New approach for a SlingShot top...

• Whats nice is that the carpet is used all around and high up in the back area. No freaking scratched plastic parts. I hate plastic used in rear cargo areas of SUV's.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Whats nice is that the carpet is used all around and high up in the back area. No freaking scratched plastic parts. I hate plastic used in rear cargo areas of SUV's.

I am impressed with your Porsche, but I am more excited because I could see the parts for my roof in the picture.

• Powder coated parts are picked up. Will have a production frame and mounting hardware on my SS by tomorrow morning.

Production fabric will be in end of next week.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• production top is on the sling. Went for a 2hr test run this afternoon.

We are a go!

This includes one last high speed test to 120.... :00008040:
    Soon this thread will come to an end.
    I cannot begin to tell you guys how fortunate I am to have such a great group of people offering so much support and motivation to get this thing to market.

Just know that I'm going to do my best to make this group proud. Tina and I will work as hard as we can to keep new, affordable, and useful products for you guys to consider for your enjoyment.

It's not lost that each time you spend money for something I designed or made is not just money. It's a part of you. It represents time out of your life spent working to earn it. We only have so much time and it's truly an honor. :00000436:

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I am honored you allowed me to throw in my 2 cents towards the design - I'll never get rid of the top - even if I get to old and have to hang it on my mancave wall!!! WELL DONE PATRICK

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Will this fit with the +3 windshield from F4? Can you put up some picks showing headroom and clearance getting in?

@Switchblade I will have a much better answer for you in about 2weeks. I have tried to design it to allow for the +3 but at this time have not secured one for confirmation testing. I believe the +3 will be fine but with this top a taller windshield is not required. I run the stock original blade at this time and the top manages air flow so well that it deflects the wind as well as a taller windshield ( no buffeting).
    The front if the top has been pushed back as far as possible while still allowing more coverage than other tops currently on the market. Because of the tilt feature w/s taller than the +3 "may" not work.

We plan to have the website up the week leading into SSITS and will load video there.
    I'm 5,11 and have close to 4plus inches of headroom with a helmet on. The full top tilts forward with the release of a single rear mounted latch. The top allows for entry and exit easier than any fixed top.

I'm also working on a lift assist system. Should have the prototype ready at MV. It will be an optional item to help keep cost below the $900 mark.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Best of luck @Ruptured Duck.. you worked hard and the finish line seems to be right in front of ya :thumbsup:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/