I'm an owner of one. (The head of Polaris, in the UK knows this and even has my mobile number easily to hand). I don't expect a phone call from him or anything close to that but I do expect an official recall letter fro the company.

My dealer got straight on the phone, to me, when he was advised by Polaris. He left a message saying "I should call him straight back, when I got the message." He then advised me all about the recall and all the things that I should be aware of. (Great Service!!!).

After the time of the SS recall, I have had a recall on my Grand Cherokee Jeep. Along with full instructions of the relevance and the actions that I need to take to have the problem solved. Any dealer, any location, even any country....
    This work included that around the rear axel and some critical fixings. Now it is all sorted out and complete. (Great Service!!!).

Still nothing at all, from Polaris Britain or US.. (NOT So Great!!!).
    Perhaps someone, somewhere needs to get up to date with some important paperwork?

All the best, from UK_Paul