• The 5v sensor clear text said computer related.

So, googled it.

And although not Slingshot specific...

The link below points to sensors related to that system.

https://www.motor.com/magazine…t-ground-finder-may-2016/

The troubleshooting of the circuit will go above most peoples pay grade.

But, try to narrow it down...

Did you do anything recently in the area of any sensors or with wiring to any sensors?

Did you experience a heavy rain or water event that may have penetrated under hood connectors?

Maybe we can look at the wiring circuit diagrams for the one specific sensor of the four related to the Slingshot.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Thank you airoutlaw for the input . Ghost trailered me to my dealer yesterday. I am taking them the key when they open this morning. I ran it hard on the Dragon yesterday but it went slow and steady to lunch, then started on my way home and was just cruising 30 minutes

on the highway at 65 when it happened. Didn't hit any bumps or anything. Haven't had the hood up since the 15k oil change for anything.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Update: Had it in dealer first thing this morning. So far it was the camshaft position sensor. One or both of them. The Autozone part # is 917-720 Dorman camshaft position sensor $47.99 each. I bought both of them. Brought it home with no codes. Gonna take it out for about 60 miles locally tomorrow to see how it does. I will update on this thread if there is any change.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Update: Had it in dealer first thing this morning. So far it was the camshaft position sensor. One or both of them. The Autozone part # is 917-720 Dorman camshaft position sensor $47.99 each. I bought both of them. Brought it home with no codes. Gonna take it out for about 60 miles locally tomorrow to see how it does. I will update on this thread if there is any change.

Could have got the exact same part from RockAuto.com for half the price.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Well well well. 50 miles on the Sling and guess what. Got a big fat "65620" code. Dead in the water once again. So for the second time this week, I got drug home on a trailer. Not on a pity trip but when a man pays over $30,000 for a vehicle and it only has 16,000 miles on it and something like this happens, It leaves a terrible taste in your mouth with a brand. My extended warranty is through Polaris and not a third party so we will have to see how it goes.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I hear you bro, but rest assured it's NOT the Slingshot's causing the problem. It's an intermittently failed electronic component (probably a sensor or a wire connector). being pissed off on a $30,000 purchase that has a bad $50 CHINESE PART isn't a reason to toss in the towel. It's a heck of a lot less than paying $300,000 for a house and having the air conditioning fail during the summer with outside temps in the mid 90's

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I hear you bro, but rest assured it's NOT the Slingshot's causing the problem. It's an intermittently failed electronic component (probably a sensor or a wire connector). being pissed off on a $30,000 purchase that has a bad $50 CHINESE PART isn't a reason to toss in the towel. It's a heck of a lot less than paying $300,000 for a house and having the air conditioning fail during the summer with outside temps in the mid 90's

Oh God. Lol! Don't say that. I have went without AC for five years and just got a complete brand new system. Yea, it'll all work out over time I'm sure.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Went to my dealer today. I was informed that the parts were on back order and that there was a break in the supply chain. Not for sure what that means. All I really heard was blah blah blah we have a 2019 sitting on the floor we can't sell with every part on it yours would need but you ain't riding and you have to wait. I left before I said something stupid. Me, not being famous for my patience, and with no immediate end in sight, I am leaving in 5 hours for Franklin North Carolina to purchase a motorcycle and unfortunately I am getting back on two wheels for the first time in over a decade. When I do finally have some news to report about the solution to this problem I will post.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I inquired today as to what parts were on back order. Part on back order is the cam sensors. Even though the cam sensors were put on already from a donor 2019 and already proven not to be the issue. This is where I will really find out what type of company Polaris is. I have found two other instances where this has happened. Ruptured Duck and MWSlingshot both had this problem. Both had to have a wiring harness. Two weeks down and I am in exactly the same spot I was in when it started. I hope nobody ever has this problem. I will post weekly and hope nobody else had this problem. I will definitely post final result regardless of the outcome, good or bad.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I inquired today as to what parts were on back order. Part on back order is the cam sensors. Even though the cam sensors were put on already from a donor 2019 and already proven not to be the issue. This is where I will really find out what type of company Polaris is. I have found two other instances where this has happened. Ruptured Duck and MWSlingshot both had this problem. Both had to have a wiring harness. Two weeks down and I am in exactly the same spot I was in when it started. I hope nobody ever has this problem. I will post weekly and hope nobody else had this problem. I will definitely post final result regardless of the outcome, good or bad.

Sorry you are having to go through this and I hope you get it straightened out soon. It sux that it has to be in the peak of ridding season! On the other hand it's not going to give trouble setting in winter storage. Your willingness to keep everyone updated on the issue is definitely a good thing. Hopefully no one will need the info but you and I both know that if yours is the 3rd one then over time there will be others. If the same thing happened to mine I'd have to be looking for a salvaged unit to get a harness from since I voided my factory warranty at 890 miles.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

If they are having a hard time through Polaris, Advance has the ACDelco ones - https://shop.advanceautoparts.…P?searchTerm=cam%20sensor

You can buy them direct from GM dealers also - https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/…-position-sensor-12674704

• Dave@DDMWorks the issue for Tim is that under the Polaris extended warranty they will not install nonPolaris parts. So they are keeping his sling until Polaris can supply the part. We all know it is the same part but Polaris would prefer we did not know that since it is a fraction of the cost under GM.

Sensors have been replaced once and the same issue came up. I am guessing digital wrench can not tell the difference between the sensor or possibly a bad plug or harness.

Any ideas would be a great help..we allknow how sad one can get when they are slingless

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'm sure the techs at the dealership have already looked and even if they haven't they probably wouldn't let Tim look but it could be a case of the pins in the connector getting pushed back instead of actually plugging together. It'll be touching enough to work for a while but a good bump or maybe just the vibration and it slips back a little and there goes the connection. When I bought mine and took it home it didn't have a fuel gage. I don't mean that it didn't register how much fuel was in the tank, the gage did not display at all. My son and I took the back off of it and inspected the wires and connectors. One of the pins in the connector going to the float assembly was pushed back and not able to make contact with the matching pin once plugged up. We reseated the pin and haven't had any more issues with the fuel gage not showing up. What we have had is the DTE reading going nuts. We let the fuel tank get real low once last year and all of a sudden it said 0 miles to empty. We stopped and filled it up and then it displaysed 7 miles to empty. I thought after driving a few miles it would correct it's self but it didn't. Each time we'd fill the tank it would slighty increase the DTE reading. I believe it's up to 160 miles to empty now when we fill up. I guess when we have the back off for the upcoming maintenance we'll take another look at the pins in that plug.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I'm sure the techs at the dealership have already looked and even if they haven't they probably wouldn't let Tim look but it could be a case of the pins in the connector getting pushed back instead of actually plugging together. It'll be touching enough to work for a while but a good bump or maybe just the vibration and it slips back a little and there goes the connection. When I bought mine and took it home it didn't have a fuel gage. I don't mean that it didn't register how much fuel was in the tank, the gage did not display at all. My son and I took the back off of it and inspected the wires and connectors. One of the pins in the connector going to the float assembly was pushed back and not able to make contact with the matching pin once plugged up. We reseated the pin and haven't had any more issues with the fuel gage not showing up. What we have had is the DTE reading going nuts. We let the fuel tank get real low once last year and all of a sudden it said 0 miles to empty. We stopped and filled it up and then it displaysed 7 miles to empty. I thought after driving a few miles it would correct it's self but it didn't. Each time we'd fill the tank it would slighty increase the DTE reading. I believe it's up to 160 miles to empty now when we fill up. I guess when we have the back off for the upcoming maintenance we'll take another look at the pins in that plug.

I had a similar issue with a pin not making contact but mine was in the plug for the electric fan. Hope you get this figured out