Slingshot suspension

• I'm betting the sling will ride a little better than my 29 Ford, what got me was it wasn't comfortable after an hour drive (can you say... hip replacement surgery?) . Looking for something that will be more of a couple hour ride before I have to get out and stretch. I have to pick up a part for my Indian chieftain at the dealer soon so may do a test drive then if they will let me test drive. They had a bunch of weiners going there and test driving just so they could do a utube vid so it's hard to get them to let you do a test drive now. We'll see what happens when I go there.

• I'm betting the sling will ride a little better than my 29 Ford, what got me was it wasn't comfortable after an hour drive (can you say... hip replacement surgery?) . Looking for something that will be more of a couple hour ride before I have to get out and stretch. I have to pick up a part for my Indian chieftain at the dealer soon so may do a test drive then if they will let me test drive. They had a bunch of weiners going there and test driving just so they could do a utube vid so it's hard to get them to let you do a test drive now. We'll see what happens when I go there.

based on what you said you would definitely need the upgraded shocks and maybe seats depending which version you get.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• based on what you said you would definitely need the upgraded shocks and maybe seats depending which version you get.

The slingshot may not be for me then, I'm not looking for something I have to spend thousands of dollars on to do what the factory should have done to begin with.

• The slingshot may not be for me then, I'm not looking for something I have to spend thousands of dollars on to do what the factory should have done to begin with.

You could get a T-Rex and start at about $80K before you start making changes.
    OK, looked at their site. Base starts at $58K to $67K for Special Edition. Both before options.

• weighing 175, stock suspension wouldn't even know someone's riding it.....get into the 250+ Get shocks!! :whistling: Im 186, for the riding I get in the stock shocks are fine, ACTUALLY shocks may be the only stock thing on my SLING??? ?(8|

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• In my opinion the slingshot is something you buy fully knowing that you will sink thousands to make it work for you, I know there are a few people who have kept it semi stock ( @EjFord comes to mind) but even those have spend close to a grand on the small things that they have done.

Remember that the slingshot is at least 50% cheaper than anything else it competes with, a T-rex starts at 53k and so does the invader.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• The slingshot may not be for me then, I'm not looking for something I have to spend thousands of dollars on to do what the factory should have done to begin with.

The ride is much more comfortable over multiple hours than you'd expect. You may want to look in the used market. There are some great deals to be had, many with the basic mods already done and for less than $20k.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• The ride is much more comfortable over multiple hours than you'd expect. You may want to look in the used market. There are some great deals to be had, many with the basic mods already done and for less than $20k.

Saw one on ebay for 19,900.00 with 8000 to 10,000 dollars in mods. Seats, bags and everything else.

• Remember that lowering the front end can affect wheel alignment, so a new alignment may be needed, depending on how much you lower the Slingshot.

On the most part lowering the front end does not effect the wheel alignment, it does however change the camber which has a positive effect in the handling. As far as I know no one doing wheel alignments are making adjustment to the camber. I do agree however if you lower the SlingShot to much one should adjust the camber also and then an alignment would be needed.

A small negative camber allows the tires to have better traction on hard cornering as
    illustrated;

Excessive negative camber will cause scrubbing on the inside of your tires

• weighing 175, stock suspension wouldn't even know someone's riding it.....get into the 250+ Get shocks!! :whistling: Im 186, for the riding I get in the stock shocks are fine, ACTUALLY shocks may be the only stock thing on my SLING??? ?(8|

have to agree. I swapped springs only to net 7/8" drop. I used QA1 coils. The ride is much better but a lot cheaper than all new coils and shocks. Improvements can be made without breaking the bank.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

I'm still riding on the stock shocks with 17k on the Slingshot now. I also have stock seats. I am looking to upgrade the shocks, and perhaps someday the seats also. With the group buy on the QA1's, the shocks are only going to run me $699. That's a far shot from "thousands of dollars". When I bought my SS, I planned to just drive it. No mods. Found out it's worse than the Harley, there are just so many things you can change if you want to. I've still kept my mods more to a minimum.

As for comfort, your situation is different from mine. I can't say what it will be like with your hip. I can tell you that my wife and I (again, on stock seats and shocks) put in a 540 mile day on two lanes going thru small towns and about 14 hours of ride time.... and we weren't tired afterwards. We put a total of nearly 1700 miles on it over that 4 day trip. The SS is way less tiring than riding on 2 wheels (which we still do also).

• Do not judge the slingshot by the opinion of others as everyone is different. We try to personalize our rides and improve performance and that takes us all in different directions. I am 6'2" 270lb and have tried aftermarket seats and now have the new velocity seats. Swapping them back out as the stock seats are still the most comfortable to me for long distance riding. Stock shocks are good handling if you are decent driver ( oh yeah I went there ) stiff but little body roll and can nail corners. I have the JRI as they take the sharpness out of the cracks and bumps in the road (wife request). TAKE A TEST DRIVE THEN DECIDE - MOD AS MONEY ALLOWS

One of the best items I bought for long distance riding we're my PRP seats with 4 inches of memory foam, so freaking comfortable.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'