Corona Virus

• when I first met my girlfriend....she said you need a passport....(she traveled the world 30 years ago.....she wants to do more) .....I told her I don’t need a passport because I didn’t lose anything and I’m not going looking for it....All those countries is the reason I’m staying home....

this is just about the saddest thing I have ever heard a person say about their own life. There are thousands of places in this country I haven't seen and still would like to see, but that does not mean there are not places in other countries that are worth visiting- - - you could learn a great deal not just about other countries but also about our own by stepping out to get a better view back in

I am not a world traveler by any means, but in my trips to the Philippines I have not only learned what we have thats really great, but I have also been able to see people still living with some really good things we have left behind - - - - things many in our society are very happy to do away with - God for example

I find it interesting that you can say "All those countries is the reason I'm staying home" - - - when you have no personal experience with "all those countries" - - - - - - perhaps all of what you think you know has been fed to you to control your thinking - - perhaps your own country is constantly conspiring to feed its people filtered information and mistruths to keep you from leaving home and finding out its all been lies

you are mr conspiracy mr never trust the government, never trust anyone else - - - yet your willing to never leave this country to find out the truth for yourself????

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• you may have had wonderful experiences on your trips. I’m glad...

Most of the destinations come with warnings about things that go on if you should stray off the designated locations.....and yes there are places like that here...

But their legal systems aren't the same, theIr medical systems aren’t the same....people go to these places thinking I can do and say and act as I want I’m an American......Incase you haven’t noticed Americans have targets on their foreheads....for kidnapping or death....Tourists in general are targets....the above things I just mentioned are something I don’t need to worry about....I’m not into foreign cuisine ..don’t eat any of It here...so I don’t need to travel to avoid it there...

several years ago I made a huge mistake...I watched a video that is probably taken down now...I assume it was shot in Mexico...might have been cartel related.....two men were handcuffed Sitting outside against a wall....one had his head cut off with a chainsaw...and the other one had his hacked off with a large knife....I didn’t sleep for a week.....

People (Tourists) are disappearing in other countries all the time ....my name won’t be on that list...

• You know what - now that I think about it is probably best if you dont go to any other countries.

• Bigdog - to be fair ALL countries have problems you describe. Make your vacation destination the south side of Chicago or Baltimore or 9th Ward (Algiers we call it) here in Louisiana and see what happens. Remember when they shot at rescuers after Katrina - that was 9th ward!! Every country has beauty and crime. I may tend to agree with you on middle eastern countries - seems like they have an above average detest of Americans IMO.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• No Americans have been killed in Mexico - - its all staged by the U.S. Government to keep you under their thumb - - - - they dont want you to realize that living here and paying them your tax dollars until the day you die is not your only option - - they dont want you taking your retirement money and living like a king some other place where they wont get their cut =O

everything is a conspiracy - - - you are the one who told me so it must be true :thumbsup:

• Bigdog - to be fair ALL countries have problems you describe. Make your vacation destination the south side of Chicago or Baltimore or 9th Ward (Algiers we call it) here in Louisiana and see what happens. Remember when they shot at rescuers after Katrina - that was 9th ward!! Every country has beauty and crime. I may tend to agree with you on middle eastern countries - seems like they have an above average detest of Americans IMO.

Bill Martin this brings back one of my travel memories. When my wife and I visited New Orleans we took the ferry across the river to "Old Algiers' on the recommendation of a friend. We walked around a beautiful little area with tree-lined streets and brick houses and cathedrals. We ended up in a pub on the river to eat dinner and watch a Lakers/Blazers playoff game. The place was full of Lakers fans and we were the only Blazers fans in the place. The entire crowd chipped at me for the entire game and I gave it all back plus some. We enjoyed gator burgers, quaffed a few cold ones, and had a thoroughly enjoyable day. I've been lobbying for a return trip to New Orleans as the food, drink and music are right up my alley. Oh yeah, and café au lait and beignets!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Makers of dishware in North Carolina, furniture foam in Oregon and cutting boards in Michigan are among the companies closing factories in recent weeks. Caterpillar Inc. said it is considering closing plants in Germany, boat-and-motorcycle-maker Polaris Inc. plans to close a plant in Syracuse, Ind., and tire maker Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. plans to close a plant in Gadsden, Ala.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

just like anyplace, you have to use your brain before deciding to go someplace - I never have understood these idiots who do things like deciding to go hiking in North Korea, or Iran or other places where even a totally uninformed person could know it was not safe with a 1 minute internet search before going.

• Bill Martin this brings back one of my travel memories. When my wife and I visited New Orleans we took the ferry across the river to "Old Algiers' on the recommendation of a friend. We walked around a beautiful little area with tree-lined streets and brick houses and cathedrals. We ended up in a pub on the river to eat dinner and watch a Lakers/Blazers playoff game. The place was full of Lakers fans and we were the only Blazers fans in the place. The entire crowd chipped at me for the entire game and I gave it all back plus some. We enjoyed gator burgers, quaffed a few cold ones, and had a thoroughly enjoyable day. I've been lobbying for a return trip to New Orleans as the food, drink and music are right up my alley. Oh yeah, and café au lait and beignets!

How many years ago was that memory ... it wasn’t a picnic after Katrina - anything across the River from the Quarter was a war zone. Heard it was better - all the FEMA money helped the gangbangers move to Baton Rouge and set up shop. That’s why Baton Rouge is number 5 in the top murder rates in the country. I haven’t been to Algiers since way before Katrina and it was very nice - although just like the Quarter you could make a wrong turn and wind up in serious trouble!!

• How many years ago was that memory ... it wasn’t a picnic after Katrina - anything across the River from the Quarter was a war zone. Heard it was better - all the FEMA money helped the gangbangers move to Baton Rouge and set up shop. That’s why Baton Rouge is number 5 in the top murder rates in the country. I haven’t been to Algiers since way before Katrina and it was very nice - although just like the Quarter you could make a wrong turn and wind up in serious trouble!!

It was pre-Katrina. Maybe 3 or 4 years? We were out in broad daylight (until leaving the pub) and stayed near the ferry terminal. When travelling it's important to have a keen spidey-sense when it comes to being on the streets. Staying where there are people is one my rules. I remember wandering around Times Square at night feeling perfectly safe. When you come up to a corner you look down that street and if it's dark or not populated, don't go there. Now with everyone staring at their phone while they walk, I don't know how it works. It's called situational awareness and it can keep you out of trouble!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• It was pre-Katrina. Maybe 3 or 4 years? We were out in broad daylight (until leaving the pub) and stayed near the ferry terminal. When travelling it's important to have a keen spidey-sense when it comes to being on the streets. Staying where there are people is one my rules. I remember wandering around Times Square at night feeling perfectly safe. When you come up to a corner you look down that street and if it's dark or not populated, don't go there. Now with everyone staring at their phone while they walk, I don't know how it works. It's called situational awareness and it can keep you out of trouble!

is that like you look down the hall into the living room and you see your bride...

You know to run like hell?? 😂😂

The biggest thing to me would be if you managed to get into legal trouble or need hospitalization....and if you have to walk around with your head on a swivel....it wouldn’t be a pleasant experience for me......I don’t like large crowds around here.....to me the bigger the crowd...the more chances of running into an asshole.....my two best examples....one is from a co worker....in the seventies he went to a rock concert in three rivers stadium in PGH...some time during the show he witnessed a 1 gallon glass wine jug flyIng over his head.....what happens if you get hit with something like that?

Number two the worst one.....Over 20-25 years ago....I have twin Late teen- early 20s Female second cousins That went to a Cleveland browns football game to watch the Steelers.....at the end of the game they were walking toward the exits....they were at or near the top of the stadium....someone accidentally or on purposed knocked into them....one fell over the railing 60 feet down into the parking lot.....luckily there was a paramedic very close by...he saved her life....but now She walks with a severe limp...also had some neurological brain damage....if it was on purpose as a “joke” because they were from PGH, I would like to find the prankster....an attempt their mu.r....idea of fun...

You never know who is packing a gun today....you have to assume everyone is. Or when some jihadist is going to pull out a butcher knife and start hacking away....it’s the reason I carry if we’re on a bicycle trail or I’m in my SS. I have around $5000 in my bicycle and around $3000 in hers...and you know how many people love your slingshot ...Or hate it because it’s not a “motorcycle”...and My girlfriend is 4’8” and has some slight TBI Impairment from wrapping her car around a telephone pole..around 35 years ago..

No Americans have been killed in Mexico - - its all staged by the U.S. Government to keep you under their thumb - - - - they dont want you to realize that living here and paying them your tax dollars until the day you die is not your only option - - they dont want you taking your retirement money and living like a king some other place where they wont get their cut =O

everything is a conspiracy - - - you are the one who told me so it must be true :thumbsup:

They don’t have to kill a Americans they are killing enough Mexicans...but I don’t believe Americans have never been killed in Mexico....what about all the people off California that have ended up missing and their boat is gone....very common years ago....every narco needs a new drug running innocent looking boat..

when you read about thousands on Mexicans that have been killed by the drug lords....seen the dead bodies hanging from bridges...see pictures of the mass graves they find...with stories about the Dead Mexican soldiers and city mayors .....you couldn't even pay me to visit Mexico let alone live there in my old age...beauty’s only skin deep the corruption is to the core....

Just keep in mind in country’s that we consider poor....corruption is rampant ...they can be bought off for a song..

another thing that bugs me.....all the places we consider paradise is Usually surrounded by Extremely poor people...living in huts...and corrugated shacks..