LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• I have the same quote in my letter. How does a dealership inspect and replace IF NECESSARY. Maybe use that old xray unit in the back of the shop or bring in a trained dye penetration tester? Seems like Polaris is tossing a lot of legal ramifications onto the dealers. Who is at fault if a previously inspected - and passed - swingarm fails and causes a lot of damage? Maybe they are just doing a cya to avoid a class action and are replacing all swingarms ( I hope)

I was told by my dealer that they have simply ordered a new swing arm and will be replacing them so they don't need to worry about just that issue.

So, they aren't playing Polaris' game. They are playing their own sort of CYA.

• I was told by my dealer there was a stop ride on my SS FOLLOWED BY I can't get to it until I do the 8 instock and the 20 owners in front of you!!!! Which means I can't ride until after the first of the year ....and oh yea my rear is leaking oil!!! Ohyava!!

• When I visited my dealer, they said the same thing......Polaris issued Stop Sales, but no Stop Ride orders. They already had my name on the list for replacement of the swing arm and fuel line/fitting/clip thingy. The service manager told me to go get more riding in and they would call me when they were ready to do the recall work. He didn't have any firm time frame on when the parts would be shipped though.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Noticed my dealer had a new SLR out front for sale after a few weeks of no Slings out front so I stopped by to check it out. Swingarm was different. First thing I noticed was that it is much lighter in color than the original swingarm. Almost light gray in color and there is a new tab in the casting in the inner part of the bend where we have seen a few failures. I guess they have made it slightly thicker at that point with the new casting. Will try and get a pic the next time I am by there.

• Guys I called my dealer and the service writer told me there was a stop ride issued on my sling and she said if I rode it and anything happened Polaris would not be responsible I told her my recall notice said nothing about a stop ride that's when she told me the part about Polaris not being responsible if I did! Originally called to get a leak fixed in my swing arm I told her I was leaving for a trip to Florida and needed it repaired before I left that's when she gave me all the great news

• Guys I called my dealer and the service writer told me there was a stop ride issued on my sling and she said if I rode it and anything happened Polaris would not be responsible I told her my recall notice said nothing about a stop ride that's when she told me the part about Polaris not being responsible if I did! Originally called to get a leak fixed in my swing arm I told her I was leaving for a trip to Florida and needed it repaired before I left that's when she gave me all the great news

Your dealer is hosed. Call another one.

• You would think if they were going to go through the trouble to replace an entire swing arm they would have updated the design of the wheel bearings at the axle.

I also checked the Bulletspeed website and couldn't find the link for their swing arms, anyone know?

• You would think if they were going to go through the trouble to replace an entire swing arm they would have updated the design of the wheel bearings at the axle.

I also checked the Bulletspeed website and couldn't find the link for their swing arms, anyone know?

I emailed them direct about a month ago asking about price and some info... I got no response...

• Last I heard, Bullet Speed wasn't yet selling the swingarm as they felt it was incomplete since they hadn't figured out how to make it work with the safety controls. The sensor for the rear wheel is incorporated in one of the bearings and they haven't figured out how to make everything work together yet.
    With the four wheel conversions from Alpha and Bullet Speed, the ABS, Traction Control and Stability Control systems are lost.

I was told the very same thing Saturday but I told them there was a difference between a "no sell" and a "no ride" and as far as I am concerned Polaris has not officially contacted me with anything but a recall notice. The "parts manager" then changed his tune and was very friendly and cooperative in attending to my needs and concerns. :thumbsup:

• Stopped by GForce Motorsports this morning (Denver area) and as I suspected they have no parts and were a bit shy in committing when they might get parts. When I said "Should I just give you a call after Christmas" my service guy just looked relieved and said that would be great. He than thanked me up and down like I had just saved his puppy from a bear.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• Stopped by GForce Motorsports this morning (Denver area) and as I suspected they have no parts and were a bit shy in committing when they might get parts. When I said "Should I just give you a call after Christmas" my service guy just looked relieved and said that would be great. He than thanked me up and down like I had just saved his puppy from a bear.

This could be the story for many dealerships.... ?(

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.