Jared & Ross & Randy & Doug's Excellent Adventure

• Great time riding over to Franklin, IN with our dear friends @Goats_Hogs /Sharon and Brian/Sharon and having the incredible opportunity to meet up and have dinner with @KayTwo, @Painter and @maverick5990. Great meeting you all! Wish we had more time to visit. Really enjoyed listening to Jared share some of his epic journey with us, he has quite a bug collection :thumbsup: What a road warrior! Painter... what can you say that hasn’t already been said… you rock! Maverick5590... lovin’ the exhaust! Rho said I had the biggest smile on my face when ya fired ‘er up! Brent thanks for asking us to come along! Jared have a safe ride home tomorrow, hope you stay dry!

• Day 4 homebound. 550 miles down. Started at 0620 this morning and got into @Goats_Hogs place after 11, but there was a lot of downtime. Still a long day.

WI to IL to IN. Lot of highway, but still got to see some back roads. Stopped at @Painter 's for a while this afternoon, then we drove to dinner to meet a group. Then did 90 min after dinner to get home.

I got to park my beast next to his beauty....then he sent me away to the garage!

Dinner lineup!

L-R:
    @Painter
    Rhonda and Larry ( @ThomaSS )
    Dave ( @maverick5990 )
    Brent and Sharon ( @Goats_Hogs )
    Sharon and Brian (not on the forum yet)

Tomorrow is the last leg. Sleep in a tiny bit, repack, check the weather, and go.

• He was looking a bit worn last evening when we got in. We stayed up awhile, and I turned in at midnight. I see he posted after that. Have kept quiet, he said he didn't really want an alarm this morning. I think it's all catching up. I'm sure he'll be glad to be home this evening. What an epic trip!

• It's a minor miracle she didn't turn around and walk back into the airport when we rolled up (and Security sure didn't know what to think of us)

@Ross I don't think I mentioned our return to the airport. When we rolled up, bicycle security immediately rolled over - and proceeded to chat with us for 20 minutes while we unloaded Sara, went in to use the facilities one at a time, pulled out our maps to check the border crossings, googled the various crossings to check hours of operation, and eventually roll out. He even radioed the 'American guy' to check on hours for us. I can tell you that in Portland, OR we would have got an immediate whistle and a stern 'move along'. The cop who hung out the longest is 48 years old, 2 years from retirement, and had a smile on his face since he doesn't have to chase bad guys any more. It was a nice experience.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• He was looking a bit worn last evening when we got in. We stayed up awhile, and I turned in at midnight. I see he posted after that. Have kept quiet, he said he didn't really want an alarm this morning. I think it's all catching up. I'm sure he'll be glad to be home this evening. What an epic trip!

I haven't slept that late or that long in years. Just can't believe I did that. @Goats_Hogs, my deepest thanks to you and Sharon. Your hospitality is humbling..

I didn't honk at your wife as I drove by her work, though....i went in and gave her a hug. Least I could do.

• @kev , the Canadians I've met all seem to be more relaxed than us Americans. I wouldn't be surprised if your expected longevity is higher too! Now don't forget, in my neck of the woods, a sidearm is not exclusively for the human population! Sometimes it's protection from various beasts. That being said, there is an increasing amount of craziness down here and personal protection is becoming a more pressing issue for those who choose to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @kev , the Canadians I've met all seem to be more relaxed than us Americans. I wouldn't be surprised if your expected longevity is higher too! Now don't forget, in my neck of the woods, a sidearm is not exclusively for the human population! Sometimes it's protection from various beasts. That being said, there is an increasing amount of craziness down here and personal protection is becoming a more pressing issue for those who choose to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

@kev , the Canadians I've met all seem to be more relaxed than us Americans. I wouldn't be surprised if your expected longevity is higher too! Now don't forget, in my neck of the woods, a sidearm is not exclusively for the human population! Sometimes it's protection from various beasts. That being said, there is an increasing amount of craziness down here and personal protection is becoming a more pressing issue for those who choose to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

The worst stories that I have heard in years are about what is going on in Jacksonville, Fla. these days. You had better have a side arm and be willing to use it.

• Not feeling so sharp today. Not sure why. Maybe I slept TOO much? Don't know. Trying to knock down this nagging headache. Not looking forward to hitting the rain down south of here. Seems pretty certain I'm going to get wet. Ugh.

P.S. 275 in Cincinnati is a garbage highway. LOL

• Not feeling so sharp today. Not sure why. Maybe I slept TOO much? Don't know. Trying to knock down this nagging headache. Not looking forward to hitting the rain down south of here. Seems pretty certain I'm going to get wet. Ugh.

P.S. 275 in Cincinnati is a garbage highway. LOL

you're probably just going through @exharleyrider and Ross withdrawals .... no worries there's a 13 step program to help you through it all - one day at a time sir, one day at a time