LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Picked my wife's Sling up in FL Monday afternoon. Made it back at 11:20 Tuesday night. Got it cleaned up and tagged Wednesday and dropped off at dealer Thursday evening for all the recall work. They even got her a red swing arm. Will pick up Monday morning when we get back from Kansas City. @HeRSling is looking forward to a good road trip in her SS and me in mine but looks like that will have to wait a couple weeks.

• Just an FYI, 6 weeks after swingarm recall and my bearings need replacing..Amazing!

That's what I'm afraid of, My Slingshot warranty just expired. I delayed installing the turbo until the swing-arm was replaced and had a few more delays, during which I noticed the rear end seemed to be clicking. Took it back to the dealer, but it stopped clicking naturally. They loosened the belt, but I think it started back up later. Screw it, I'm in the process of swapping my pan for one with the turbo drain already installed.

• just had my grommet recall checked off, yeah, I had them from the replacement, however my dealer had to order another steering angle sensor to replace the one Polaris sent to replace the first bad one. This one has thrown 24 trouble codes since MV. It seems polaris may have gotten a bad lot from their source.

• I totally get that Polaris wants to save as much money as possible on parts but at some point the cheapest bidder might not have the quality control required to put out a quality part. So they saved a few cents on each item with the cheapest bidder....how much does the recall for each part cost? Plus the part and the labor involed, the paperwork, postage, reordering, restocking....shipping to and from, packaging...the few pennies saved on the cheapest bidders crappy part costs them big time.

Not to mention our time lost and disgruntled customers....

We had the same mentality at the mill. We had seperate crafts in our maintenance department...they made us bid against the outsiders to save money...the outsiders would come in an do the job...after they left we had to do the job all over again...and this happened time after time....they paid over double for each job they bid like this because now they were losing even more money on down Time....so we had to work overtime to get production back up as fast as possible...made absolutely no business sense at all. Incompisense.....is more like it..

• In Polaris's defense, they probably don't care too much about that. I'm sure when the spec the parts and go out for bids, they include a one year or two year warranty to the parts. The outsourced supplier gets billed for the cost to replace the failed parts, so it doesn't come out of Polaris's bottome line - just in unsatified customers

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It's not just Polaris. American business has had a short-term profit focus for many years, driven by costs and immediate profit. I remember an interview held with a Siemens executive in Germany a few years ago in which he proudly proclaimed about his company's civic responsibility to hire Germans locally, something that is total anathema to the American Business philosophy. In the US, corporations are people only to the extent it improves their bottom line and to He.. with their (disposable) employees.

• In corporate law it is glaringly evident that the bottom line and ultimately shareholder satisfaction is placed far and above the consumer. The first considerations of the corporation are 1) company exposure 2) cost of litigation .....fixing the problem (unless it is less) and the customer are way at the bottom of the totem pole. Polaris is no different than any other corporate giant - if you know this going in you are better off for it.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have only one complaint against Polaris....the rear tire........ I've blown thru 3 rear tires in 25k miles !
    :00000441::00007555:

Going on 36,000 miles ( all local) and will be installing my 5th rear tire once the turbo is installed. Two Kendas, 1 Sumitomo, 1 Nankang and a soon-to-be-installed Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 on an American Muscle Cobra Style 17 x 10.5 Wheel.

• Going on 36,000 miles ( all local) and will be installing my 5th rear tire once the turbo is installed. Two Kendas, 1 Sumitomo, 1 Nankang and a soon-to-be-installed Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 on an American Muscle Cobra Style 17 x 10.5 Wheel.

• Common problem so it may be the next group buy laugh-squared
  • I have only one complaint against Polaris....the rear tire........ I've blown thru 3 rear tires in 25k miles !
    :00000441::00007555:

...but Polaris doesn't make tires, rear or otherwise.

That complaint will more than likely be cured when Polaris starts installing their own designed engine.

Yep, got both recall notices for the missing rubber grommets...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Gotta love the Mothership! Never got any info re: recall from them, but was first on the dealer list, because of you guys....... Now, apparently, my dealer doesn't rate for sh#t with the Mothership, because it was Oct. 24, 2016 before I got all the parts replaced. ( per my receipt: T-16-02, T-16-03-A, T-16-04, T-16-06, and a new master cylinder cuz my brakes sucked beyond belief.)
    Low and behold- in today's mail:
    3 recall cards- all with my vin number. (yes- current vin on current SS- not the one that went bye-bye) - Big letters URGENT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE 2nd NOTICE!-- ACTION REQUIRED!
    for: T-16-02, T-16-03-A, anf T-16-06-BA. Texted my service mgr., to make sure they got paid- either way- they should bill again.
    So glad to know Polaris is on top of this! The card has a large warning symbol, and the statement: "Operating your Slingshot that has active recalls may increase the risk of a crash"
    LOL, their prompt attention to my safety is overwhelming! ;)

• Going on 36,000 miles ( all local) and will be installing my 5th rear tire once the turbo is installed. Two Kendas, 1 Sumitomo, 1 Nankang and a soon-to-be-installed Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 on an American Muscle Cobra Style 17 x 10.5 Wheel.

So what tire held up the best, 31,000 miles and I am on my 3rd Sumitomo. Tire rack I can get them for 150.00

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: