Extended Performance Mobil One Synthetic

• I will say that the members here probably represent every possible operating condition a slingshots oil could ever be tested under. Super high performance builds to stock daily drivers to weekend warriors and every thing in between

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• "Most oil change recommendations are mandated by the government (you know the guys who are smarter than all of us)"

They are recommended by MANUFACTURERS. I have never seen a government regulation on oil changes.

• It all comes down to how you use the machine, I tend to keep my RPM high and downshift very liberally so because of that I change my oil around 2000-2500 miles and the oil is usually dark which to me means contaminated and not as good as it was once new, could it still work if left in the engine yes, but it cost 35 bucks and 10 mins to do it with mobil 1/K&N so why wait any longer.

Now even on my BMW DD I never wait for the 10k miles they "recommend", too many horror stories on BMW forums about engine issues that "could" be attributed to poor lubrication, so users there recommend 5k intervals.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• It all comes down to how you use the machine, I tend to keep my RPM high and downshift very liberally so because of that I change my oil around 2000-2500 miles and the oil is usually dark which to me means contaminated and not as good as it was once new, could it still work if left in the engine yes, but it cost 35 bucks and 10 mins to do it with mobil 1/K&N so why wait any longer.

Now even on my BMW DD I never wait for the 10k miles they "recommend", too many horror stories on BMW forums about engine issues that "could" be attributed to poor lubrication, so users there recommend 5k intervals.

I used to drive similarly until I read about ....you have to pull the motor to change the clutch....It’s much easier to change brake shoes....just sayin....

• some time back I had a 2010 chevy impala - it had a system that they say monitors all of the operating conditions of the vehicle/engine and supposedly oil life - - I always found it interesting that in the owners manual it specifically said not to go by milage to determine when to change the oil - it said that depending on conditions you could go much further than normal recommendations and that you should trust the oil life gauge and change the oil when it said to change it

In the time I owned that car when ever I got the oil changed the place would put one of those 3,000 mile 3 month stickers in the corner of the window and by the time the system said I should change the oil it was always at least 6,000 miles and sometimes 7 or 8 - - - and that is here in the desert with what some would consider extreme operating conditions

To be honest I never really understood why having the hot weather we have would impact oil life - - the engine temp is controlled by the cooling system of the vehicle and if that system is working correctly the temp of the oil should not be impacted much by the ambient air temperature I would think - - sure didnt seem to cause the system in the Impala to tell me to change oil more often

anyway - going to change my oil tomorrow morning - I have been bad and have gone 700+ past the 5,000 mark - - - - --Oh Noooooooooo!

Forgot I changes changed it early last time at 19,347 miles instead of waiting for 20,000. and now its I am up to around 25,059 - - - sure hope that 15,000 extended performance oil I put in last time I put in last time can deal with that extra 700+ miles =O

• It's called the Nitto 555 :)

I thought that, but Gerald has it on his non turbo slingshot and under his riding conditions, he's less impressed with it as he was with the stock Kenda. i now have the Toyo T1R since it's about the only 345 tire available and it could stand to be stickier and longer wearing than it is

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I used to drive similarly until I read about ....you have to pull the motor to change the clutch....It’s much easier to change brake shoes....just sayin....

Have to remove the tires to change the brakes???,burnout = new tires, hard acceleration = more gas, the damage to the clutch by properly downshifting is minimal at best and within what I consider normal wear & tear.

The slingshot is a fun vehicle nothing more, although I am not going to do something that on purpose damages , I am not going to shy away of using it because of "regular" wear and tear.

The moment I can't drive it in a way that it amuses me therefore stops being a stress release outlet(slingshot/bikes are my way of therapy) then might as well and sell it.

Hell I down shift my automatic bimmer all the time during regular A to B driving during winter, makes driving/stopping in winter more predictable and controlled.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• This 'slow poke' got over 20,000 (rear tire) last time around on the Nitto 555.

EjFord this I find very interesting, do you like the 555? - only got 9000 out of the stock Kenda, but my sling was the shop demo so I dont know how it was driven the first 1400 miles. After the kenda I went to a Nitto Motivo and it is now getting to the wear bars with only about 16000 on it - - I thought the Motivo with its harder rubber might do better than a summer tire, but I have wondered if that harder rubber has made it spin easier and actually had the opposite affect - with our high temperatures our road temperatures get ridiculously high cant even walk you dog on the street when the sun is up would burn their feet off and I cant help think that it must impact tire life

was thinking about trying the 555, but recently I have been reading bad things about traction about it on here - - - - really would like to find a good back tire at a decent price in the stock 255/35-20 size seems that many of the options I see talked about here dont come in this size and cost much more in larger sizes

• an extend mileage rear tire that actually had traction would be very nice

Wow, you change your rear tire every three to four thousand miles? I have a thousand miles on mine and it still has the rubber tits on it. Why don't Sling tires last as long as similarly rated car tires?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Wow, you change your rear tire every three to four thousand miles? I have a thousand miles on mine and it still has the rubber tits on it. Why don't Sling tires last as long as similarly rated car tires?

On the rear it would be that one tire is doing the work of two and in my case spinning it from time to time even when I dont intend to due to the lack of weight on it as compared to a car also wears it faster. - - - its why I question if in this application a sticky soft tire might actually do better than a higher mileage rated tire that I might spin more often???

On the front with proper care and rotation I don't see any reason why they wouldn't hold up as well on a car that was driven the same way

• On the rear it would be that one tire is doing the work of two and in my case spinning it from time to time even when I dont intend to due to the lack of weight on it as compared to a car also wears it faster. - - - its why I question if in this application a sticky soft tire might actually do better than a higher mileage rated tire that I might spin more often???

On the front with proper care and rotation I don't see any reason why they wouldn't hold up as well on a car that was driven the same way

I thought there might be some spinning in the equation... lol thanks for the tip.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• "Most oil change recommendations are mandated by the government (you know the guys who are smarter than all of us)"

They are recommended by MANUFACTURERS. I have never seen a government regulation on oil changes.

OK if you say so!

But you may want to look into that a little further - I won't argue the point

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• On the rear it would be that one tire is doing the work of two and in my case spinning it from time to time even when I dont intend to due to the lack of weight on it as compared to a car also wears it faster. - - - its why I question if in this application a sticky soft tire might actually do better than a higher mileage rated tire that I might spin more often???

The originial Kenda's fronts 25,000 the rear 16,000 miles. Since then I think 5 or 6 tires just for the rear 93,000+ miles. If that were the case that Nitto 555 G2 should last forever with no traction, I can spin it anytime that I want to. The Nitto is on Sling II right now and the Ripken Raptor is on Sling I there is a BIG difference traction wise between the two.

• Wow, you change your rear tire every three to four thousand miles? I have a thousand miles on mine and it still has the rubber tits on it. Why don't Sling tires last as long as similarly rated car tires?

I don't know. I baby my street car but don't get the mileage out of 'em on this car either

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Some of us don't bother recording mileage between oil changes. I just change my oil every time I change the rear tire. That works out to every 3 to 4 thousand miles anyway. I just wish someone who come out with an extended mileage rear tire for the Slingshot

I would have to buy oil by the drum if i changed mine every time i swapped out a back tire....:00008172: